Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

I am really diggin' this game

Okay, so let me start off by saying that I'm still relatively new to the twin stick shooter genre, I started with Alien Breed Evolution on Xbox 360 a couple years ago, I played and beat all three of those; I played and beat Dead Nation, I've played and beaten Gatling Gears and a few others like Renegade Ops.

So, I bought this game a couple days ago during the Square-Enix Super Sale (along with Just Cause 2 and Deus Ex: HR) and I really, really like it. I think the graphics are top notch for the genre. The sound effects are great, I could do without some of the electronica tracks, they just don't seem to fit. The puzzles are challenging without being annoying. I feel like the devs sacrificed a bit of the balls to the wall action, found in other games of similar nature, in exchange for a more adventure and "Tomb Raider" feel (If that makes any sense) and that little touch of nuance makes all the difference and really separates LC:GotL from pretty much all the other twin stick shooters I've played.

I can only imagine how tempting it was for the devs to just insert obligatory "arena" sections to increase "excitement." I will say that the platforming is probably my least favorite part of the job because the camera doesn't lend itself well to some of the platforming puzzles in the game, kind of creating artificial difficulty spikes. Other than that one little gripe I have nothing but positive things to say about LC:GotL and I'm very happy I bought it.

I recently played this and got 100% on it and I can tell you it is a fantastic game..it gets better in later stages. worth every penny I spent. Never played Aliens Breed, but have played Dead Nation. Both this & Dead Nation are well made and engaging games.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I bought this game a couple days ago during the Square-Enix Super Sale (along with Just Cause 2 and Deus Ex: HR) and I really, really like it. I think the graphics are top notch for the genre. The sound effects are great, I could do without some of the electronica tracks, they just don't seem to fit. The puzzles are challenging without being annoying. I feel like the devs sacrificed a bit of the balls to the wall action, found in other games of similar nature, in exchange for a more adventure and "Tomb Raider" feel (If that makes any sense) and that little touch of nuance makes all the difference and really separates LC:GotL from pretty much all the other twin stick shooters I've played.

During the Square-Enix sale I needed to spend $1.26 to be eligible for another $10 credit during the March spend $50 get $10 promo, so I picked up the first challenge pack for the $1.34 Plus sale price.

I wasn't necessarily planning on playing it, but now that I'm reading these posts, I may actually go to the trouble of downloading the game again (I finished it almost two years ago) to play the challenge pack. I just hope I don't end up wishing I had bought the other two challenge packs at the sale price as well. lol

I was quite impressed with and enjoyed this game very much.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This game was sitting on my Plus backlog for a long time. Didn't really expect much from it, and found myself pleasantly surprised. An excellent game overall.

I liked it so much I ended up grabbing Temple of Osiris for the PS4 in the recent sale. I hope it is as good :dance: