Treasures Harder to Find than Drake's Fortune?

Is it just me or are they impossible to find? I only found 7 by chapter 6 now, and I feel like I'm looking everywhere.

Trying not to use a guide yet, would rather do it on my own but unlike the first one I'm having a hell of a time tracking them down. Is it just me? Are they all up in the sky or something?

I'd reckon there might be several treasures hidden in some high ledges or branches and stuff where you have to shoot the blinking treasure to get it down. I'm in Chapter 7 and have about 19 treasures and most of the chapters are missing 1-3 treasures. It's just that the levels are so heavily detailed that the treasures up high might get overlooked. I've pretty much been to every corner of every chapter but some of the levels are so multi-layered (rooftops, walls, ledges) that not all secret places are that obvious to find.

ye, i found 65 treasures without a guide while going thru the game the first time. but thenit felt like i looked everywhere. i think the treasures in 2 are way harder to find than in 1. mainly because that they are high up and the light from the sun makes them hard to spot, overall many treasures are hidden above ground which ofcourse makes it harder.

yeah, these treasures are in some crazy locations. one was stuck in a wall that you have to grab while youre swinging on a rope over this huge chasm. ive run across a few that i can see but im not quite sure how to get to......oh well, ill just wait and go for those on the next playthrough.

The one that got me to get the WTF look on my face was the treasure in Chapter 2 after you swing off of the rope, shimmy around the side of a building and then drop onto a small pipe 10 feet below you and the treasure is inside that pipe. Sheeze! I would have never found that without a guide! ;)

Basically, if you aren't using a guide to hunt for treasures -- look up constantly.

I'm making a point to play through without looking "everywhere" on normal and I certainly haven't seen many. When I go back through on Hard and Crushing I'll have to be more industrious, but I wanted to enjoy the story the first time out so no excessive treasure hunting.

u ppl are all getting soo many haha

i finished the game my first playthrough on hard and only ended up with 21 treasures haha...

gonna end up using an online guide or wait for my actually strategy guide to come in the mail.. damn amazon for not shipping it yet

Finished with over 30 treasures. I did bother trying to look for them but they are much more difficult to spot. I only realized later on that you could shoot the treasures off. When I realized that, I was like.. Man I must have missed all of them! lol

that's exactly what happened with me... noticed one glimmering on a ledge above me later in the game so I shot it down... at 1st I thought "100 treasures? these things should be scattered around everywhere..." ... but it really isn't like that at all.... just finished the game on Normal with 37 treasures, I'm thinking I'll definitely need a guide for Master Fortune Hunter...

In my opinion Drake's Fortune already had a little too well hidden treasures. The places weren't that obscure but even larger items were marked by only a small glimmer that was easy to miss. Combing through places wasn't that great fun so I used guides.

I prefer the Wolverine dog tags or PoP light seed approach where you cannot miss them once you've gotten to their hiding place.

Im going to avoid guides and everyting for this game after beating it on hard Im going to take my time go treasure hunting and Ill get my gun kills as I play this game is perfection and Im going to enjoi it

Awesome... definitely enjoy the potential GOTY... If I hadn't made a bet with my buddy to see who can plat it faster, then I'd take my sweet time but I will plat it and then play it all over again for fun without having worrying about my trophies or treasures for that matter.

Finished with over 30 treasures. I did bother trying to look for them but they are much more difficult to spot. I only realized later on that you could shoot the treasures off. When I realized that, I was like.. Man I must have missed all of them! lol

This is exactly what I thought as well ;) In one of the final chapters I noticed something blinking high on a ledge so I tried jumping and pressing triangle like 10 times, then just by randomness I shot it and it fell down. I only got 2 treasures by shooting though as I realized this realy late.

I finished with 59 treasures on my first playthrough on Hard without using a guide. So all my remaining treasures are probably in the air waiting to be shot down, lol :p

IMO they are much harder to find this time around, in my first playthrough on Uncharted 1 I got 54 treasures out of 60 and I used less time to look around that time around ;)

After my first playthrough, I found 20 treasures without a guide. Now I'm going back, and I see that most of them are now hiding in places that are high enough for me to not being able to see it. I didn't know that.

And this feels similar to Resident Evil 5, only some of the treasures are hidden on the ground also. Oh yeah, RE 5 has that also.

So it's hard for me to tell if it's harder than the prequel because I used a guide for the prequel when the trophies were added.