Multiplayer - respawn-glitch?

p3-eR-nuLL

This has happened to me at least 10-20 times. The only way to get un-stuck is to die, or leave the game. It's pretty messed up stuff when you die in areas that almost no one goes because you could be stranded there for a long time, or even the entire game.

It only occurs in laggy games. So if you are lagging I suggest not even wasting your time risking it, or playing in a bad game. Just quit out of a laggy game. You will still retain ALL of the ADAM (I promise) that you had accumulated in the game.

I've had this happen to me in a few games where it was lagging very badly. I just quit and joined another.

Another glitch I've noticed a few times is not being able to change my weapon after a respawn. Anyone else come across this?

well the weapon/plasmid change itself is somehow laggy/unresponsive. for instance, coming out of the houdini stealth and holding down the R2 button while having a nail gun equipped will cause your gun to jam lol, so you have to release the button and press it again. also, trying to manually change the weapon with R1 while the reloading animation has been initiated will show no reaction - you have to press R1 multiple times in a row to finally switch the weapon.

all in all the multiplayer itself is pretty clumsy in any conceivable way. not only the netcode is poorly implemented, also the balance/weapons/plasmids interaction seems to be over the top and simply not well thought out. clearly the developers didn't have that much time so they apparently mixed all their ideas without so much as balancing them properly - the result is this.

Edited by unscathed

well the weapon/plasmid change itself is somehow laggy/unresponsive. for instance, coming out of the houdini stealth and holding down the R2 button while having a nail gun equipped will cause your gun to jam lol, so you have to release the button and press it again. also, trying to manually change the weapon with R1 while the reloading animation has been initiated will show no reaction - you have to press R1 multiple times in a row to finally switch the weapon.

Yes, I've noticed that myself, especially when I've been trying to escape with a little sister or in the middle of a large battle.

The problems I experienced with my weapons not changing lasted until I was killed by another player .. even just waiting a little while had no effect. Thankfully, I haven't had this happen for a few days. ;)