Bioshock 2 DLC

seenbeen

As long as it's extra and not some unlock code. But I do hope it's challenge rooms. More maps are ok (don't play multi much), but I think plasmids and weapons should be free (or as long as it's just for show and not something that should've been in the game).

no man we want multiplayer maps and more plasmids and weapons

Who's "we"?

And why are you excited for this? It's a slap in the face to fans when they announce this type of things. The game is not even out yet and they're already thinking how to take your $$ away fast and easy.

They it means they care for the game. The game is Gold so wouldn't you want to know they are working on it then sitting around. What is really a slap in the face when a game oesn;t work properly either multiplayer or single player. I woul rather habe a great game that keeps draining money especially since its optional rather than a crappy selling unblock codes (RE5).

Who's "we"?

And why are you excited for this? It's a slap in the face to fans when they announce this type of things. The game is not even out yet and they're already thinking how to take your $$ away fast and easy.

Why is it always them thinking how to take money and not about how to please their customer? The game isnt released meaning they dont even know that it will make money (even though it is assumed it will sell well) and they are already guaranteeing additional content. This means that for the people that purchase the game and enjoy it there will be more to experience after you beat the core game. Maybe the additional content wont be 100% done in time for launch or is something they think would be more appreciated if released a set time after release.

That being said, it is a business and yes they do want to make money. Thats like saying that a car company that claims they will sell additional parts for their car after launch is swindling you. I would argue that they are offering the consumer the ability to customize their product how they see fit. They could increase the price of the game to $70 with the additional content built in and label it as a special addition but that really ends up just being the same thing. They figure the average consumer wants just the core game for $60 but the real fan would love to spend some extra money for more content

Why is it always them thinking how to take money and not about how to please their customer?

You answered your own question further below, it's a business. They put 'money' over 'customer'.

The game isnt released meaning they dont even know that it will make money (even though it is assumed it will sell well) and they are already guaranteeing additional content. This means that for the people that purchase the game and enjoy it there will be more to experience after you beat the core game. Maybe the additional content wont be 100% done in time for launch or is something they think would be more appreciated if released a set time after release.

Companies have business models they follow. I can guarantee you that they already had plans of having DLC long before we all knew, and long before the game went Gold.

Bear in mind that I don't have anything against DLC. Heck, I even bought some for LBP, Bioshock 1 and Burnout (although I'm against the abuse of DLC like in Burnout where the entire DLC is worth more than the retail price of the game combined!) but what annoys me is the fact that, like I said, they could have added this 'additional content' they're selling us as DLC in the disk since they already knew about it. Storage these days is not a problem, so that's not an excuse. In other words, the timing (super early announcement) is not right imo; they should have waited to announce something like this.

And I really hope this DLC doesn't include extra plasmids or tonics like people in this forum want. The last thing I need is having all these people own me in multiplayer day one just because I didn't feel like paying $5 for the extra content (that's why I'm hoping it'll be something like the challenge rooms in the first Bioshock, but that's very unlikely considering the addition of online MP for this sequel).

Edited by olimpia84

Who's "we"?

That was my first thought! No idea why someone would be dancing a jig over the thought of havign to spend more money. :dance: :think: