im annoyed, savior trophy (minor spoiler)

Sarnath

so im at dionysus park, dont really like the level its multipathed and i get lost easy. anyhow i play through the entire crap and at the end where i have to decide to save or kill that dude im gonna save him to get the trophy ofcourse. however, as i enter the booth he is in i get jumped by splicers from behind, i notice one of them throws dynamite my way and im thinking "hmm i hope that blast wont hurt the guy" i dont have telekinesis up and before i know it the blast goes off i shoot the splicer down and i return to check on my supposed "friend" and he is lying dead in there ofcourse. so i have to replay the entire bloody level because of this, well maybe not the entire level, had it saved around the first little sister but its a long way to search for all audio tapes and whatnots... and the thing is i dont really like this game, i have to take long breaks every 30 minutes because i get so damned bored with it. this crap might just have been enough to make sure i dont flippin touch this piece of shit again. im extremely annoyed over this worthless situation.

Edited by Sarnath

so im at dionysus park, dont really like the level its multipathed and i get lost easy. anyhow i play through the entire crap and at the end where i have to decide to save or kill that dude im gonna save him to get the trophy ofcourse. however, as i enter the booth he is in i get jumped by splicers from behind, i notice one of them throws dynamite my way and im thinking "hmm i hope that blast wont hurt the guy" i dont have telekinesis up and before i know it the blast goes off i shoot the splicer down and i return to check on my supposed "friend" and he is lying dead in there ofcourse. so i have to replay the entire bloody level because of this, well maybe not the entire level, had it saved around the first little sister but its a long way to search for all audio tapes and whatnots... and the thing is i dont really like this game, i have to take long breaks every 30 minutes because i get so damned bored with it. this crap might just have been enough to make sure i dont flippin touch this piece of shit again. im extremely annoyed over this worthless situation.

I think this is just a case of bad luck. I hear you about the game getting frustrating at points. In a way you kind of answered your own question, you must reload your save and replay the whole level up to that point :(

(Make sure you save before you return to Stanley, though! ;))

I think this is just a case of bad luck. I hear you about the game getting frustrating at points. In a way you kind of answered your own question, you must reload your save and replay the whole level up to that point :(

(Make sure you save before you return to Stanley, though! ;))

it wasnt a question, it was just angry ranting :) but damn i aint touching this game in a while. to frustrating this crap ^^

I think this game is pretty awesome, as the first one. Anyway, this is Bioshock, you can make all of checkpoints you want by saving the game... I saved it a lot to avoid situations like that.. but I can't get damn bored of this game. I hated when it ended. :(

If you dont like it dont play it simple as that. Why force yourself to play through something that is aggravating to you or not enjoyable? Are those trophies SOO important to you? Btw..if you are having trouble even finishing the main story you might as well forget about getting the Plat, you'll never make it to lvl 40 in MP.

He drops $21, or at least he did for me, no ADAM though. Not really worth killing but in my opinion the only character who deserves to die for what he did. I killed him just for satisfaction and then reloaded my save for the trophy. You don't gain anything for leaving him alive after all.

Why are you forcing yourself to play this if you don't like it? Move on to another game if you hate it that much... :rolleyes:

im thinking

1 dont disrespect a great game

2 if you didnt like it to begin with dont buy it!

3 Bioshock has the ability to save at any given time so why didnt you use it

4 just sell the game you wont make it to lvl 40 in MP

i just cant believe we have people hating on such a great game the 1st game was my favourite game of all time and this is just the same its awesome its not boring if u want boring dude go play MW2 online all the time constantley and never get of it. thats my point never buy a game if you have no interest in it!

I'm in that level too. My problem is that I'm playing it on hard. I saved the last little sister, then saved the game and now, a lot of splicers and a big sister are heading my way and I don't have any high damage ammo to deal with all of them. Any tips to finish this level without replaying it?

im thinking

1 dont disrespect a great game

2 if you didnt like it to begin with dont buy it!

3 Bioshock has the ability to save at any given time so why didnt you use it

4 just sell the game you wont make it to lvl 40 in MP

i just cant believe we have people hating on such a great game the 1st game was my favourite game of all time and this is just the same its awesome its not boring if u want boring dude go play MW2 online all the time constantley and never get of it. thats my point never buy a game if you have no interest in it!

People are entitled to their opinions. If he got frustrated for something he had no control over, he has every right to complain. I love BioShock 2 and understand the hype over it, but I also understand that each individual is entitled to his/her opinion and the view on this game cannot be uniform and universal. :)

People are entitled to their opinions. If he got frustrated for something he had no control over, he has every right to complain. I love BioShock 2 and understand the hype over it, but I also understand that each individual is entitled to his/her opinion and the view on this game cannot be uniform and universal. :)

he he dont have the right to complain im sorry but the game allows you to save anywhere middle of a fire fight jump in the air whatever it saves anywhere if he was too stupid to not save often then thats his own fault not the game developers.ppl do have the right to an opinion but in some cases you just keep it to yourself not complain about it on a forum!

hehe whats the problem here? touched a sensitive subject airing my dissaproval of a minor game design flaw? gee and you think im off posting about it, your angry notices towards me are just as bad, if you dont like what im writing you need not post.

this is a forum, a community. how fun would it be if we all agreed on everything? and please, why bother saying "you wont ever make it to level 40" and crap like that? who cares? you are acting childish commenting like that.

Im playing this game for the story, thats it i dont really enjoy the gameplay however i enjoy the story. i paid good money for this game and im allowed to comment on the stuff i dont like about it.

and no i wont be going for the platinum (unless the mulitplayer proves fun, have yet to try) but i would like to collect the trophies i can while im at it.

ofcourse i know i can save everywhere, its not about that. its about a minor flaw where the computer can make a decision for you when it is supposed to be your decision (in this case kill/not kill a certain individual wasnt up to me, it was up the that stray splicer)

[edit: i reread and what?! im not having any troubles at all with finishing this game, its quite easy and also im not hating :D as i stated higher up in this post im merely angry with a small flaw]

Edited by Sarnath

Im just abit annoyed at some of things ive been hearing tbh youtube is full of it and i seen this thread and thought not another 1. i know i never meant disrespect by the youmwont reach level 40 i was mereley meaning it as u said u dont like the game so i doubt u would make it what i meant.

i played the game for story and gameplay and found this to be an amazing piece of work by 2K yeah true enough you did pay your money so its only fair that you can make comments and what annoys you. MP from my experience im at Rank 7 not played much but i find it really fun something different.

but again about the save thing im meaning take advantage of the ability to save anywhere in the game this is unique and not many games have this feature and safe often is my advice. i understand there was a stray Splicer this was just a bad thing that happened because Splicers in this game respawn after so long specialy with the amount of Research you need to do.

So basically i wasnt meaning to be rude in my previous post to anybody sorry if i rattled anybodys chain i hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

If you dont care about the trophies in the game as you previously stated why are you on a trophy site complaining about a trophy that you dont even want. Trophies must be earned. Some games, if you miss the trophy you want there is no reloading a save..you have to play the whole game over again to get said trophy. Also If you are playing videogames just for a story might I suggest finding a new (cheaper) hobby like reading or watching movies.

This game aint no piece of shit mate...You just got unlucky by the sounds of it! Should of saved the game at regular intervals mate just to be on the safe side, E.G. nail a few splicers and save it. Or if you think you could of done it better, like not taking as much or any damage or using less ammo etc then just load the save back up...Simples :p

If you dont care about the trophies in the game as you previously stated why are you on a trophy site complaining about a trophy that you dont even want. Trophies must be earned. Some games, if you miss the trophy you want there is no reloading a save..you have to play the whole game over again to get said trophy. Also If you are playing videogames just for a story might I suggest finding a new (cheaper) hobby like reading or watching movies.

you, my friend are a lost cause it seems. you totally disregarded everything i said and went on to write something entirely different. I guess there is no way we could continue this discussion civilized, nor would i want to. thanks for your input. you might aswell have kept it to yourself

hehe whats the problem here? touched a sensitive subject airing my dissaproval of a minor game design flaw? gee and you think im off posting about it, your angry notices towards me are just as bad, if you dont like what im writing you need not post.

this is a forum, a community. how fun would it be if we all agreed on everything? and please, why bother saying "you wont ever make it to level 40" and crap like that? who cares? you are acting childish commenting like that.

Im playing this game for the story, thats it i dont really enjoy the gameplay however i enjoy the story. i paid good money for this game and im allowed to comment on the stuff i dont like about it.

and no i wont be going for the platinum (unless the mulitplayer proves fun, have yet to try) but i would like to collect the trophies i can while im at it.

ofcourse i know i can save everywhere, its not about that. its about a minor flaw where the computer can make a decision for you when it is supposed to be your decision (in this case kill/not kill a certain individual wasnt up to me, it was up the that stray splicer)

[edit: i reread and what?! im not having any troubles at all with finishing this game, its quite easy and also im not hating :D as i stated higher up in this post im merely angry with a small flaw]

There is no flaw, it's your own fault that it happened in the first place. Don't criticise a game for your mistake, that's like criticising a movie because you didn't look at the screen.