Rate the trophy difficulty...  

526 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_5.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.22

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i voted 5, but maybe that's even too much. the trophies are easier than in bioshock 1. you can get the diaries, weapon upgrades, research and such stuff without a guide in the first playthrough. even the hard playthrough isn't hard because you can use vita chambers.

multiplayer is a little bit time consuming but not hard and is making fun anyway. don't know why so much people are complaining about the bad match making, because i get nearly always in fair matches with players ~my level. and even if not, the grenade launcher or the crossbow aren't that overpowered like everybody's saying. the grenade launcher for example is slow, has only 3 shots per magazine and you have to hit the enemy at least 2 times to kill him. in this time an enemy with an mg or shotgun has already killed you lol

well, maybe the multiplayer can become hard if you are VERY low skilled. i don't know, i'm not high skilled at all, average player, and i have a k/d of 1.40. and even then you still get enough adam through research, hacking and completing the match.

edit: ah and btw, no multiplayer trophies glitched on me

I gave it a 4. im doing story right now and im not having any issues getting trophies but i am enjoying the game as well as online but getting to 40 is easy if you have time and patience and a particular loadout that works for you so just mess with a loadout till you found one that works for you

Final score is a 5.

The trophies for this game are easier than the prequel. Beating the story without the Vita Chambers in any difficulty (I went for Normal mode) and less enemies to research (even though I missed the Big Daddy at the end of the game), you can probably get all the single player trophies if you play it on Hard. Or if you play it once, you can play it again with the Vita Chambers on. I mean you can get most of the trophies by turning off the Vita Cahmbers and always save your game. A little known tip for those who played Bioshock 1.

And the online trophies...are meh. You can get the rank trophies by grinding and trying to get the other trophies whie doing this. The main problem while ranking up is dealing with the host quitting the game, making you go back to the lobby. But that's just me.

I voted it a 3. If you have played the first game, than you will know how the game works, and what to look for (secret areas, traps etc). The collectibles are very easy to find and the fact you don't have to collect every single one for the trophy means you will not need a collectible guide.

The hard difficulty is not very hard at all compared to other FPS and even the first Bioshock, and it gets easier the more you play though with the help of the research camera.

The online is quite easy but it will take some time to get the rank 40 trophy (around 95,000 adam needed)

For players of many FPS games - I would rate this a 3, because its much easier than its predecessor and the collectable trophies are very forgiving (100/129 diarys).

For the average gamer - I would rate this a 6, because the multiplayer can become tedious, the hard difficulty will test your patience, and finding everything can be a chore.

I voted 4, I played the first but didn't plat it. I' relly enjoy this game, a lortof fun. The story mode is great, and the multiplayer kinda of suck, but not hard at all. I'am rank 20 and it took about 7 hours, mostly due to host quiting or bad connection. Which is why some games should stay away from multiplayer (trophies) because they don't have ther servers to deal with it or the setup to. Otherwise it's tons of fun.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/th/e/thedane21/card2.png

Not finished grinding the MP yet (upto 15) - but the single player stuff was a doddle. Took me 2 plays, because I missed a few bronzes (didn't play with a guide). Also did hard with chambers off (expect it to be a requirement like Bio1). Still very easy.

MP grind, here we come =(

I'm going to go with a 5 on this one. A lot of people are struggling like hell with the MP, so you have to account for the skill curve AND bad luck.

There's also a lot of ways to screw up the trophies beyond repair. Such as: "Savior", "Dealth With Every Little Sister", "Rapture Historian", and "All Weapon Upgrades".

You make the wrong choice or don't save in the right spot and that means you're playing through the game again. I think games with that plus a decent amount of MP deserve a 5.

Any game that takes roughly 30 hours to plat is a 5 in my book, and I'd go with that estimate as well for this game.

i gave it a 7 because they are all pretty easy it just makes them harder that you have to do them in one play through and you can't go back to levels. I screwed my chance up with the fully research everything because i did not get research of all the thuggish when i had the chance. i know get a rank 40 is just time consuming but it is going to be a long time til i ever get that (bad company 2 is in a few weeks=really excited)

I gave it a 5. I started with the multiplayer trophies first because I didn't think it would have a dedicated fan base. It's fun and is true to BioShock but it's not accessible to every gamer (not as easy to do well as say, Modern Warfare). I had no real troubles getting the multiplayer trophies. The only hard one to get is reach level 40 and that just takes time. You should get the other MP trophies along you road to 40. To rank up quick, I recommend playing "Capture the Sister" or "Survival of the Fittest". These two modes got me the most ADAM. It took me just over 19 hours to get to 40. My usual loadout was Tommy Gun(w/ Extended Mags) & Crossbow(w/ Damage Increase). I walked around with the Crossbow and when I saw someone, I shot an arrow and quickly switched to the Tommy to finish him off. I also had Geyser Trap and Insect Swarm as my Plasmids. Geyser Trap is a good way of getting the jump on your enemy and has helped me in some real tight situations. Insect Swarm is just a beast. While not dealing any real damage, it totally blinds your enemy and you should get an easy kill unless they got ninja senses. As for Tonics, I used Expert Photographer & Speedy Hacker. Researching a dead body, hacking anything, and picking up the little red viles give you as much points as getting a kill. Remember that. As for single player, well, not as hard as BioShock. On your first playthrough, put it on easy and get all the trophies other than the one for completing the game on hard. There are a lot of good audio diary guides out there and you only need to get 100 of them. Spare every major character you meet. Don't kill Gracie. Don't kill Stanley. Don't want to contain any spoilers so I'll leave you to find out what happens with Gil. Remember to disable Vita-Chambers as soon as you control Subject Delta to get the no Vita trophy. It won't count against you unless you use a Vita-Chamber but it's good to be safe. Wow, that reply got out of hand. 5