Anyone else disappointed by Big Brass Balls

1illGamer

I was unhappy when I found out that there was no trophy for beating the game on the hardest difficulty without using Vita Chambers as there was in the first BioShock. Don't get me wrong I played through the game this on these settings anyway because 'I Chose The Impossible' was one of the funnest trophies I've ever gotten. But I would have prefered that it was necessary for the platinum rather than just only having to do one playthrough. Which means nothing since I'm going to play through it again anyway.

There is, however, one trophy for beating it on the hardest difficulty and one trophy for beating it without vita-chambers. They just divided it into two different trophies for some reason, sadly.

Nonetheless, I'm still playing it on Hard with vita-chambers disabled. My disappointments with the game: No such trophy as you mentioned, no "level select" as Bioshock did, no New Game+ mode to unlock trophies you didn't get the first time through due to the lack of a level select, and online trophies.. I never liked online trophies :]

Edited by FetusZero

Maybe I read this wrong (it's possible)? If you play on the hardest setting and don't use the Vita Chambers at all, you're getting what you wanted only you're getting two trophies for it instead of the one like you did in the original BioShock, no?

My gripe is that if you want your Platinum trophy and hate MP as I do, you have no choice. Coupled with the fact this game has one of the worst matchmaking (or lack thereof) I've seen in an online game.

Pairing my lvl 10 character with a 30+ user as my opponent? Ya, that's fair. /sarcasm.

Coupled with the fact this game has one of the worst matchmaking (or lack thereof) I've seen in an online game.

Pairing my lvl 10 character with a 30+ user as my opponent? Ya, that's fair. /sarcasm.

lol agreed, and have you read the booklet? It actually claims it has matchmaking to make sure you play with people that are around the same rank as you are -_-

I definitely plan on getting that Platinum though, all I've got left to do online is level up to rank 40 (and the lower ones, currently at level 6) and playing on each map, which should be done by the time I reach 40.

And yeah you do get both, but it removes any kind of challenge to do the vita-chambers one on easy and being able to use them on hard, but then again, it's up to the player's choice. It still lowers the kind of challenge and rewarding feeling that the first game had when achieving it. For my part, I'll keep doing both on Hard.

My disappointments with the game: No such trophy as you mentioned, no "level select" as Bioshock did, no New Game+ mode to unlock trophies you didn't get the first time through due to the lack of a level select, and online trophies.. I never liked online trophies :]

Those are pretty much my disapointments too and I'd also like to add the removal of the talking Gatherer's Gardens. Maybe my game is glitched but the Gatherer's Gardens don't say "Are you stronger thaan my daddy?" I'm pretty sure they all said things in the first game but I couldn't get them to say anything in this one. I always tought it set a kind of happy yet creepy mood.

Honestly, who needs a Vita Chamber when you can save whenever the hell you want? I mean if there were save points that you had to reach before doing so, that'd be one thing. But saving before every single Gather, every single Big Daddy (protectors, not the random scrubs), and basically whenever I felt like "Wow it's been a bit since I last saved, maybe I should do that now...", trivializes the use of Vita Chambers completely.

In short: Blah.

Honestly, who needs a Vita Chamber when you can save whenever the hell you want? I mean if there were save points that you had to reach before doing so, that'd be one thing. But saving before every single Gather, every single Big Daddy (protectors, not the random scrubs), and basically whenever I felt like "Wow it's been a bit since I last saved, maybe I should do that now...", trivializes the use of Vita Chambers completely.

If you use Vita Chambers, when you respawn, any Big Daddy you were in the middle of killing will still have the same amount of health as before you died. Likewise any huge battle that was going on between you and Splicers, the Splicers you've killed already will not respawn.

I've been on both ends of the stick. I've been @ level 25 when I was put into a match with everyone else ranked below level 10, and when I was lowly ranked I played some very high (30 and above players). Maybe it only happens because there aren't enough players near the same level online at that time, or maybe its just broken.

The way in which the game divides teams is also equally flawed. I've seen the 4 highest ranked players up against the 3 lowest ranked ones in a Capture the Sister match. No prizes for guessing which team won... ;)

Wait, so I don't have to beat it on Hard to get the no vita chambers? Damn, that makes my job too easy now.

You can save before fights, but with vita chambers, the life I've taken off a Daddy or big sister will stay off. That makes fighting a big sister on hard a bit easier. Although, I only struggled against a Big Sister once playing through on normal my first time.

Why is it disappointing? Because there is no "look what I did" about it? You can still earn it the same way if you want to "play on hardest with no vita chambers". Why can't you just do that.

The primary point of Trophies and Achievements is "look what I did", then comes the replay value. Also that a harder trophy gives greater satisfaction upon achieving it, in my opinion. I'm still doing it though, solely for personal satisfaction, which I would say is the most important part of it.

I guess it's similar to WipEout HD Zone Zeus: I keep my personal satisfaction of getting it the legit way, but it's still a bummer to be kicked to the bottom of the leaderboards by glitchers.

Why is it disappointing? Because there is no "look what I did" about it? You can still earn it the same way if you want to "play on hardest with no vita chambers". Why can't you just do that.

Ya dude that's what I am saying. I only played through the game once and got all the trophies, so what's the big ass deal with everyone else? The game lets you save whenever you want, that ruins every possible difficulty trophy you could ask for. If you want to get pissed off get pissed off by that fact.

If they had a "beat the game without saving more than 10 times or using vita chambers on the hardest (or any) setting" now that shit would be worth talking about. There's several games that limit howmany times you can die and/or save or else you can't unlock a trophy.

They could have the "You get meleed or have a plasmid used on you and you die instantly" setting and it would still be totally doable without Vita Chambers thanks to the fact that you can save ALL THE DAMN TIME.

SAVES > VITA CHAMBERS. Who cares if crap doesn't respawn with Vita Chambers? Who cares if mobs stay at the same health from a save? You can save any time you want to ensure that you never lose, that defeats the entire purpose of a Vita Chamber for anyone that has half a brain.