Am I the only one who was disappointed?

LiLPlaya0o0

I been in the beta for quite some time and while the concept of the game is great..it's just not a good shooter imo. It feels a little fake at times and the graphics are nothing special (not that I expected high quality or anything) And it's going to be hard to keep the teamwork going on when everybody likes to do their own thing.

At first I was hyped for this game but thanks to the beta I now know that I do not want this game. Maybe the game will be better by the time it's released but I think I'll pass on this so called revolutionary shooter.

i remember being soo hyped for this game when it was announced. i signed up for Qore just so i could get in beta right away, but after a week of playing i was so disappointed with the game, the graphics, the community.... i canceled my amazon preorder and never played it again.

im sure all of this has improved over the last few months, but ive moved on. i hope for sony's sake it does well and alot of people enjoy it, but i think battlefield: BC2 will be superior in so many more ways.

• 2 weeks later...
i remember being soo hyped for this game when it was announced. i signed up for Qore just so i could get in beta right away, but after a week of playing i was so disappointed with the game, the graphics, the community.... i canceled my amazon preorder and never played it again.

im sure all of this has improved over the last few months, but ive moved on. i hope for sony's sake it does well and alot of people enjoy it, but i think battlefield: BC2 will be superior in so many more ways.

I have to agree that Battlefield will be more superior.Don't get me wrong MAG is still a great game.The only thing I feel MAG is better is the more players makes it more intense.IMO anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really struggling with this. I was incredibly hyped about this (one of the reasons I bought a ps3) but I just feel let down and that there are better things to buy. I don't think that the community is gonna be big for too long after the release of this game and that is the fear of a title with multiplayer only.

I think it's a pass for me.

I you are a fan on online shooters then this is the game for you no to ways about it. to say that MAG is revolutionary as far as i can see from the beta the only revolutionary thing about it is the 256 players to one game, you also have the whole faction thing that can turn into a great thing if done correctly. i have been playing online shooters since the first Socom for the PS2 and in my opinion MAG is pretty much the same as most of these other games now a days, give or take a few good/bad things. the fact that people complain that it is not a team based game i look at those people and say you must not have many friends or clan members who you play with if you did then it is a team based game. any online shooter can be played solo but all give us the opportunity to play as a team, you just need to find the right people to play with. i say if you are not a online shooter fan then maybe you should not get it, if you are then i recommend you wait and see i have a feeling this game will be a long lasting online shooter that is fresh to all of us in many ways. see you on the battlefield.

I been in the beta for quite some time and while the concept of the game is great..it's just not a good shooter imo. It feels a little fake at times and the graphics are nothing special (not that I expected high quality or anything) And it's going to be hard to keep the teamwork going on when everybody likes to do their own thing.

At first I was hyped for this game but thanks to the beta I now know that I do not want this game. Maybe the game will be better by the time it's released but I think I'll pass on this so called revolutionary shooter.

You are not the only one, I found the gameplay weak. It seems like they rely on graphics in order to sell it. I found the BFBC2 beta alot better than this game.

Personally, I was disappointed with the gameplay. It never seems like there is 256 players in the match.. And, i'm just guessing here, but with MW2 still being popular (for reasons unknown) Heavy Rain coming out a month later, then GoW 3 FFXIII GT5 Bioshock 2 so on, the gaming community will never reach 100,000 plus or maybe even 50,000 plus. Sad for an online only game but I can see this game not having a "lasting feeling"

First things first i want this game 2 exceed just down to the basic fact of showing the middle finger to X-box! 2nd i love the fact of there being another online shooter rather than call of ruddy duty, dont get me wrong COD is ace but i h8 it when its the be all and end all, how ever i think this will crumble like yet another magnificant game KZ2, this game was a complete 10 out of 10 and in my opinion blew Gears of war and halo away ( come and get me you X-BOX boffs) btw i ment story: online was 8 out of 10 lol. but was let down by people feeling it being a challenge online (compered 2 wheres you tent sqaudrant leader call of duty (!CAMPERS!) With MAG i played the Beta and i wasn't WOWWWEDDD in any way on my first impression. But the game had been hyped up that much i sorted of forced my way into loving it, when u play for a few hours on the BETA u do actullay begin to enjoy the game and you can see the teamwork form inbetween the platoons. Hopefully the graphics could improve slightly and the load times apart from that it looks good to go. HOWEVERRRRRRR.... i feel that this is PS3 answer to the gaming world of the next genere 1st person shooter but i do feel it isn't that amazing to go down in history, i just have that feeling that xbox will laugh and use this idea to create an even bigger better version. In other words i feel let down by the attempt to win the market battle and think it will sadly crumble to whatever xbox has in the pipeline never the less i apreciate the fact sony have took a step forward into the unknown and created such a game, i wish it all the best and will buy it and support our network , we band of brothers... c u on the battle field!

from the first video i saw i knew this is gonna be a flop.

and teamwork? forget it, if you don't plays with some buddies that you knew since ages, nobody gonna listen to what a squad leader tells them. If you manage to become a general and are supposed to give orders...lol forget it. This looks cool and works fine in presentation or devs videos but in reality? everone wants to do their own thing, we had enough multiplayer FPS to know by now that it just doesnt work like that....

i didn't like the beta. it changed my decision on buying this game. I used to love socom 1 and 2. But they started to change the gameplay in socom 3, now i don't like the gameplay of any of these games anymore. I still hope MAG does well but it's just not for me!

I didn't like it either. I think it has way to steep of a learning curve associated to it. I know that there will be better training for new people, but the demo didn't have it so it left a bad taste in my mouth and did not enjoy it at all. I was not comfortable spending money on this title and have since moved my preorder to Heavy Rain.

This was going to be a definite purchase for me in 2010 - until I played the Beta!

I really like the sound of working up the ranks to the point where you could order people around and the thought of 128 player teams all working together to storm objectives and defend outposts sounded amazing.

However, it just felt all wrong and was actually boring. There wasn't a true sense of teamwork and it was just a bit headless.

I also then heard that if you didn't play for a while you would lose points or rank down!

That was the final nail in the coffin and it was removed from my pre-order list. I'm now pinning my hopes on BRINK.

I thought the beta was awesome. I only played it a few times but it was definitely intense. What I noticed is that CoD fans (including myself) thought that they would just be able to pick this up and be getting crazy amounts of kills and no teamwork just like on CoD. Once playing it though (and getting their asses kicked left and right), they noticed it wasn't the case so instead of giving it a real chance they just say it's trash. Others, like myself, kept playing to get the hang of it and ended up liking it. It takes real teamwork and you won't do good on your own. I think they should definitely have bundled it up with some headset, even a cheap one, but a headset nonetheless.

I don't get the whole complaining about not being able to pick it up and play it though. I thought it was pretty straight forward, you get objectives and you defend/capture them. Pretty much tells you everything you have to do o_O

Also the complaining about graphics. Now those are totally ignorant people. I don't see why people would expect to have MW2 graphics with 256 players on the battlefield. It's funny, MAG can handle 256 players with pretty good graphics and very little to no lag (I never once lagged) and MW2 can't even handle 18 players. Yeah, I rather get no lag than amazing graphics with tons of lag. The graphics on MAG were far from bad. I heard people saying they were ps1 graphics. I think those people need to go play some ps1 games and re-think their statement.

Overall, I think the beta was amazing and the game itself will be better, specially with those trophies. Unfortunately, I won't be getting it yet because I'm poor >.> lol

Fair play, I can imagine that this would be a lot better if you had a decent clan to play it with. Its not very lone player friendly.

Agree that it should come with a headset - otherwise you have no chance of setting up perimeters and sorting flanking manoeuvres!

I was also quite surprised when I accidentally knifed a team mate in the back and killed him! Sorry if you are reading this - lol