What's the fastest way of ranking up?

Flinton

Can anyone tell me the guide doesn't really help I'm so bored of multiplayer I jus want to get on with the game it's taking ages I'm only level 16 any tips ??????

Well if your level 16 and want to rank up and are bored I say just give up you got 10-15 hours to go still to hit 40, I find Capture the Sister to be the fastest to rank up with it takes longer then other game types but this is just more time for kills,hacks,killstreaks and what not.

Can anyone tell me the guide doesn't really help I'm so bored of multiplayer I jus want to get on with the game it's taking ages I'm only level 16 any tips ??????

Best advice is really what PvTRain said, just give up. If you're bored already then there's no point in playing since you have a looong way to go before you reach lvl 40

man im serious, if u are tired of it just give up.. From level 30 to 40 will take the same time of 1 to 30. Level 30 is around 45.000 adam and 40 is 94.000 i guess. I dont know cuz im suspect (as im now on 10th place of leaderboards) but since i started playing this online i didnt even notice ranking up. From 20 to 30 will take 2.500 adam each level and 30 above will take 4000 each one.

If we could exploit this potential bug, I think it'd be great. I don't know how this happened though.

I joined a game of Civil War and somehow it just popped up with just me as the only player and it says I automatically won.

So I got 200 Adam for a match standing in like 10 seconds.

It's not a bug, I had happened with me either... it happens when you join a game that's nearly ending, in that case, you joined at the end.

If we could exploit this potential bug, I think it'd be great. I don't know how this happened though.

I joined a game of Civil War and somehow it just popped up with just me as the only player and it says I automatically won.

So I got 200 Adam for a match standing in like 10 seconds.

I joined a game in the last 10 seconds. Team won so I got the trophy for winning my first game. Didn't even do anything

well got to level 12 and bored out of my brain. just played for 50 mins and got around 2100 (6 games at an average of 350 - yeah i know, average).

anyway, to answer your question, the fastest way to level up is to be good. i've never come close to winning a deathmatch but the people that do must get around 900 per game (?). its the difference between taking 15 hours to reach level 40 as opposed to 30 + hours.

i think ill cut my losses and not go for this plat!

Well.. it's supposed to take you a long time so you can get it, or it should've been silver or bronze

Mostly the only reason I want to get it for is the reason for all the platinums I have... because it's a great game. Or I would never play the online for too long.. it's not that great..

From the playing till now I see that the ADAM game is the fastest way to rank up as long as you grab the sister for long enough..

well got to level 12 and bored out of my brain. just played for 50 mins and got around 2100 (6 games at an average of 350 - yeah i know, average).

anyway, to answer your question, the fastest way to level up is to be good. i've never come close to winning a deathmatch but the people that do must get around 900 per game (?). its the difference between taking 15 hours to reach level 40 as opposed to 30 + hours.

i think ill cut my losses and not go for this plat!

Well.. It took me around 17h to get Rank 40... I'm not the best player of Bioshock in the world, neither the worst. :whistle:

lol, this thread really has made me much happier. haven't started bioshock online yet, but if it takes about 20 hours to get to level 40 it should be easy enough, considering how long it takes to get R2's Killing Machine. I probably played at least 20 hours and still failed that feckin trophy.

Edited by PoorPaddy89
spelling fail

I've found team adam grab is the best. Firstly, it's team-based so even if you lose you still pick up 150 adam for "2nd" place. On top of all the other adam you gain during each game (i.e. kills etc), you'll also net 3 adam for each second that you hold onto the little sister - which can add up to quick a nice total.

I have only been playing for a few hours now and I am level 14 (a sliver away from 15) after getting all the unique trophys all I play now is Civil War. It's relatively short, if you grab or kill a big daddy you get a nice adam bonus, and if you are decent at the game you can get 600-900 per match. Plus its kinda fun lol... I just gotta rank up to 40 for my plat.

I'm doing pretty good timewise I think. 3hrs in and I'm lvl 17. Though 14 of my levels were from the first day where I was scoring 900ADAM a game because no one knew what to do and I took to the game fast.

But my advice is if you're reasonably good to just stick to Survival of the Fittest. Usually you'll top every game and get 700-900 ADAM. I find SOTF is the best mode because a lot of the "noobs" and lower ranked people stick to the first game mode, so you can get easier kills, higher ADAM etc. Also I hate team based game modes because I always get stuck on a team full of downers.

I'm not enjoying the MP as much as I did the first day now though. It's just full of higher ranked people with OP equipment and electrified geyser traps now. First day when no one knew what to do and people were evenly ranked was absoloutly bliss.

Edited by LegendLiam

I'm doing pretty good timewise I think. 3hrs in and I'm lvl 17. Though 14 of my levels were from the first day where I was scoring 900-1000ADAM+ a game because no one knew what to do and I took to the game fast.

But my advice is if you're reasonably good to just stick to Survival of the Fittest. Usually you'll top every game and get 700-900 ADAM. I find SOTF is the best mode because a lot of the "noobs" and lower ranked people stick to the first game mode, so you can get easier kills, higher ADAM etc. Also I hate team based game modes because I always get stuck on a team full of downers.

I'm not enjoying the MP as much as I did the first day now though. It's just full of higher ranked people with OP equipment and electrified geyser traps now. First day when no one knew what to do and people were evenly ranked was absoloutly bliss.

The geysers and the few issues with plasmids later on (2 lives? really?) and the whole houdini thing really become an issue in late game. Hopefully it will get a patch that will balance it out some.

If you are getting frustrated just play team games, people are still noobs in that even to this day, plus you dont have everyone throwing down traps, they just all use the grenade launcher xD