Floating In battle, Good or Bad ?

Gravity_Disaster

at what point has FF been realistic, its all about unreal... summoning things to help u thats real right? so i welcome this with open arms and hope the game rocks! otherwise ill be dissappointed as i have been with some of the 'newer' ps2 ones like FFX and X-2

Anyone who counts FFX as a dissapointment has no real opinion to me anyways lol FFX was the best so when i read that i totally discredited your whole post

But i agree im not a huge fan of the floating. If they can just float like that why dont they just float all the way over the enemies to the end of the game? I also dont like the summons turn into vehicles for the same reason. If the have a freakin motorcycle/horse/hotrod why not just ride it to the end of the game and get there in like 10 minutes.

Anyways i agree. No floating, no Summon Vehicles.

But i agree im not a huge fan of the floating. If they can just float like that why dont they just float all the way over the enemies to the end of the game? I also dont like the summons turn into vehicles for the same reason. If the have a freakin motorcycle/horse/hotrod why not just ride it to the end of the game and get there in like 10 minutes.

Anyways i agree. No floating, no Summon Vehicles.

Have to second this man. The summon vehicles are a big turn off for me too. Not enough to subtract me from getting the game though.

The 'floating' may be unrealistic, but come on... any fan of the series knows this is high fantasy we're talking about. It's rarely realistic or logical by any means, it's set in its own unique world, with religions and powers that are completely unbelievable. You just have to take their word for it when it's explained to you in the storyline and roll with that, just enjoy it for what it is.

Basically, don't try and get your head round it, it's high fantasy, suspend your disbelief!

Yes, but this hatred started with Final fantasy 7 Advent Children, They couldn't do it in the game but they did it on the movie, if they can jump that high and float then why have a motor bike.

And thats the problem too Timbo xD Why don't they jut fly to the end . Don't even get me started on the summons, none the less, I'm still buying the game, if theres one thing I love about FF its the awesome stories, and this one is starting to get sort of intriguing.

Yes, but this hatred started with Final fantasy 7 Advent Children, They couldn't do it in the game but they did it on the movie, if they can jump that high and float then why have a motor bike.

And thats the problem too Timbo xD Why don't they jut fly to the end . Don't even get me started on the summons, none the less, I'm still buying the game, if theres one thing I love about FF its the awesome stories, and this one is starting to get sort of intriguing.

I gotta agree with you here too. I didnt like the flying in Advent Children either. I mean come on look how high Cloud went to attack Bahamut SIN. And the party members just kept throwing him higher? really annoyed me as well how after he kill Bahamut SIN he just fell back down and was unhurt. I mean come one he was like 3 minles in the air and he can just fall that distance? even for a Final Fantasy that bugged me.

Needless to say, i have played and loved every FF so I will still without a doubt love this one and i will be purchasing it day one.

Just like Gravity said the stories have always been what kept drawing me in and this one does look interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I played the demo, I thought the "floating" was kind of cool. I mean, who doesn't do it in games anymore? Ive seen floating air attacks from Devil May Cry, God of War, Bayonetta, I've just become desencitised to thwhole thing.

I like the way the battles in XIII are over the top and "cool" looking. I like to see the characters move around alot, and if this the only way without going back to XII's battle system and free movement, so be it.

Now, the vehicle summons.....Not too sure about that one. I'll have to agree with you guys on that one.