how many hours for singleplayer ?

jmz83

Started a normal game but read about some missable trophies, its not that I dont want to play this more then 1 time but I prefer to have some structure in mind with the trophy collecting. Thinking of playing on hardest difficulty in first run .. then play a run on easy to take the missable trophies.

So to the question, how many hours (approx) does a normal / apocalyptic run take?

It should take you about 20 hours to plat this game on Apocalyptic. The majority of that time will be grinding your weapons for experience/moves, artifacts, and the shards.

None of the trophies are made easy enough by the difficulty setting to justify playing on anything other than Apocalyptic.

If you use a solid guide and plan everything out you could probably get done within 16 hours of real play time, and another ~1 1/2 for Dark Rider that you shouldn't even calculate into the scenario.

I took a disgusting amount of time to look for the last 3 shards (like upwards of 4 1/2 hours), and the game took me 21 hours to beat plat.

It should take you about 20 hours to plat this game on Apocalyptic. The majority of that time will be grinding your weapons for experience/moves, artifacts, and the shards.

None of the trophies are made easy enough by the difficulty setting to justify playing on anything other than Apocalyptic.

If you use a solid guide and plan everything out you could probably get done within 16 hours of real play time, and another ~1 1/2 for Dark Rider that you shouldn't even calculate into the scenario.

I took a disgusting amount of time to look for the last 3 shards (like upwards of 4 1/2 hours), and the game took me 21 hours to beat plat.

this game does not justify 21 hours for a plat its not that good. Thanks for all the info and work you put into this forum today man you made my decision to sell this game an easy one

this game does not justify 21 hours for a plat its not that good. Thanks for all the info and work you put into this forum today man you made my decision to sell this game an easy one

Ha to each his own man. I would've done it in about 15 if I would've just caved in and looked for help on the shards much earlier.

I personally think it's one of the best all-around games I've played in a long time. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would agree with me in that regard.

I personally think it's one of the best all-around games I've played in a long time. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would agree with me in that regard.

I agree, it has been a while since I have played a game like this, and I am really enjoying this. It reminds me of a mature Ocarina of Time mixed in with more combat.

Here Here. i'm quite enjoying Darksiders for the same reason. It's like a mature Zelda. It's only hampered right now by the fact my L2 and R2 buttons have decided to break. I've gotta say, that's my only complaint about this generation's dualshock. It seems to be way less durable than previous generations.

But yeah, while Darksiders isn't going to be game of the year or anything, at least it's not a carbon clone action game/FPS that seems to be so prevalent these days. There is a feeling of quality, the pacing is old school and fun, and the art style is magnificent. It's certainly a good start to 2010's gaming roster in my eyes :p

And 20 hours isn't too long even for a bad game :p Most crap game plats take around 8-12 anyway, so it's not that much longer even if you don't like it. :p

i just plat'ed this on in 24:44 mins of playtime. that's still with a lot of randomly fighting, exploring and letting War circle with Ruin way longer than i needed to. Thank god for rubber bands. ;)

if you look at the trophy list first, keep the missable ones in mind and you can easily do it in less. but it's a really fun game though with a entertaining story. i only would rush through it if rented. I just plat'ed it that fast cause i was hooked and it's snowing like crazy outside. ;)