Gamebreaking Tonic

F8L Fool

So I ran into this guy named H3ADxxTrauma, who is level 40. He only plays "Survival of the Fittest" because it's the fastest way to get ADA< if you are solid at getting a lot of kills.

Anyhow, he was using the most absurd/broken loadout I have seen in many years, for any shooter. The level 40 tonic apparently gives you two lives instead of one, so when you get downed you are "revived" and just go right back at it. If that alone doesn't sound stupid, here's the kicker: He is using the "Houdini" Plasmid as well, so he just gets up, goes invisible, and either kills you or runs away scott free.

Now you're probably thinking, "Well dude, just kill him before/after he revives again", which is the obvious way of thinking. The problem is that it seems as though NO ONE notices she revives, that they didn't get a kill, and she didn't get a death. The reason being that for the first ~10 games I played with HeadTrama they went (on average) 20-4, and often 20-0. Their K/D on the leaderboard is 2.49....

Here is why it's broken (if you haven't already figured it out): Almost no one else has this tonic. That, and you have to essentially get ON TOP of them to kill them before they revive or you're screwed. Not only that but if you're fighting them + 1 other person and you down them YOU...ARE...SCREWED. You are pretty much forced to die to the person still up, or go up and kill the downed person before they get up and run off or kill you and the other person after going invis.

It's just disgusting how broken the tonic is, even without the "Houdini Plasmid". When you die you should die. It's like a variant of the "Last Stand" perk from MW, but with the ability to actually stand the hell up and take no death at all.

I can't believe they would put something like this in the game. Having to kill someone not once, but twice, is CRAZY. Not only that but no one really knows what is going on, so the people with it are just running around like Superman mowing down everyone.

The Tonic needs to be removed, or should drain 100% of your EVE upon use. Seeing that idiot get up and destroy people was bad enough. Seeing them get up, GO INVISIBLE, and run away was equally pissing off.

EDIT: One additional food for thought. When a lot of people get to 40 and start using this tonic it will be exponentially worse. You'll end up seeing whole squads of people that just stand right the hell up. Imagine downing two people and having to reload, just to see them get up and beat your ass. The tonic needs to be removed, or the already blundered MP will get infinitely worse.

Edited by F8L Fool

Well I haven't met someone with that tonic, but it sounds totally messed up, for the other players off course. But on the other hand, if you get it on level 40, not many people have it. But eventually in a week, there will be a lot and then it's going to be hell if no one is going to die and just gets up again and kills or sprints away.

But you don't have to have that tonic to get 20 kills and almost no deaths. I have had it a couple of times, especially with the Big Daddy suit.

Yet another reason I hate online trophies, sigh. I don't understand the satisfaction ppl get p0wning newbs online. I just don't get it. Sure it's fun, for a little while, but I'd rather move on to another game. I mean, I may play a few times and use this maneuver b/c I earned it, but I would stop playing online (at least with that combo) shortly after. Its not fair to the other ppl out there who want to get the trophies, or just play a fair match. I'm not saying everyone should just let everyone kill them, but at least make it fair...esp. if there's no way to boost. Can you image a team deathmatch of lvl 40s with this combo? Wow. LOL, if I see him online, I'll be sure to steer clear!

Edited by robg69

I've encountered this thing 2-3 times now. Was surprised as hell when the guy stood up again. I didn't find it much of a problem though, but the other players in the game weren't monsters so I had time to take care of him twice each time.

The thing to remember is to look out for the white/grey smoke (or is it light?) the body emits when somebody is being revived. Kind of like the corpses you can gather from in the single player. Then just wait 'till you see them start to rise and blast them to hell (again).

Don't know how it works but it seemed like you can't move right away when you revive.

But yeah, this is going to get mental when 10/10 players revive everywhere. Think of a little sister game where there's big fights concentrated around the little kid. Not sure I'm gonna like it very much...

I guess I better level up quickly, because it would annoy the hell out of me !!

I don't want to resort to boosting, coz online is quite fun. I'm yet to start the story, decided to do online first as time is scarce

I thought like that.

When I got the game 9th I started online nonstop until I reach the Rank 40 (about 18h to get that) and I got the advantage of being in a Rank that rarely someone in the game approachs. It was quite fun when I was in Rank 38+ and got my tonic that makes your body explode after dead, the people that killed me taking me a photo for reserach and then, boom! They dead either xD

I don't want to know how it will be to play online as a lower rank when most of the people are in 40 (they explode when dead - you badly can't research them, and they had like 2 lifes in one (ressuration))

I am already level 40 and I refuse to use Death Trap;LVL 38. tonic that lets youexplode when you die. I also won't use Resurrection which is the lvl 40 tonic that we have been talking about.

It's just cheap as shit. It's absolutely shocking to see how few deaths these guys get while using it, as well as more kills. I ran into this guy today that was using the rocket launcher only. He would run up to people with and shoot it point blank, or on the ground. They'd die in 2 shots, as would he, but he'd just stand right back up and take no death.

I'm sorry but if you use it, you should take a death. It prolongs your killstreaks, it lets u get right back up and kill someone that's low health, or outright kill yourself AND the other person without risk of taking a death.

It's broken and it needs to be removed. Or, it must cause an actual death when you do die, and not just stand the fuck up like nothing ever happened in the first place.

It's broken and it needs to be removed. Or, it must cause an actual death when you do die, and not just stand the fuck up like nothing ever happened in the first place.

Nope.

personally I think this tonic, is a waste of a slot. I get way more kills while using somthing else. If it really bothers people that much, they can just not play FFA (which is where the tonic is most useful). Hot tip (and it sounds like you fellas need it) if you winter blast and kill someone they cannot rez:

Nope.

personally I think this tonic, is a waste of a slot. I get way more kills while using somthing else. If it really bothers people that much, they can just not play FFA (which is where the tonic is most useful). Hot tip (and it sounds like you fellas need it) if you winter blast and kill someone they cannot rez:

I'd love to know what your name is so I can actually see you're lvl 40, and not just talking for no reason at all lol. Because how you can say having two lives isn't powerful really sounds absurd to me.

The only tonic that is really a necessity in my eyes is health regen, because it takes so damn long otherwise to get your health back. The second most important would probably be EVE saver for me because I use Houdini like hell.

I've yet to run across a single rank 40 that doesn't use it. Almost no one knows about it, so they get rocked by it. Chronic and Head Trauma are the best examples, and they have a disgusting K/D that is way better than they would have without it.

If you headshot them they also don't get back up I believe. I'm rank 40 and I REFUSE to use that tonic, and I won't use Death Trap either. They're just cheap broken Tonics that give you another life and another kill that you don't deserve. Essentially they are just rewarding you for being bad and dying, it's stupid!

The second most important would probably be EVE saver for me because I use Houdini like hell.

I'm rank 40 and I REFUSE to use that tonic, and I won't use Death Trap either. They're just cheap broken Tonics that give you another life and another kill that you don't deserve. Essentially they are just rewarding you for being bad and dying, it's stupid!

How is houdini any different?

I am just talking about what I enjoy, I think you will find when more people reach 40 people will find even better tonic combos that dont use rez.

NOTE: Death trap can be considered cheap, however you have to walk over the corpse: which makes both players "being bad."

How is houdini any different?

I am just talking about what I enjoy, I think you will find when more people reach 40 people will find even better tonic combos that dont use rez.

NOTE: Death trap can be considered cheap, however you have to walk over the corpse: which makes both players "being bad."

Um, I see that you didn't include your PSN ID, so I'll just assume that you've never even used it.

Houdini is different because you have to have a brain to use it. You have to know how to use it, and when to use it. It's not just an automatic feature that kicks in whenever you get your ass beat. Plus you get it at a very low level.

Also how is it that walking up to a body makes you bad? Last I checked people do this just as often as they do any action like hack, or fire your damn gun. Why? Because people want to research for bonus damage, and ADAM.

You're comparing two completely different concepts. Having 2 lives when everyone else has 1 is cheap for obvious reasons. Having your body booby trapped with no OBVIOUS sign other than a quick little ticker at the last second is cheap for completely different reasons.

If I had to choose the greater evil it's obviously "Resurrection". Because if you were to kill the other person at the same time as they kill you, or they die from fire, they are at least dead and you get a kill and they get a death. I'd rather die to some idiot that has it on, and have them be dead, than die to some idiot that has "Resurrection" on and have them walk away laughing their ass off.

Also I'm not the one dying to these tools using it. It's everyone else that focuses fire on me while he comes back to life, and/or them getting these DISGUSTING K/D's and wins that they don't deserve because almost no one knows about the god damn tonic.

Um, I see that you didn't include your PSN ID, so I'll just assume that you've never even used it.

Houdini is different because you have to have a brain to use it. You have to know how to use it, and when to use it. It's not just an automatic feature that kicks in whenever you get your ass beat. Plus you get it at a very low level.

Also how is it that walking up to a body makes you bad? Last I checked people do this just as often as they do any action like hack, or fire your damn gun. Why? Because people want to research for bonus damage, and ADAM.

You can assume I've never used it, thats fine with me.

Houdini: pressing a button and getting it early in the game doesn't mean you have to be skilled player to use it. It seems to me that it is just as cheap as the Ressurect or DT (I don't find any of these cheap personally). You are invisible, you remove half of the senses available to the player. DT and Res both have audio and visual cues. This is why walking over the body makes you "bad" (again as bad as dying, which isn't all that bad I was using satire to prove my point in my previous post).

I hate dying to DT and being killed by a rezzed player. This doesn't mean that it wasn't my fault that it happened.

Theres a chance you played against these people and didn't notice.

I guess, but how long before they get back up? I make sure to stand over their body and either research them or shoot them a couple times (not in fear that they will get up, but just because I know their cam is watching me do it.) and they have never gotten back up.

Edited by ClutchTrilogy
Grammar fail

I guess, but how long before they get back up? I make sure to stand over their body and either research them or shoot them a couple times (not in fear that they will get up, but just because I know their cam is watching me do it.) and they have never gotten back up.

within 5 seconds. If there body is in motion it takes a little longer for them to respawn I've noticed (like sliding down a ramp)

I am already level 40 and I refuse to use Death Trap;LVL 38. tonic that lets youexplode when you die. I also won't use Resurrection which is the lvl 40 tonic that we have been talking about.

It's just cheap as shit. It's absolutely shocking to see how few deaths these guys get while using it, as well as more kills. I ran into this guy today that was using the rocket launcher only. He would run up to people with and shoot it point blank, or on the ground. They'd die in 2 shots, as would he, but he'd just stand right back up and take no death.

I'm sorry but if you use it, you should take a death. It prolongs your killstreaks, it lets u get right back up and kill someone that's low health, or outright kill yourself AND the other person without risk of taking a death.

In some point you're right, anyway, I totally disagree with u when you're pointing down the Death Trap tonic, I love it. It's fun as sh*t cuz I love see how they kill me and then they'll going happy to take a picture and boom..

However, the body 'advises' you when is going to explode, if someone already know that tonic.. I don't like the Ressuration either. It's a waste of tonic slot indeed...

within 5 seconds. If there body is in motion it takes a little longer for them to respawn I've noticed (like sliding down a ramp)

Thanks for further proving you don't know what you're talking about. It's a baseline 2 second resurrection. Keep talking like you know something man, because I doubt at this point that you even own BioShock 2, let alone are a level 40.

You not showing your PSN ID further proves my point.

Did I mention that when you "Resurrect" you automatically have **FULL EVE AND ALL OF YOUR AMMO BACK?!?!?!"!#@K@!#L:K!@#!@K**. So if you used up 100% of your EVE in the fight you died in, as did the person that lived, you come back with 100% of it.

This means that the second you spawn you can use Houdini for the *full* duration to safely get away. Can you say ridiculous? Or what if you had 0 ammo that's why you died, and you spawn with full ammo to decimate your foe?

I'm sorry but I can give 10000 reasons why it's B.S. and no one can really counter it with a logical argument other than "Dude just wait", as if that's a real option when you're fighting multiple people, or many other scenarios.

Thanks for further proving you don't know what you're talking about. It's a baseline 2 second resurrection. Keep talking like you know something man, because I doubt at this point that you even own BioShock 2, let alone are a level 40.

You not showing your PSN ID further proves my point.

2 seconds if your body is standing still, if you've ever died or killed someone while they are falling or sliding you might notice that it can take up to 5 seconds. (I've heard people waiting up to 10 seconds according to them).

My PSN won't change facts about the game, just your opinion... no, probably not even that.

Did I mention that when you "Resurrect" you automatically have **FULL EVE AND ALL OF YOUR AMMO BACK?!?!?!"!#@K@!#L:K!@#!@K**. So if you used up 100% of your EVE in the fight you died in, as did the person that lived, you come back with 100% of it.

This means that the second you spawn you can use Houdini for the *full* duration to safely get away. Can you say ridiculous? Or what if you had 0 ammo that's why you died, and you spawn with full ammo to decimate your foe? .

You are neglecting the 2 seconds you are completey vulnerable and very visiable while rezzing, full eve and ammo is your reward

I'm sorry but I can give 10000 reasons why it's B.S. .

Start with one that doesn't include tears.

Do you get two kills if they rez and you are successful at putting them down? Or does the first time you kill them not count as a kill?

Either way I don't think I will have a problem with this tonic since I am an asshole that just sits over the bodies I kill and just keep put machine gun rounds into their body until their camera is no longer watching me do it.

Do you get two kills if they rez and you are successful at putting them down? Or does the first time you kill them not count as a kill?

Either way I don't think I will have a problem with this tonic since I am an asshole that just sits over the bodies I kill and just keep put machine gun rounds into their body until their camera is no longer watching me do it.

The first death doesn't count as a kill. You come back to life with 0 HP, but you're IMMEDIATELY regenerating. You can actually fire your weapon long before your resurrection animation is finished. It's easy to just swap to the grenade launcher and fire at the ground to not give them the kill, or kill both you and them with ease.

I give it a month tops before they take it out of the game.

You can actually fire your weapon long before your resurrection animation is finished. It's easy to just swap to the grenade launcher and fire at the ground to not give them the kill, or kill both you and them with ease.

That sounds not very cool at all. Hopefully these last 6 levels come fast so I don't even have to worry about this MP anymore lol.

• 1 month later...
The first death doesn't count as a kill. You come back to life with 0 HP, but you're IMMEDIATELY regenerating. You can actually fire your weapon long before your resurrection animation is finished. It's easy to just swap to the grenade launcher and fire at the ground to not give them the kill, or kill both you and them with ease.

I give it a month tops before they take it out of the game.

Well, it's been a month. It's not going anywhere. This is nowhere near "gamebreaking." I've seen a bunch of people use it, but nobody gets away with much when using it. Once I see someone use it, I just keep firing after they fall the first time. It may be easy to just GL suicide with it, but how I imagine that strategy gets boring fast. I've never once had someone get a GL suicide/kill on me or do much of anything besides take a few extra shots to kill. Machine/Nail guns are a very simple counter to this tonic and as long as there is a simple counter, there's no reason they would take it out of the game.