Is this like burnout

darkwizard254

This is nothing like Burnout. The closest comparison would be SSX Tricky if you played that. Linear tracks with emphasis put on tricks more than racing. Online community, as opposed to Burnout, is non existent.

I disagree this game is alot of fun and i had no prob finding people to play online with....I think u should give this game at the very least a rent and decide for yourself....

I disagree this game is alot of fun and i had no prob finding people to play online with....I think u should give this game at the very least a rent and decide for yourself....

I like Pure, so my comment wasn't a negative, even if it sounded like such.

I have Platinum in both Pure (100+ hours played) and Burnout (350+ hours played) and I had problems looking online for rooms to play when it came to Pure. Burnout Paradise is one of the most popular online titles on PS3, probably in top 5. Hence, in comparison, Pure online community is dead. Not to say that you will not find a several partners to play Pure online with, just not as easily as with Burnout.

Edited by P1x44r

• 4 months later...
This is nothing like Burnout. The closest comparison would be SSX Tricky if you played that.

I have been a huge SSX fans since the first game came out on PS3. When I read up on this game and found out it had a similar feel to SSX I had to rent it to try it out.

I must say, I am very pleased with this game and it is bringing back a lot of good memories of my time with SSX. I do wish EA would hurry up and start working on SSX4! :(

Maybe I would have more luck hoping for Pure 2? :D

• 1 month later...

I prefer this game to Burnout Paradise. Sure, both are arcade style racers, but Pure just seems to require more skill. Note I've said "seems" to require.

The online isn't dead for Pure. I played it just a few days ago, and you can connect to events very quickly; and there's no online lag. There's also no dumb trophies like "8 online players meet at the Wildcats Stadium". Pure's online trophies can be gotten in less than half an hour with a boosting partner.

The game is fun, even without the trophies. I find Burnout Paradise quite boring now, and I was never a fan of sandbox style racers. Imagine playing wipEout HD without a racing track! :o

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would say it is exactly like Jet Moto but on 4 wheelers.

Platinums (26): Alone in the Dark, Burnout Paradise, Cars: Race O' Rama, Cloudy...Meatballs, Dante's Inferno, Disney Pixar's UP, Dragon Age, GOW 1 & 2, Hasbro FGN, Ice Age 3, Madagascar Kartz, Madden 10, MLB 2k9, MLB the Show 09, NBA Live 10, NCAA BAsketball 10, NCAA Football 10, NHL 10, Ratchet & Clank, Sega Mega Drive, Sonic's UGC, Star Wars: TFU, Trivial Pursuit, WWE Legends, and sadly Hannah Montana the Movie.

PSN 100% (7): Frogger, Matt Hazard, NBA 2k10 DC, Price is Right, TMNT, Uno, and Wheel of Fortune

-Always looking for new boost partners! (Smarter NOT Harder)

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of the arcade feel, this game a little similar to Burnout games. But, this game is very different in terms of controls and such. But the speed and adrenaline feel to the game is kinda similar:) But if you like Burnout games, then you'll probably like this one and the controls for the ATVs are easy to learn, but hard to master;) Good luck:D

Edited by Dreadnought190

• 2 months later...