Host Quits = You still get ADAM

F8L Fool

I keep hearing a lot of people complaining about hosts quitting. While it really does screw up your map trophy at times, it doesn't hurt your leveling up. In fact it's helped me level faster in some instances. On many occasions the host has quit the second the match starts, giving me 200 ADAM for first place (and everyone else because we were tied).

I am absolutely certain you retain your ADAM, because I keep track. Not only that but I went from level 31 to 32 from a game that was quit out in.

So don't worry about the host quitting, it's not that big of a deal. It can be annoying when you have to constantly look for a new room, but in a lot of ways it just helps you get your points faster. It's nice when it's only ~30 seconds in and they quit, giving me 150-200 pts.

Oh that explains what I thought was a bug to exploit here.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/bioshock-2/37578-whats-fastest-way-ranking-up.html

Do you still get ADAM in private matches? If so, you could boost that way. Host and quit with your friends.

I'm not interested in boosting cause I wanna play for fun since multiplayer is so fun in this game. But for others looking for a quick boost, I don't mind finding out.