Batman VS Armored Batman

mjc0961

I didn't notice until I got home with the game, but my copy came with a code to download "Armored Batman" for challenge rooms. But it doesn't say what differences occur between regular Batman and Armored Batman. Obviously I would assume that Armored Batman takes less damage, but there's probably more as well (maybe he's not as good at dodging?). So I was wondering if anyone knew the difference, and also if it effects trophies to play as Armored Batman instead of regular Batman.

I am not sure what advantages it may have? I used armored Batman cuz I thought he looked cool for the challenge rooms and he dodged as well as reg batman in the game so you're good there :) and using him doesn't affect trophies.

Have Fun :)

Oh, alright. Thanks.

Wait what? Download armored batman? But you unlock him in game, whats the point of downloading him?
Yeah, download Armored Batman. There was a code in the game box to go to PSN and download him. I didn't even know it was in there until I opened it, though. And I didn't know it was already in the game either, so oops. Guess I took a shortcut.

Although, I must say. All these bonuses and whatnot that come with games anymore that just give you stuff you could unlock by playing are getting old fast. Why not just let me download an unlock key so I can get all the trophies without playing while you're at it, guys? -_-

Oh, alright. Thanks.

Yeah, download Armored Batman. There was a code in the game box to go to PSN and download him. I didn't even know it was in there until I opened it, though. And I didn't know it was already in the game either, so oops. Guess I took a shortcut.

Although, I must say. All these bonuses and whatnot that come with games anymore that just give you stuff you could unlock by playing are getting old fast. Why not just let me download an unlock key so I can get all the trophies without playing while you're at it, guys? -_-

LOL good point thy should include some stuff that you could use during the game that you couldn't otherwise get. I didn't have the armored batman download I had the Scarecrow challenge map but I never even played it. A better download would have been the choice to use the Armored Batman suit during the single player game.

Im guessing the exclusive challenges rooms will be available on psn soon too? Still i think that was a bad pre-order, getting something already in the game. I saw a special edition with a batarang, was only 10€ more than regular version.
It wasn't a pre-order, I just walked into Wal Mart and asked for a copy of Batman for PS3. Got it, walked out. Wasn't until I got home that I even noticed the sticker on the plastic wrap for the bonus code inside.

I believe Armored Batman takes more damage than regular. I payed 59.99 Canadian for the game rather than 64.99 or 69.99 and for my cheapness earned something that is unlock able in the game, rather than "Dem Bones", "Crime Alley" or something we'll end up paying 9.99 for in a month on the PSN. "They" always make us pay, even if we're being cheap.

Oh, alright.

What's the point then?

There is no point, Wallmart just got the crappy exclusive because of their low price policies. I prefer Armored Batman just for appearances sake. This could mean we'll get a few more challenge mode skins.. I'd rather more villain challenge maps.... Imagine Killer Croc's brand of stealth.

There is no point, Wallmart just got the crappy exclusive because of their low price policies. I prefer Armored Batman just for appearances sake. This could mean we'll get a few more challenge mode skins.. I'd rather more villain challenge maps.... Imagine Killer Croc's brand of stealth.

That would be awesome. Are the scarecrow's map challenge like his stage?

Wanna know what really sucks?

I preordered from Gamestop to get the Scarecrow map, has a sticker on the box stating this bonus. Opened the game a week later, and my sticker has the armor code. Called Gamestop customer service, they told me its the manufacturers problem. Got the # of the stores district manager, he said the problem is widespread. Needed info off my receipt, and said they would email me the correct code. Problem is I threw out my receipt after I bought the game. Screwed!!!!

If you ever saw the dem bones commercial from Gamestop that's what the challenge map is. You just fight skeletons and basically it'll help you do combo's and dodging better. When you get hit, the challenge ends. So it's mostly how long can you last without getting hit.

Wanna know what really sucks?

I preordered from Gamestop to get the Scarecrow map, has a sticker on the box stating this bonus. Opened the game a week later, and my sticker has the armor code. Called Gamestop customer service, they told me its the manufacturers problem. Got the # of the stores district manager, he said the problem is widespread. Needed info off my receipt, and said they would email me the correct code. Problem is I threw out my receipt after I bought the game. Screwed!!!!

Always keep your receipt, specially when you buy from GameStop.

I bought my copy at EB Games here in Canada. We got the Dem Bones/Scarecrow challenge map.

Wal-Mart was including the armoured batsuit code, which you earn after beating the game. I played the challenges using the armour, and couldn't really notice a difference in gameplay. It did look cooler though.