Disappointment

CountToSixAndDie

Who else like me is disappointed at the trophy list for Bioshock 2, it's basically just the first game again with a few online trophies added. I was hoping for some cool plasmid combination challenges or something, the first game had "toaster in the tub" at least. Now we gotta do research and diary collecting again kinda a bummer, I guess i'll still go for it eventually though got the first platinum may aswell have the second.

The only thing I'm dissapointed about is that the game isn't in my hands right now.

Trophies will keep you coming back to the game even if you finished it, but they don't dictate whether the game is good or not. Sure the trophis could have had alittle more imagination, as long as the game gives a killer expierience, then let the trophies pop where they may.

I must admit thought, alot of the time trophys can be a selling point...

E.G.: Trophy Name: Dead man walking

Description: 'Kill the final boss with using all 13 plasmids and all weapons finishing him off with a crippling blow concouring rapture once an for all...'

Little things like that letting 2K down at this moment in time... as everybody wants to see the trophy list for one of the most anticipated games of 2010, right?

Customer Interests = Sales = Money

Customer Dissapointment = Waste of time

So... in this case I will say... ye 2K have let themselves down a little bit... they could of really put alot of effort into some really pulse pounding trophys

:facepalm:

Okay, this is just getting ridiculous. Are we seriously letting these little trophies dictate our life so much now that we might put off a potentially amazing game for them? I am disappointed, in fact this is just pathetic. Calling developers "lazy" because they spent more time on the actual game(story, gameplay, graphics, audio, etc.) then developing a list of useless, digital rewards is just sad. I don't know about some of you, but I would rather have an awesome game that will keep me coming back because of how good it is! Not because I'm thinking I have to get a trophy on it.....

And don't pull the ol' "This is a trophy site!" line on me. Yes, I figured that out long ago. However, that doesn't mean they decide what games I buy, especially for a possible GOTY candidate. Many people(including myself) will always choose playablility over trophies.

Now, this doesn't mean I have anything against trophy whores. Anybody should be able to choose their games however they want. I just hate when people act so surprised that developers spent more time working towards a great game than an acceptable trophy list..... Give 2K the benefit of the doubt!

Edited by Pirate

I am a trophy whore, but Bioshock 1 was and probably still is my favourite game on the PS3. I do not have the platinum on it as i don't want to grind it out and lose my love for it seeing as i have already completed it 5 times.

Same goes with Bioshock 2. I don't care about the trophies on it as i don't think trophies can break a game this good. Bioshock fans won't care on trophies, people who have never played this before or didn't really like the game will be 'disappointed' or will comment with 'i hate online trophies'.

If you like Bioshock but are annoyed by the trophy list, you're not thinking about the game.

I gotta say I am a trophy whore I really love the ideas of trophies in a game I think there brillient but I think people are being alittle harsh basing there opinions on a game before its even released I remember people saying exactly the same thing about Uncharted 2 and we all know how that turned out.

I would hate to this kinda thing happen to games like Heavy rain or The last gurdian

I gotta say I am a trophy whore I really love the ideas of trophies in a game I think there brillient but I think people are being alittle harsh basing there opinions on a game before its even released I remember people saying exactly the same thing about Uncharted 2 and we all know how that turned out.

I would hate to this kinda thing happen to games like Heavy rain or The last gurdian

good point:applause:

Wow some of you are stupid and really need to learn to read, I didn't say I wasn't gonna buy the game because of boring trophies I just said I may not go for the platinum straight away cause of boring trophies and I clearly stated that. It's one of the games I look forward to the most in 2010 i'm not gonna let the boring trophies dictate whether I buy it or not I was jsut stating that i'm not to thrilled about going for a platinum with boring trophies.

Wow some of you are stupid and really need to learn to read, I didn't say I wasn't gonna buy the game because of boring trophies I just said I may not go for the platinum straight away cause of boring trophies and I clearly stated that. It's one of the games I look forward to the most in 2010 i'm not gonna let the boring trophies dictate whether I buy it or not I was jsut stating that i'm not to thrilled about going for a platinum with boring trophies.

My post wasn't directly pointed at you. It was mostly towards the ever growing crowd of people bitching about the multiplayer and the trophies that came with it....

My post wasn't directly pointed at you. It was mostly towards the ever growing crowd of people bitching about the multiplayer and the trophies that came with it....

Well it isn't the fact I have to go online to get the trophies just that fact it's boring. Trophies that are like get to rank whatever or complete x amount of multiplayer games are just plain boring. Trophies are meant to be a challenge and something you can show off when your done collecting all of them in a game, being able to locate all audio diaries and upgrade all your weapons and being able to sign into the internet and shoot a couple of people aren't really a measure of skill and just get tedious and boring and that's when getting a trophy is just pointless. Lets face it trophies are fun and hard not to wanna get but add some challenge and fun to them.

Well it isn't the fact I have to go online to get the trophies just that fact it's boring. Trophies that are like get to rank whatever or complete x amount of multiplayer games are just plain boring. Trophies are meant to be a challenge and something you can show off when your done collecting all of them in a game, being able to locate all audio diaries and upgrade all your weapons and being able to sign into the internet and shoot a couple of people aren't really a measure of skill and just get tedious and boring and that's when getting a trophy is just pointless. Lets face it trophies are fun and hard not to wanna get but add some challenge and fun to them.

But how do you even know if it's boring?! May I borrow your time machine?

2k is a very well respected developer and knows their job well. Also, in case you haven't noticed, just because they're similar(the trophies) doesn't mean they're any less fun/challenging to get. Try giving them the benefit of the doubt....

Nobody was listening to you mate ;)

Sadly you do have to take everyones view into consideration here without going into extremes;

I for one would never think of going as far to accuse a game developer of being 'lazy' (no finger pointing, just an example) to be fair to them, their title gives away the type of responsibility they have. And the fact that given the success of Bioshock 1, I have no doubt that this will be a fantastic game and I personally am very much looking forward to it.

But, I do have a slight...niggle (if that is the right word) about similar trophies between sequels. Myself being someone who very much enjoys the challenge of aquiring trophies, I can see the slight Dissapointment in a sequel having similar rewards to the first.

To be honest it wont spoil the game, but I do see peoples points

Edited by Shinfo
Wall of text edit

Bioshock 1 was very hard to platinum, and this one looks even harder. Hope the 40th rank trophy isn't too hard. I hate it when online trophy come about! A single player games should NOT have this many online trophies. Uncharted 2 was perfect, just complete 2 online missions.

I see a lot are saying many different things in this thread. My interpretation of what was originally written is that he was disappointed with the trophies, not the game itself.

Regardless, the trophy list does suck. I hate online trophies. I will definitely play the game as I think it does look awesome.