Not attacked during gathers

PoorPaddy89

This is one trophy I'll be having problems with in single player mode. I mean really. Remain untouchable during a Gather...twice. I can't do this in Normal, and I doubt I'll ever try this in Hard. I rather do this in Easy so I'll have less of a hard time. This is the only trophy in story mode that I'll have trouble getting cause of those Splicers and other random baddies.

Save your game before a gather, then unload a bunch of trap rivets all over the place. If a big splicer comes during the gather you can try to spam bolt on him until the little sister is done. Make sure that you save it so that you know where to focus your trap rivets. Usually there are around 3 entrances to an area. If there are more entrances or splicers can shoot at you from a distance then try it at a different area.

i did this trophy in the room where the cafe is in the centre of the room, set up loads of traps just in case, got against the kiosk where you gather a body in the corner equipped electro bolt and the drill , and just drilled anyone that got close to lil sis and electro bolt to hold them up for a sec while i drilled others, if you can see the big water patch in the room it helps to zap that now n then

This is one trophy I'll be having problems with in single player mode. I mean really. Remain untouchable during a Gather...twice. I can't do this in Normal, and I doubt I'll ever try this in Hard. I rather do this in Easy so I'll have less of a hard time. This is the only trophy in story mode that I'll have trouble getting cause of those Splicers and other random baddies.

Lol, I did this on hard without realizing it! Just be patient, I did it in the level where you meet Grace. I just stood my ground using plasmids and my shotgun.

seriously i did this on HARD on the very 1st Gather that you do. i set up a perimenter around the area so they couldnt get to the little sister 1 or 2 splicers camr charging in and i dealt with them wuick and easy then pick her up and you get this trophy.

ive encountered this glitch also just did a gather at Siren Alley put 2 Mini turrets either side of the little sister and hid back somewhere so i could just see her and no splicers showed up at all was expecting a big fight but got nothing so maybe its a problem they may patch in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this on HARD on my first playthrough.

When you first get to Siren Alley, if you take out that first Big Daddy to get his little sister, she'll lead you upstairs. The body is right at the top of a staircase - behind the body is a room (same room with the opening you drop down to get the tonic) you can hide in and no one can sneak up on you but you can watch the little sister during the gather.

There is a room to the right of where you watch her but you can trap the doorway (in my attempt no one came through that side room and I was able to pick up my traps after). I put traps up the staircase leading to the body and also on the other side. I then laid down three mini-turrets; two between the top of the stairs and the body and one on the other side of the body. I had no flying bots with me.

I started the gather and ran to the back of the room where I could watch the little sister. The traps and mini-turrets took out all but one or two splicers but as soon as they got near the little sister I took them out with the machine gun.

Make sure you save before attempting. Took me two tries - I missed when a splicer got through the traps and turrets and he interrupted the little sister.

I did in on Pauper's drop. There's this upstairs area near the limbo where the splicers can only come in two ways and both of them are narrow hallways so all you have to do is set a ton of trap rivets and you're done. By the time I picked the lil sister up they were all dead and I didn't have to use a single bullet or plasmids because my traps took care of them.

I've just finished doing my last three gathers on Fontaine Futuristics, but I haven't been attacked during them like usual. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining, and it made getting the 'Master Protector' trophy a synch. I just wondered if this is a bug or something that anyone else has encountered.

Same thing here. I was in the room where theres tons of turrets and cams to hack. I hacked them all, threw out a few mini turrets and loaded the room with trap darts, set the girl down and waited... Nothing. No one even set off an alarm in the distance. Ran up and picked up the little sister after she was done and didn't encounter a single enemy. Don't know if it was some kind of in-game glitch or not but happy it turned out that way. That was the only sp trophy that had me nervous.

I also did it on my first playthrough on hard. It really is very very easy if you do it in a certain room at Dyonisus Park. Next to one of the rooms that contains a little sister is a freezing room. And it is loaded by cameras and turrets. I hacked every single one of them, set up Trap rivets and mini-turrets and then went to the corpse. I put the girl down and then started using Insect Swarm a lot. No Splicer ever reached me due to the insects and the huge security system. I think this might be the best way to get the trophy.

I did this on my hard play-through on the second gather of the game. I had two bots and a turrent working for me. The key is just to make save whenever you've made some decent progress. It took a couple of reloads, but I eventually got. Doing this on easy should present no challenge at all, as long as you have enough cover. If all else fails, just wait until you have four mini-turrets and two bots to cover you and your little sister. Then just sit back and watch the fireworks.

as with a few others I had 1 gather in Siren Alley where no Splicers showed up during the gather. After I picked the sister up however I got swarmed by 5 or 6 at once so not really sure what caused the delay.

I'm not sure what people are struggling with getting through a gather with no damage. My first gather on hard I got the trophy by mistake. All I did was cake the entire area with around 20-25 trap rivets and rivet any splicer that survived.

Edited by lukey52

Got it on hard in Pauper's Drop (I think), the body was on top of a roof behind a lone wall with a security camera behind it. Simply set up traps from the one, narrow catwalk and took care of the Splicers coming from the other way with exploding barrels since there was plenty of them around, took out a few with the machine gun.

When you get a little sister, don't be in a hurry, take the time to search for well placed corpses as every maps so far (I'm in Dionysus Park) have had at least one or two corpses where this Trophy would of been easy to get. Plus, it's fun walking around and taking care of Splicers with a Little Sister on your shoulder, they're so cute :] "Get 'em Daddy!"

Got it on hard in Pauper's Drop (I think), the body was on top of a roof behind a lone wall with a security camera behind it. Simply set up traps from the one, narrow catwalk and took care of the Splicers coming from the other way with exploding barrels since there was plenty of them around, took out a few with the machine gun.

When you get a little sister, don't be in a hurry, take the time to search for well placed corpses as every maps so far (I'm in Dionysus Park) have had at least one or two corpses where this Trophy would of been easy to get. Plus, it's fun walking around and taking care of Splicers with a Little Sister on your shoulder, they're so cute :] "Get 'em Daddy!"

They are cute..I love the little comments they make "Look Daddy he's dancing" and "ohh marshmallow" haha brilliant! :D

I've just finished doing my last three gathers on Fontaine Futuristics, but I haven't been attacked during them like usual. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining, and it made getting the 'Master Protector' trophy a synch. I just wondered if this is a bug or something that anyone else has encountered.

Same thing happended to me. To bad I've already had the master protector :rolleyes:

i did it in hard like 3 times... trophy appears 1rst time :D... its not that hard just spam Trap Rivets also Insects Cloud help a lot, cause the insects find and stop splicers.

There are great places to do it on Pauper's Drop and on Dyonisius Park as I said, put a lot of trap rivets and look around... as a Tip, save after the gather and pay attention form where the splicers come... then load your game and put the trap rivets in that places, they always come form the same place.