Is the online reliable?

Dark_Phantom_89

There are no servers, just matchmaking (private hosts)

There are some problems I faced with the framerate. Otherwise, it's like MW2.

WOOT?

As much as I love MW2 is this a good thing or bad XD.....:think:

Because one thing I like about MW2 is its online I am fine with peer to peer host if the host net is not bad I find myself hosting games all day with every one having green bars but I can join in to a game and some guy and his friends are siting green when the other 9 of us have red bars and wall in to walls and what not...Just hope its fun really if a am enjoying my self I will not even think of it XD

Edited by Pvt Rain

An added question about the online id like to know other than reliablilty is regsarding online trophies (not a fan of online trophies, but love Bioshock so its a day 1 purchase) is does anyone have a real good idea how long the online trophies will take especaily the experience related ones. Thanks

An added question about the online id like to know other than reliablilty is regsarding online trophies (not a fan of online trophies, but love Bioshock so its a day 1 purchase) is does anyone have a real good idea how long the online trophies will take especaily the experience related ones. Thanks

As mentioned in other thread, something around 15h, more or less, it all depends of your Bioshock skills.

3 games so far and 1 host quit while he was getting beat made me go to main menu.

Surprised at someone quitting because they were losing. After all, you still earn ADAM, which counts towards ranking up, whether you win, lose or draw. Even if trophies don't interest you, it's worthwhile ranking up for all the new tonics, weapons and plasmids you can unlock.

The problem here are the hosts, we should be able to check the ping of the hosts... that way it would avoid connecting to far hosts... sometimes I join a game and then I quit right after cuz there's lag everywhere, it's rare, but sometimes it happens.

I've had about 85% non lag games and 15% lag. Not bad at all though. I just hit level 10 and have 2hrs 39min clocked in. At that rate it would take around 10 hours to hit level 40 but I'm sure as you level up it takes more xp. So 15-20 hours seems about right. Haven't became bored yet though. It's cool because every single time I've leveled up so far I've gained new items/challenges to keep me interested. Doesn't feel like a grind as of yet.

The problem so far has been a lack of people in the playlists, followed by connections dropping (host). I think everyone is trying to beat the game before they get to the MP, considering that I'd say the vast majority of BioShock fans are playing for the story and not the MP.

The BIG problem is hosts quitting. If someone is getting dominated they just quit. It's especially bad in Team ADAM where it's like 50/50 hit or miss with hosts in this game...it's pretty pissing off...

The MP was fun for the first fourty minutes but now it's getting cheesy and repetitive. Everyone is rocking the same strategies, and depending on the playlist even the same damn weapons.

GRENADES, GRENADES, EVERYWHERE! That's what just about everyone is running around with during team games, combined with Incinerate.

I've played 4 games, all with terrible lag. I'm guessing this is probably due to me being in Australia and most hosts probably being somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere.. Hopefully they patch it so it automatically puts you with other people within your locality.

No problems for me so far. Well, ok, there was one match where it was laggy for about 10 seconds but that's all I've experienced in terms of lag so far.

Edited by Jaster

The problem so far has been a lack of people in the playlists, followed by connections dropping (host). I think everyone is trying to beat the game before they get to the MP, considering that I'd say the vast majority of BioShock fans are playing for the story and not the MP.

The BIG problem is hosts quitting. If someone is getting dominated they just quit. It's especially bad in Team ADAM where it's like 50/50 hit or miss with hosts in this game...it's pretty pissing off...

The MP was fun for the first fourty minutes but now it's getting cheesy and repetitive. Everyone is rocking the same strategies, and depending on the playlist even the same damn weapons.

GRENADES, GRENADES, EVERYWHERE! That's what just about everyone is running around with during team games, combined with Incinerate.

Words right out of my mouth XD

I actually really enjoy the online at the mo, just a bit of fun really, kinda frantic and just fun really. I don't find myself cursing people as much as usual and the plasmid/weapon combos are quite good with the natural aids (water/oil/turrets)

Server wise, only problem I have had is the odd host lagging for a sec or 2 at a time, and 1 or 2 host disconnects. Nothing too bothering really

I enjoy the online, but the one thing that pisses me off are the host disconnects. I hate when you are 20+ minutes into a "capture the little sister" match with a bunch of adam gained, with about 1 minute to go, and BOOM, host left, back to the menu.

No adam, no xp, not anything. Bullshit:mad:

I enjoy the online, but the one thing that pisses me off are the host disconnects. I hate when you are 20+ minutes into a "capture the little sister" match with a bunch of adam gained, with about 1 minute to go, and BOOM, host left, back to the menu.

No adam, no xp, not anything. Bullshit:mad:

I had that yesterday BUT, even though I didn't get the ADAM summary screen showing me what I'd earnt, I did level up straight after the disconnect so I think I kept the ADAM I'd built up through the match.