Silent Running perk

theicecamel

the +10 to sneak makes obvious sense but the second part of the perk is less obvious... does 'running no longer affects into a successful sneak attempt' mean that the sound of running won't alert enemies to my presence?

also, is raising my sneak really that useful?

Yes, I believe that's what it means - your running won't alert enemies as easily as it would without the perk.

I personally did not find sneak all that useful and I think the only time I really used it was for that Psychotic Prankster trophy.

Sneak wasn't really useful to me at all. I always upgraded things that had to do with AP and HP, by level 20, I could go into a room full of raiders and kill them all before they really had a chance to move... it was pretty cool.

Sneak seemed quite useless to me as well.

I found when ever i made a new character that always went with the same perks. Like Addmanrcace, AP and HP perks are very useful, and i tend to go with perks that allow you to be more accurate in V.A.T.S or allowed you to last longer in combat.

If I ever wanted to sneak around.. i'd just use a Stealth Boy..

I'm fairly sure I took this perk, maxed Sneak, and spent quite a but of time in it. My second character was "built" and I spent a decent portion of the game in sneak clearing out entire rooms before they even knew what hit them.

Sneak never really helped me other than with pick pocketing and hacking terminals and things like that where i needed to be undiscovered to avoid a shoot out lol. I never used it but im sure if you maxed it out you could have some real fun with it. Just head into a major settlement and sneak around and own everyone without them even knowing you are there lol