Dead cats?

taliesin2943

@taliesin -- I know exactly what you're talking about.

I played through BioShock 1 twice and went through those levels with a fine-tooth comb -- taking everything in. There are dead cats everywhere.

Been mostly doing MP but played some of the first level of SP, and I was happy (?) to see the cats again.

It fits with the decaying condition of the city, but it is sort of an Easter Egg for the purists (like you and me, I suppose) -- kind of like the Teddy Bears in MW, COD:WAW, and MW2 (Infinity Ward had Teddy Bears in MW, Treyarch put them in Nazi Zombies, and MW2 brought them back in MW2, both SP & MP).

I agree! I can't remember dead cats in either of the two games...

You can't remember seeing any dead cats?!? They're everywhere !!! You can't turn a corner without bumping into another dead cat ! Lol.

Just kidding. I've been fine tooth combing the halls of both Bioshock 1 and 2 and there are quite a few kitties scattered throughout the levels (which is a bit disturbing if you're a kitty lover like myself).

The one cat that does jump to mind is "Schrodingers" Cat which is in Diosp???? park under a frozen block of ice and an area with about 6 security cameras, 2 turrents and lots of ice in what looks like a massive freezer section of the park. There's also a frozen solid dude when you open the door with a hat. The cat is a few metres away from him, buried under ice.

So yeah - loads of dead cats around everywhere!!

There should have been a trophy for finding all of these cats! ..and they could have called it 'Pussy Galore'. :whistle:

Hush yo mush! The audio diaries from both games are enough! Damn collectibles. It's fucking lazy on the devs part IMO. So yeah, no more collectibles damnit! LOL.

Why are there so many cats? Citizens of Rapture aren't allowed to have mass clones of black/white kitties and then starve them to death after its downfall? What's the problem here?

Haha, there's so many dead cats in the two games. I just assumed that they had to do with some art form from Sander Cohen or some experiment with Plasmids.

However, the truth is much more satisfying: After numerous experiments and dead cats later, they will be the antagonists of Bioshock 3! Fear the Big Kitties!

I'd love to see a picture or a video of what you're talking about. Nothing like that comes to mind for me for some reason when I think back on the game.

this came out pretty well considering it was a crappy phone camera picture of my tv. This cat is in Fontaine Futuristics in the theatre

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9131/dsc00234q.jpg

XD omfg I wonder if we could do a little trip with the kittys like in Half life 2 taking the gnome threw the game OMG if any one knows what I am talking about I would flip if someone did a little thing like that

For those who dont know what I am talking about

Garden Gnome - Combine OverWiki, the Half-Life Wiki - Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Portal, Episode Three, and everything behind-the-scenes!

• 2 months later...
XD omfg I wonder if we could do a little trip with the kittys like in Half life 2 taking the gnome threw the game OMG if any one knows what I am talking about I would flip if someone did a little thing like that

For those who dont know what I am talking about

Garden Gnome - Combine OverWiki, the Half-Life Wiki - Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Portal, Episode Three, and everything behind-the-scenes!

Maybe we can use the telekenisis plasmid?

Yeah I noticed the cats!

There's probably one per level or something

Maybe Rapture only had cats, and no other pets?

Seeing as Cat's are arguably the smartest/cleanest/ most elegant pets, and Rapture was built for the best and brightest, I could see that making sense!