Soul Sacrifice is my PS Vita killer app!!

Soul Sacrifice looks gorgeous, sounds great, plays smoothy, the netcode is excellent. Teamwork is rewarded, the story is interesting... There is a deep sense of character development, the customization options are very large, from appearence, to skills, to alignment at level ups.

I have been playing a Divine/Life only sorcerer and seeing him evolve is addicting - it adds to the experience that my friend is doing the opposite - sacrificing everything in sight! I want to play more to level up and see how his appearence changes, which costumes will unlock, I want to get more spells to fuse, etc, etc.

Anyone else share the same experience? How did you like Soul Sacrifice?

Edited by Guimace

It's really good. If you are unsure, download the demo; your progress can carry over from the demo to the full version.

As for the game length, I'm not sure. I'm about 15 hours in and I'm Level 50 total (30 Life /20 Magic - Divine Arm II), less than half the quests done though. There are a lot of quests (called 'pacts' in this game), specially the multiplayer ones. If I remember correctly there are trophies for completing all the pacts. Also, a trophy for reaching level 99 Life or Magic, which will require some deleveling / leveling.

The trophies don't look too hard. Some are at best grindy but not overly difficult. I imagine anyone who likes the game and takes their time to develop the sorcerer will get the Platinum eventually.

Edited by Guimace

I'm afraid I can't comment on difficulty yet, as I'm like halfway the game and just over level 50 (cap is 100). It could ramp up or it could stay the same, depends if we get some overpowered sigils and spells later on and how enemy stats are.

Anyway, although I predict it will be kinda time consuming, I don't think it will be too hard or over the top, some people already have the platinum.

Many quests can also be done in multiplayer if you get stuck, so others/higher levels can help you pass them or get some extra levels. The netcode for this game is superb, I have no issues questing online.

It's still $35 on the NA store, so for now it stays there until I can source a cheaper copy.

Yup, unfortunately I couldn't get a physical copy because Vita games are really REALLY rare where I live. And if they ever come, they'll be more expensive than the digital ones so I grabbed it on the PS Store since I was so hyped for it.

Make sure you get a new copy though as it has an Online Pass.

This and P4G are the best games on the vita imo.

I played the demo for over 15 hours and now I've played the full game for about 18 hours and I love it.

Just about finished with the main story and also done a bunch of avalon missions.

I like that there's quite a bit of story to it and a big lore section as well.

The few missions I've done in MP was super, really exciting stuff.

Soul Sacrifice looks gorgeous, sounds great, plays smoothy, the netcode is excellent. Teamwork is rewarded, the story is interesting... There is a deep sense of character development, the customization options are very large, from appearence, to skills, to alignment at level ups.

I have been playing a Divine/Life only sorcerer and seeing him evolve is addicting - it adds to the experience that my friend is doing the opposite - sacrificing everything in sight! I want to play more to level up and see how his appearence changes, which costumes will unlock, I want to get more spells to fuse, etc, etc.

Anyone else share the same experience? How did you like Soul Sacrifice?

Am getting my vita at the end of may so I will be on this looks great

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one is definitely worth a grab.

Love the feeling you get when you get to choose if a person after you beat them to sacrifice them or not. Some of them are really a pain to beat or comes after you for all-known reasons and you want to destroy them than save then you got to do so.

The storyline is awesome. If you do get it make sure don't flip the pages too fast as some as more than one line on them and animated things.

As for trophy I'm still playing and it comes quite easily but then I'm only about 50% through the game.

MP for this game is quite fun. Just make sure your friends don't sacrifice you :p

The only thing I can complain about is that they reuse the maps a lot and the types or enemy in the "side missions".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to love this game...put 50 hours into it but I don't remember the last time I played it.

Once you've got all the best spells its very repetitive and gets boring very easily. I would have loved this game with spells and weapons. Its so much better hunting for better weapons as you can put thousands of weapons in the game.

With SS there are different spells but they are pretty much the exact same just different elements and quite a few of them are pretty useless.

I used to love this game...put 50 hours into it but I don't remember the last time I played it.

Once you've got all the best spells its very repetitive and gets boring very easily. I would have loved this game with spells and weapons. Its so much better hunting for better weapons as you can put thousands of weapons in the game.

With SS there are different spells but they are pretty much the exact same just different elements and quite a few of them are pretty useless.

Every game is kind of like that except those heavily online games. For me getting the plat means the end of the game.