Bit Dissapointed

clintpigsaw

Is anyone else really put off by the graphics on this?

it looks quite poor, i got it last night, and after waiting a good 20 minutes for the install (with the worst music in the world playing in a 30 second loop) it just doesnt look good at all graphics wise.

I remember being absolutely blown away by bioshock, it was original, and graphically superb (the water at the start after the crash) but this one just looks bland, quite generic really.

Maybe i was expecting too much, as i have had it on preorder for months and months, having said that i have only got through the first mission so im hoping it gets better!

The Bioshock series doesn't aim to have mind-blowing graphics (Like Uncharted 2, etc.) but instead focuses on the story and setting. From what I have seen, Bioshock 2 offers a huge improvement over Bioshock 1 in the graphics department, it all seems a lot more sharpened.

Perhaps your opinion is skewed due to the hype you had built up for the game, or due to playing graphically superior games recently.

All I can say is to enjoy the game, and ignore the graphics, they aren't everything - Hopefully the game will make up for it in story and enjoyment.

I am just really REALLY dissapointed with the Online....The match making kills this game making it the worst online I have played, Putting 30s in to a game with 16s and down is just bull shit and one thing I have seen is all of them had the game before the 9th? Ummm talk about bull shit to the least. Its Killzone 2 all over again join in to a game with a guy or guys who have all the things you have and more gets to the point that makes online unplayer. Next is the lag like WTF I know its not really bad but when you are running and then lag in to a fire that drops off half of your HP then run around the corner to be waved at with a shotgun for a 1 hit kill -.- *Sighs* I know it just came out and it may get fixed but still I am trying to enjoy it but it gets harder and harder as I play, tried to not play but I want to level up and give it back to them but really the first 2 hours was some of the best online I have played go to sleep and wake up in hell. 0.0

Edited by Pvt Rain

I haven't been getting any lag online... And i actually really enjoy it, it's really fun.

And the solo is just awesome, this is the best time i had in a game since bioshock 1 i think. The graphics aen't incredible but they are still really nice to look at, there's really nothing to complain about and the global atmosphere in this game is just breath taking.

Yeah, online leaves much to be desired. I keep getting matched up with faraway countries and it's killing me (literally). Plus online trophies make me feel like I'm 'forced' to play through this piece of garbage they call "multiplayer."

I swear to God if there is another BioShock and it has multiplayer, I'm not buying it.

Yeah, online leaves much to be desired. I keep getting matched up with faraway countries and it's killing me (literally). Plus online trophies make me feel like I'm 'forced' to play through this piece of garbage they call "multiplayer."

I swear to God if there is another BioShock and it has multiplayer, I'm not buying it.

I think thats a little hard I think it should be if Bioshock 3 has online trophies I am not buying it XD lolol

I think the graphics are great. as its 10 years or so after the first I think the decay of Rapture looks cool. as for the multiplayer, it didnt need it, feels a little tacked on for the sake of it, like someone else said feels like im forced to play it if your going for platinum. they should of gone the COD way and let people play MP for the fun of it. im gonna enjoy the single player game before I even think about going online.

I dont see why people cry so much about graphics nowadays, gameplay is awesome and thats how it should be.

Really? I mean I don't if a game looks nice I say its just a plus but really people do care about graphics nowadays because whats the point of this HD tv and this HDMI cable if the game looks bad XD

yeah the graphics were looking pretty average for me (so far i've only played multiplayer). maybe we're just spoiled now after seeing uncharted 2 graphics.

multiplayer is annoying. getting about 350 adam per match... going to take a sh*t load of time to get to 40, thats if i can even be bothered trying.

at first i was like 'yeah im going to go for this plat!' but now i dont know if i can be bothered. i've got all online but level 20 - 40 (currently at level 10).

i think i stirred up a hornets nest!

all i was saying was it didnt look as good as i remember being blown away by bioshock graphically, it was pretty cutting edge for its time, but this one looks sort of meh.

i agree totally that graphics dont make a game, i have just played through god of war collection, and even though it doesnt look that great, its amazing becuase of the story and gameplay, so im not a graphics whore, its just i wasnt blown away by bioshock 2 like i thought i would be!

You got a point XD I just love my ps1 too much.

Yup I mean if they look ok I can live but the bar has been put on a new level now with blue ray and all this stuff so there is really no point for a game not to look great but I think Bioshock 2 looks ok at the time 1 was really good so I think thats why we see it.

Yup I mean if they look ok I can live but the bar has been put on a new level now with blue ray and all this stuff so there is really no point for a game not to look great but I think Bioshock 2 looks ok at the time 1 was really good so I think thats why we see it.

Then again, this is a multiplatform game, you cant expect much from the 360 and the versions are pretty indentical.

Then again, this is a multiplatform game, you cant expect much from the 360 and the versions are pretty indentical.

True but this go for all next gen games look at Mass Effect on the Xbox it looks nice as well but its only on the 360 and PC so lets take MW2 the game looks very well done when it comes down to it no game now a day as big as bioshock or something so have something draging it down this is not some fly under the radar game XD but again I really don't care how they look as long as it does not take away from the gameplay some how.

I guess the one particular thing that has annoyed me so far is that when you die and you have disabled the Vita Chambers, it takes you back to the main menu. If I recall correctly, the first one merely prompted you to load a recent save without unloading the level you were on saving you a bit of load time.

I guess the one particular thing that has annoyed me so far is that when you die and you have disabled the Vita Chambers, it takes you back to the main menu. If I recall correctly, the first one merely prompted you to load a recent save without unloading the level you were on saving you a bit of load time.

Ya that would be a pain in the ass I have not died yet so I don't know XD

I could really care about the graphics. Besides, I never notice a difference between the two games. 'm mostly just playing the game and I could really give a care about the graphics being that great and all.

The only thing I don't like about multiplayer is when you jump into matches that are 30 seconds close to ending and all you can do is either get shot or research a dead person near you. It really sucks the fun out of online play.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that the graphics aren't as good as expected. Call me crazy, but from what I recall BS1 had me more impressed in the graphics department.

As far as the online the biggest gripe I have is the lag and that it takes ages to find people the first time around.

Ill say this about the graphics: Yes theyre not as impressive as the 1st, but theyre still damn good.

But Bioshock was never about graphics to me. Bioshock was just a unique game, with a great story that was told in a totally different way(at the time) and most importantly, it was about the atmosphere. The settings, the music, everything was just amazing. And BS2 seems to have retained that feeling.

I havent really dug into it as much as Id like to, but Im digging it so far