Its A Miracle - How many rounds?

This trophy is a nightmare... complete luck. I was wondering how many rounds it took people to get lucky?

I am currently at 268 rounds with 159 of those grinding out on Maple Leaf Gold Club. Still no trophy and getting a touch bored with it.

I always assumed this would come before I bought everything in the store. No so sure anymore. I'm probably 10 rounds of Maple Leaf away from buying the last items and will need to be real lucky to get this before that point. Looking like a long boring grind ahead....

How many rounds did it take for other people to finally get lucky?

• 4 weeks later...
This trophy is a nightmare... complete luck. I was wondering how many rounds it took people to get lucky?

Hey paulcoe,

I think this will be my last trophy, unless I get lucky. I'm currently on 188 rounds and have only just got my 'Go for the Ace!' trophy (on a Par 3).

I agree that it's complete luck getting an Albatross, are you trying to get it on a Par 4? I'm thinking it would be a lot easier trying on a Par 5, because you can get to the green with more precision in two shots, compared with one shot on a Par 4, what do you think?

I too am only struggling with this. The first hole on Maple Leaf is a short Par 4 which I have come close to a few times where I have hit the pin but the ball is travelling a touch too fast.

One of the Par 5's on Kagurayama I have gotten close too. I'm at 223 rounds played and only have this and the loyalty/all items trophies left.

EDIT: Oh and the homing shot too, forgot about that!

I am doing the first 4 holes of 1-1. The loading time for a round is long so i wanted to maximise attempts. Hole 1 is a par 4 that can be reached in 1 shot, hole 2 is a par 3 (not much you can do with that), hole 3 is a par 5 and if you cut the corner you are about 180-190 yards away for the second shot. Hole 4 is also a par 4 that can be reached in 1 if you go round the right side of the windmill - between the windmill and the house.

If you end up shot or long on hole 1 you can also go for homing shot.

I earned all the shop items playing 1-1. Hole 9 is also a good chance for albatross.

hole 3 is a par 5 and if you cut the corner you are about 180-190 yards away for the second shot.

Of the 9 holes of Maple Leaf, hole 3 is definitely the closest I come to getting an Albatross. Currently using Pancho (as he is the last character I need to raise loyalty to max), Club = Pin Hole Lv3, Ball = Pin Hole Lv3.

Edited by guylian

Hey paulcoe,

Last night I managed to get an albatross on Maple Leaf, hole 1. I was playing hole 1 only then restarting. I finally got it after about 40 attempts.

I used Izzak (Max Loyalty), Club = Big Magnum Lv3, Ball = Turbo Spin Lv3 and performed a super back-spin.

I uploaded the video to my youtube account....

Hope this helps, wish you luck :)

Edited by guylian

I too managed this a few nights ago. I was playing with Pancho on the Par 5, 3rd hole on Maple Leaf. My first drive went over the bunkers and ended up about 180 yds away from the hole. My second shot was underhit slightly but with super top-spin it rolled onto the green and the game went into that overhead slow motion camera so I knew it was in.

Keep trying! I got it without really expecting to (I was just doing loyalty increases).

Now just a homing shot left! Just brought everything a few moments ago.

25 attempts!!!!!!! wow very lucky. ive lost track how many attempts ive made. Ive started to count in months :)

I play on the bus on the way to and from work (1 hour each way) and couple hours a day on a weekend. Over 6 weeks now since I got all the other trophies and only needed this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been trying on and off for 4 hours a day trying to get this god awful trophy. Ive tried a number of characters and club and ball sets but im no closer to getting it. Whats annoying is the lack of consistancy of getting even close to the hole. Plus what is the point of having wind in this game apart from the direction its going because it never tells you the winds actual speed its just a ? all the time. The constant changing of pin positions does not help either. I feel i will be struggling with this one for many weeks to come sadly.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/BEANO_BRFC.png

• 3 weeks later...

I was finally able to get this trophy around 2 days ago (last one apart from the Plat) and it was on the last hole of Harvest Hills (Par 5). actually just got lucky as my tee shot went into the rough and then my 2nd shot just rolled right into the pin. I was using Max (Big Air-Club Level 3/Ball Level 6).

Around 2-3 weeks ago, I also had a shot on Maple Leaf (1st hole, Par 4) where it went into the overhead "bird-eye's view" mode and I thought it was going in. If I remember correctly it had super top spin on it but it just hit the pin and the homing shot did not activate. I was still completing all store purchases and costumes when I almost made the shot so I just continued playing till I got lucky the other night.

• 4 months later...