I brought up this topic because i saw the box art on

http://scc-tds.net/gamers-talk/343894-assassins-creed-2-pc-ps3-x360-box-art-revealed.html

If you look at the upper right corner, it'll say "XB*X LIVE". I also seen the box with playstation network somewhere in E-Bay.

So as far as i know, all games that have online mode would state something like that at their front box, please comment what you think about the possibility of online in AC2:D.

Oh btw, i also did some research and heres what i got.

Quote From TheSixthAxis

" Assassin’s Creed 2 Producer Sebastien Puel suggested the next installment will contain some sort of online mode. Google’s translation isn’t the best but with a little common sense I found I was able to piece together some information. The mode will be called “La Villa” and will allow players to decorate a room with items collected during the main story and invite friends round to hang out.

Now I think this sounds more like a new Home apartment, there appears to be a set of items unlocked by playing through the Assassin’s Creed 2 story mode – but a full online mode for the game could be great if it was expanded a little more than just a house. However, I could be completely wrong due to the article mentioning Xbox and PC as well. If any of our Spanish readers could help us out it would be appreciated."

Edited by sudokubank
How do you insert picture in a post anyway. :/

Comeon, dont have such negative thoughts. There are many possibilities that can happend if we all pray together :D

1. Maybe Ubi is considering of making online mode possible through DLC, though it only means that people have to PAY to get online mode and there wont be much people online.

Or

2. Maybe theres a basic online mode and they will make the DLC like RE5 DLC such as the Versus Mode. Really, i wouldn't mind buying them from the store.

I think it would be such a waste of money buying game that does does'nt have online. Think about it, Game without online - Cobweb after 2 month, Game with online - Increase lifespan.

Dont get me wrong, i WILL buy the game anyway even without online but i was just hoping that we consumers would get more value of what we brought. :p

I have been playing video games for just about 16 years, and I respectfully disagree with your statement.

You dont think that online will increase the lifespan o.o? Well yeah, sometimes single-player game can be fun for playing it through again or complete it 100% but after you done that, it would be just repeating the same thing all over again, alone. Wouldnt that be boring?:confused: 60 bucks is alot of money :/

Edited by sudokubank

I don't disagree that multiplayer can add to the game life span. However, I think there is to much reliance on multi player in games these days. Developers usually throw on a crappy multiplayer to make the game's average gameplay and single player more worth while....but the multi sucks which usually means it still isn't worth while.

Or, they make a really good multi player game with a thrown together, crappy single player.

I would much rather go replay Mario 64 than ever touch Halo 3 again. Maybe I just have something against all the 1st person shooters out there...but that is a different issue.

I hope AC2 doesn;t have any multiplayer of any kind.

Oh, I get what you mean. Multiplayer Good = Single player bad and vice versa. Well lets just hope that ACII delivers the bast in single player :D

Not necessarily. I mean games like Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield: Bad Company managed to pull off both. Though the reason why is because they are first person shooters. If you were to make a death-match mode for Assassin's Creed 2, you would either have a bunch of people running around trying to stealth knife each other or a group of players fighting as weak guards with 1 on 1 combat that would surely lead to a 3rd person coming out of nowhere and killing you both.

Though I guess a multiplayer mode could work if it were to involve two players in a small portion of one the cities hunting each other down with the one goal of elimination. But I'm sure people would get tired of it eventually.

I hate how most games, the developers think they have to make multiplayer. It annoys me, I play MOST games for the story/plot, not to play online. If I want to play online, I'll play a FPS on my computer like Counter-Strike! Why play a game about story for online play, drives me crazy!

Though I guess a multiplayer mode could work if it were to involve two players in a small portion of one the cities hunting each other down with the one goal of elimination. But I'm sure people would get tired of it eventually.

Yeah, I've been thinking a multi-player mode putting 2 assassins in free-roam state and the assassin that kills most guards unnoticed, wins. THAT would be cool rite :D

To answer the original question, it probably says PSN on the box because it accesses the Store so you can redeem your Gamestop and Collector's Edition codes for bonus levels are the best weapon's right out the door, or however the retailers decide they want to break the game for you :D

Aw comeon, what about the "LA VILLA"???

Quote From TheSixthAxis

" Assassin’s Creed 2 Producer Sebastien Puel suggested the next installment will contain some sort of online mode. Google’s translation isn’t the best but with a little common sense I found I was able to piece together some information. The mode will be called “La Villa” and will allow players to decorate a room with items collected during the main story and invite friends round to hang out.

Now I think this sounds more like a new Home apartment, there appears to be a set of items unlocked by playing through the Assassin’s Creed 2 story mode – but a full online mode for the game could be great if it was expanded a little more than just a house. However, I could be completely wrong due to the article mentioning Xbox and PC as well. If any of our Spanish readers could help us out it would be appreciated."

I brought up this topic because i saw the box art on

Assassin's Creed 2 (PC PS3 X360) Box Art Revealed - SCC-TDS Community | Downloads, News, Reviews, Tutorials and More!

If you look at the upper right corner, it'll say "XB*X LIVE". I also seen the box with playstation network somewhere in E-Bay.

So as far as i know, all games that have online mode would state something like that at their front box, please comment what you think about the possibility of online in AC2:D.

Oh btw, i also did some research and heres what i got.

Quote From TheSixthAxis

Titles that include Xbox live compatability in my experience can simply mean the online functions may only include perhaps a leaderboard of somesort and the ability for Achievements.

• 4 weeks later...