New game + & trophies?

PoorPaddy89

I'm assuming there is a new game plus option like there was with the first BioShock. I've nearly completed my first 'story-run' of BioShock 2 and want to play again to get all the collectibles and stuff, but would prefer to play on new game +. However I just want to know if it disables trophies.

Ta

i didnt think there was one yet m8 unless its dlc like the last one

the 2nd playthrough on hard is ridiculously easy with vita-chambers ON (provided you got the trophy on your 1st playthrough already, which is next to impossible to miss)

and no, there is no New Game+ in bioshock 2.

I haven't used a vita-chamber yet but I haven't disabled them in the options either. will that effect the trophy do you know? if it does can you just turn them off half way through your game like you could on bioshock 1?

Edited by Jimbo76

the 2nd playthrough on hard is ridiculously easy with vita-chambers ON (provided you got the trophy on your 1st playthrough already, which is next to impossible to miss)

and no, there is no New Game+ in bioshock 2.

Yeah I turned vita-chambers off for my first playthrough (on normal) so I might just do collectibles and hard mode all in one.

And I'm sure if you just haven't used vita-chambers you'll still get the trophy. I didn't turn them off straight away. The trophy is dependant on not using them rather than turning them off.

Damn shame about New Game +. Hope to see it in an update/DLC.

Yeah I turned vita-chambers off for my first playthrough (on normal) so I might just do collectibles and hard mode all in one.

And I'm sure if you just haven't used vita-chambers you'll still get the trophy. I didn't turn them off straight away. The trophy is dependant on not using them rather than turning them off.

Damn shame about New Game +. Hope to see it in an update/DLC.

I have turned them off now so we will see if it unlocks or not. but I reckon it will.

Nope, you can't start the game with a save from Bioshock 1. Actually weird, because, I to read something about it somewhere. Actually played Bioshock again (6 time) before buying this game. To have the save and to remember everything that happened in the game.
I didn't mean start it with a BioShock 1 save, and I don't know what the benefit would be if you did. I meant if there was a 'new game +' feature like there was in the first, where once you completed the game you could start a new game and carry over all the plasmids, tonics and weapons you had previously earned.

I'm really not sure whether they will implement this. In some ways I think they will because you need a NG+ to upgrade all your weapons and buy all the tonics and plasmids, but at the same time you could completely skip the Ryan Amusements level if you started with the Ignite! tonic. Hopefully they figure out a way to implement it, as personally it adds a huge amount of replay value.