Bioshock 2 has 5GB HHD Installation

Khriz360

is this a fact?

Bioshock 2 is set to release on February 9th in North America on the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. If you're planning to purchase the PS3 version of the game, you'll be required to install a mandatory 5GB of game data to play the title. This doesn't differ at all from the first Bioshock, which also required a 5011MB installation for the PS3. The Xbox 360 version will have the optional HDD installation feature, but how much of a difference it will make on the game performance won't be known until it's properly tested.

Not surprised.

upgrde you hard drives if you havnt got enough space my 40gb ha got a 320gb drive in and it doesnt effect warranty changing the drive you can get a 320 gig drive for £40 from amazon

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Scorpio-320GB-Internal/dp/B0011U65F2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265271927&sr=8-3]Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB SATA 8MB Cache 2.5: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

and it takes less than ten minutes to change all u need is a screwdriver

Heres a guide

How To Change A Playstation 3 Hard Drive VideoGame2Play

lukey52 if you do a full system backup (in the system settings somewhere) then change the drive and do a system restore everything will be as normal my resi evil 5 save still worked. The system backup will keep all ur saves, music, videos, themes, game installs, everything and they will still work because it is the same ps3 just make sure you sync your trophies first.

edit: I bought a caddy for about £6 aswell to put the old 40gb drive in so I could use it as an external hard drive

Edited by GeneralDamian

not surprised. the blu-ray drive really backfired for ps3.

DON'T TALK CRAP.

the blu ray is a selling point games do use it not that many but they do and more and more will from here on in.

i for one will be playing ffxiii on a single disc will xbox owners no they have to swap several time from what i heard.

BLU RAY IS A WINNER THE STORAGE SPACE MAKES THE THE FUTURE LOOK ROSIE THE XBOX IS ALREADY PUSHED TO THE LIMIT THE PS3 HAS ONLY JUST SCRATCHED THE SURFACE.

upgrde you hard drives if you havnt got enough space my 40gb ha got a 320gb drive in and it doesnt effect warranty changing the drive you can get a 320 gig drive for £40 from amazon

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB SATA 8MB Cache 2.5: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

and it takes less than ten minutes to change all u need is a screwdriver

Heres a guide

How To Change A Playstation 3 Hard Drive VideoGame2Play

lol i did just that, but with a 2 tera bite SATA HD I found on zipzoomfly.com gotta love their no tax and no shipping plus rebates which brought the price down to a lovely $190, i can have lots of data on this baby! about 2112GB!!!!

heres link if u want it:

WESTERN DIGITAL WD20EARS Caviar Green 2.0TB SATA 3.0 Hard Drive Bulk at ZipZoomfly

lol i did just that, but with a 2 tera bite SATA HD I found on zipzoomfly.com gotta love their no tax and no shipping plus rebates which brought the price down to a lovely $190, i can have lots of data on this baby! about 2112GB!!!!

heres link if u want it:

WESTERN DIGITAL WD20EARS Caviar Green 2.0TB SATA 3.0 Hard Drive Bulk at ZipZoomfly

can you confirm if a full system backup and restore transfers all your save files. It did when I changed my hard drive even with copy protected games (resident evil 5) but dulaney22 seems to think otherwise and I would hate to be the cause of someone losing there save files.

i did a backup with a external old ps3 60gb converted and it copied everything and put everything back to the new hdd the same way you had it before you swapped but be warned takes at least an hour if you have a good amount of stuff i had 45gig worth and took 45-60 mins.

but even copy protected saves came over.