I give up

brianmilne

I have just had enough of these combat challenges i got the first two fine but i try and try and try all the rest and i am just crap and cant do it. Can get 2 medals on shock and awe and 1 on the rest....i have jsut had enough now.....and still the 40x multiplier wont unlock :mad::(:mad::(

the combat challenges aint that bad. its hard in the beggining but when you get the hang of it its get easier.

after i had gotten the hang of it the only prob i had was rumble in the jungle(i did eithe miss 1000 points or i died before finishing the last round)

and remember to try to get all moves in a combo if you manage that you will get 5000 ints for finishing the round.

and try to do ground takes down cause thats 100 x whatever your combo is)

Edited by Tensei

dont give up. make use of your circle + triangle take downs, and the X evade and you'll do it all.. i did every combat and predator challenge in a single day, it was not difficult at all after i realised that the circle + triangle take down was extremly effective and left you invincible while you were doing it.

if you become irritated you will for the lack of a better word suck! sit down with a clear mind, and in a good mood and it will just happen. the combat system it self is very slow and user friendly. just remember some simple rules to go by.

- when ever your combo counter turns yellow/gold use the O + ^ take down or the X + [] throw.

- prioritize the knife wielding enemies and baton carriers with said take down or throw.

-when you know you cant make it and theres to many of them on you EVADE X you can keep jumping over them without breaking your combo.

- make use of your batclaw when the round starts and theres a ton of them running towards you. making 3 fall down and taking on the ones behind them is easier because by the time they get back up you will be on your way back to combo-ing towards them.

-batarang! should have gone with the bat claw but what i do is (rumble in the jungle extreme is a good example) batclawthe first three, go to the guy on the left knock him down with a combo then batarang the 3 guys to his right. this way everyone is on the ground exept for the guy carrying the brick and one other beside him. you take them both out and can ground and pound them both before the knife guy comes at you, then simply evade.

you'll get it with some practice bud.

1) Beat the game first so you have all the gadgets.

2) Slow down. Pressing buttons rapidly during combat challenges = FAIL.

3) If you really suck, watch some of the YouTube videos for tips. There are some great, great tips that will help you.

Personally I found the combat challenges exactly that - CHALLENGING. I never got bored of them, no matter how many times I tried to get the 3 bat medals on Shock n' Awe (Extreme) and Rumble (Extreme). Hell I fell short a couple times by less that 100 points. How much does that suck? Eventually I made it past them all, but I still like to start up a challenge every now and again and bash some skulls. It's just plain fun.

Also don't forget Counter, that was one of my biggest mistakes when I was first playing. I always thought I could just jump away to something but the more I did the challenges the more it became obvious just how important that one little move is.

I also had a problem at first by trying to do the combo's too fast and not giving enough time between them. The combat system evolved from a rhythm style but I still feel that it is very much of a rhythm system. Once you get it in, it's a breeze.

I still play the challenges from time to time as they are just that much fun to me. I'm always trying to improve my rankings on the leaderboards. Would love to be able to crack the Top 10 on at least one but the closest I'm come is in the top 20 but that was over a week ago so i might be as high now.

Im with brianline, I cant do these!!! right now i am stuck on just trying to get 30000 on intensive care (extreme), and have been playing this one challenge for the last 6hours with a sleep break!!!.. I have tried everything that has been suggested, from trying to get the variation bonus, to jumping, to just getting a combo then a stomp kill, but every time I get to a good combo one of those bastards comes to ruin it! I think that ther far enough that they wont ruin it my run but they get me so there goes my great combo... errrrrr soooo not cool.. it also doesnt help that when I do knock a guy down off screen then go to jump him that it wont or jumps the guy right next to a standing thug and again there goes my combo. Also hate seeing the thugs run at me after I take a guy down and just stop... of course I try to block thinking he is going to hit me and bam there goes my combo. Im going to try a few more hours if I cant even get 30000 how in the hell am i giong to beat shock and awe (extreme) or rumble (extreme). At least I did finish the regulars but its so fustrating and I am soooo close just need this last trophy for my plat... and trust me I have tried everything suggested even looking on you tube, of course they make it look sooooo easy >:(

Edited by leer_74
head line didnt make sense

after 8hours of so odd playing one challenge "intensive care(extreme)" and usuing every techinque suggested I officially quit this game!!! :mad: I must have the extreme extreem version or something caue nothing worked!? Although I like the game in general I really have a hard time with the wacky controls it seems that i could do nothign right when i got the big 30+ combo always seem to screw it up or the game cheats. cause I know for a fact one of those hooded guys without a club hit me when I was going for a big combo from at least 3 paces away he literaly swung at air and knock me off my score. It sucks to cuase I got every single troph for the game anyhow For now this game is getting crushed underneith my car...:eek:

From what I've learned, you should learn to stun and counter as much as you time your takedowns, hits and ground takedowns. That's what really got me through the tough challenges. Timing your counters will keep your cuont going as well as a simple stun that can really stun a few guys. Try to master the counter and stun and you should keep your count high. That's how I figured out how to get the scores going.

Thanks, for advise but thats what I do im think im pretty good at countering just that they always get me when they dont attack.. they run towards me then stop in which I try to block but of course misses and just stops the combo.. or if I dont block will try go for the next punch and then that thug who wasnt going to attack does and when I go for the attack another thug for more combos hits me mid air, in fact happens alot, so iin which I will wait for the attack which i know is coming in which of course the combo expires..

Edited by leer_74

Thanks, for advise but thats what I do im think im pretty good at countering just that they always get me when they dont attack.. they run towards me then stop in which I try to block but of course misses and just stops the combo.. or if I dont block will try go for the next punch and then that thug who wasnt going to attack does and when I go for the attack another thug for more combos hits me mid air, in fact happens alot, so iin which I will wait for the attack which i know is coming in which of course the combo expires..

lol I fully understand you. I had that problem for awhile. My combo's never got high. Then somehow I was able to utilize all his moves that kept the combo going. For instance, I was able to move batman in the direction I wanted him to fight and if no one was around, I'd quickly grapple them to keep the combo going. The key is to always mind your surroundings. lol

I don't think blocking is very important, in fact I use it at the beginning just to get 5000 for a perfect combo "coz I don't want to counter and then some stupid moron don't attack" In case you think I'm just saying not to do something when many are telling you otherwise, you can check the leaderboard you can see me in the top 20 - 100 in most of the combat challenges.

I would recommend you to do the following this strategey is very good when the fighting place is big (e.g sewer, Rumble in the Jungle) it doesn't mean it is NOT is other combat challenges, its just easier in the bigger place:

1- build up ur combo to x5 (what I do is use batclaw to pull 3 enimies, counter if somebody comes running which mostly happens in most rounds, jump and then stun and then strike and jump until you reach x5) TAKE OUT goons with knifes FIRST by using instant take down.

2- After that build up ur combo by jumping and striking DO NOT counter UNLESS you think you have to until u reach x10

3- instead of doing the instant takedown now throw the goon (BUT when you throw the goon you have to make sure that when throw him he doesn't hit anybody and throw him very far away) and then quickly use the takedown

4- other goons will start running toward you (DO NOT PANIC coz when you reach here the easy part begins) DO NOT COUNTER the guy who is running toward you just throw a batarang (make sure you press L1 once and press it just before batman starts to get up after the takedown.)

5- when you throw a batarang ur combo will reach x13 (I think) so after throwing it just strike a goon and u will reach x15 so u can use ur throw.

6- again throw them far and make sure they don't hit anybody (if u throw them and they hit somebody DO NOT use takedown, just jump and strike until u can use ur throw and continue doing the same thing, or otherwise if use the takedown a goon will hit you)

7- Continue doing this until u have 4 or five enemies, so if you throw one and take him down throw a batarang all three goons will be on the ground so use the take down on them ...

I hope this HELPS :)

Edited by SpursNumber77

I used the exact same strategy as SpursNumber77. Works wonder. I too, was about to give up at some point. In fact, i did give up and started another game (Infamous) but after 3 days i decided to try again, i was really pissed off about leaving a platinum trophy so i tried and tried until i got the SpursNumber77 routine down. It all fell down right after that. When i got around to do Shock and awe extreme, it was mostly beating the 4th round in time that was a problem since getting 30,000 was relatively easy.

But mind you, I'm not saying i found the combat challenge easy. I must have put easily 15 hours, perhaps more into them to finish. Personally i think i found them more difficult than Killzone 2 elite but in a different way.

Edited by billwabo

I used the exact same strategy as SpursNumber77. Works wonder. I too, was about to give up at some point. In fact, i did give up and started another game (Infamous) but after 3 days i decided to try again, i was really pissed off about leaving a platinum trophy so i tried and tried until i got the SpursNumber77 routine down. It all fell down right after that. When i got around to do Shock and awe extreme, it was mostly beating the 4th round in time that was a problem since getting 30,000 was relatively easy.

But mind you, I'm not saying i found the combat challenge easy. I must have put easily 15 hours, perhaps more into them to finish. Personally i think i found them more difficult than Killzone 2 elite but in a different way.

Glad I could help :D

I have just had enough of these combat challenges i got the first two fine but i try and try and try all the rest and i am just crap and cant do it. Can get 2 medals on shock and awe and 1 on the rest....i have jsut had enough now.....and still the 40x multiplier wont unlock :mad::(:mad::(

Wow. That is exactly how I feel about it. Stuck in the same spot too.

These challenge rooms are difficult, except shock and awe extreme, which is insane!! To complete these challenges, as people have said before r2 and triangle is a great way to score points when you've got a good combo going. However, shock and awe extreme is a different strategy, because of the tight times, I found using the batarang to knock down enemies then r2 triangle them if it's safe and use the insta-takedown when possible, plus in shock and awe extreme I tried to make sure I took out the knife and the electric guys first with insta-takedown, hope this helps