reasercher

wolverine67

i'm pretty sure that it's not possible (or really hard) to finish the research if you missed one. i haven't missed any sister (just hadn't an A ranking on the first 1-2 ones) and i still had to do 10 attempts at the last two sisters maxing out the research to get it done (was a little bit trial and error).

I dont see how the Thuggish Splicers are even fair. I video taped them everytime i saw them and used various methods to kill them and still didnt max out the research on them. As soon as that level was over they were just gone forever. Now i have to play through the entire game again for that trophy.

O well at least the game is fun.. :/

Yes, many of them are missable. I have mentioned that in my guide and provided an extensive list of villains and their 'availability.'

Quoting myself:

When you get the camera, you ‘research’ your subject by filming them, attacking them and killing them. Each KIND of villain (Leadhead Splicer, Brute Splicer..) gets a separate category. The better the research (more action during filming), the higher the grade and the faster the bar fills. For each villain there are four ‘levels' of Research (can be tracked in the main menu (press )) Fill them out to the max for each villain. Also, use your camera the minute you get it, and equip any Research-specific Tonic you may find. Here is a list (as they appear in the menu):

• Thuggish Splicer: These are the Splicers who attack you with melee weapons. Incidentally, these are the rarest Splicers. Once you get the camera, research the hell out of them as they will no longer appear in later levels.
  • Leadhead Splicer: These are the 'generic' Splicers. They carry guns and sometimes throw bombs. There is enough of them to go around though, and will appear all throughout the game.
  • Houdini Splicer: These are the Splicers that 'teleport' from a point to another as they attack you. They will hurl fireballs at you as their weapon. They appear first in Dionysis Park and will remain throughout the game.
  • Spider Splicers: These are the Splicers that crawl on ceilings. They throw hooks at you as their weapon. They will remain appearing up until, and including, Fontaine Futuristics level.
  • Big Daddy: These are the big, fat villains that protect the Little Sisters. They first appear in Ryan Amusements and remain until and including Fontaine Futuristics. In this game, however, there is NO distinctions between the Big Daddies (Rosie, Rumbler... etc) when it comes to Research.
  • Big Sister: The infamous new villain of the game. Every three times you 'deal' with a Little Sister, they will appear. Also, there will be two more in the penultimate level. How you'll want to do this is deal with every Little Sister you find. Fight every Big Sister, hit them a few times then start filming. You need to film and then hit them till they die. Otherwise, if you film from the very beginning, you might not be able to kill them 'in time,' and this get a low score. There aren't that many Big Sisters so take advantage of every encounter you make with them.
  • Security: 'Security' here constitutes Security Cameras, Security Bots and Turrets (no distinctions). The easiest way to get this research is to stand in front of an unhacked Security Camera, trigger the Bots to come, film and attack. Rinse and repeat until their research bar is full.
  • Brute Splicer: These are the 'fat' Splicers. They appear around the beginning of the game, and usually attack you with melee or hurl objects at you. They appear for a few levels after you get the camera. There will be a lot of them in the last two levels, too, so plenty of opportunity to research them.
  • Alpha Series: These are a 'skinnier' version of Big Daddy, but still powerful, they will use their various weapons against you, and sometimes attack you physically. They first appear in Fontaine Futuristics and continue to appear for the remainder of the game.

I dont see how the Thuggish Splicers are even fair. I video taped them everytime i saw them and used various methods to kill them and still didnt max out the research on them. As soon as that level was over they were just gone forever. Now i have to play through the entire game again for that trophy.

O well at least the game is fun.. :/

don't know how you missed it. i got it maxed out halfwaythrough and had a LOT thuggish splicers left i don't needed to research anymore. maybe you kill them "wrong"? try to use plasmids or the shock-melee combo, this gets you an A or A+ ranking everytime. (well i know it's too late now, but still)

I'm pretty sure I missed filming a Big Sister early on and had no trouble getting them finished. I didn't even have to film the last 2 you encounter together. If your worried just get the 2 Tonics for better research and the one that lets you film for a longer period of time. While filming just use all your plasmids like fire, shock, ice, decoy and try to melee or shoot them with multiple weapons. This worked best for me and usually gave me really high scores.

the first big sister you cant research cos you dont have the camera then but i think any of them afterwards should get you towards the trophy, for the big daddies i sometimes went into rooms where there is security bots or splicers, started filming the daddy threw a hypnotise at the splicer then recorded what he did as he was attacked, timer runs out daddys health is low, started filming daddy again shot at him he attacked my bots came in attacked him, more footage, then i finished him off and grand daay trophy popped up:dance:, works the same way for researching security too,