Anyone agree?

Psikorps

I originally posted this as a reply on the front page blog thing about the possible chance that new classes could be coming to BL2 in addition to the Mechromancer, but just wanted to post it here to see if anyone else felt the same, or if I'm just nuts as the wife thinks.

Ultimate Loot Chest Edition - Check (The Marcus bobblehead is sweet, I give em a little tap every time I kill a "baddass" or boss in-game, he nods with approval)

Premier Club - Check (Free Mechromancer class for preordering a game I was going to preorder anyways?...sweet)

Season Pass - Check (Four DLC packs for the price of three, not hard math to see if its worth it)

New classes they may release - Check

True Story:

Now "why", the old lady asks...Why did you spend nearly $200 on a single game ($150 U.L.C.E + $30 Season Pass + tax, close to $200), when you could have just played other stuff you have sitting around you have not finished yet, then get a game of the year edition later on and save about $140 to buy two other games? (Just to add to her point, she tapped the Marcus bobblehead, so he would nod in agreement with her...grrr)

My responce...Because in this day in age, there are LOADS of games coming out all the time across many platforms, games that are so full of bugs and glitches and lack of shine and polish that it makes someone who is passionate about games cry. (She raises a eyebrow) Got her attention, so I continue...

Games that show the developer was truly passionate about making them show in the game, its not just graphics, not just audio, not just features or functions, not customization, its not any single thing but a complex set of layers that when all brought together in a amazing way, make the game worth more than another, which is why I felt it would justify spending nearly $200 on this one. (The Marcus bobblehead started nodding all by itself...either that or the dog bumped the table leg, but the timing was awesome)

I continue... See I'm not just buying a game with my purchase, I'm sending a message, that message says, produce high quality and greatly entertaining games and I'll buy them. As a consumer, I will support you as a developer by purchasing your stuff at the original asking price, because I want you to get a profit, to be able to have more money and resources to contine to produce more and more of the same high quality content for years to come.

She puts her hand on Marcus's head to stop his bobbing, looks at me and says...I'm not gonna win this one am I?...I just smile, she gives a small chuckle, knowing she will have her revenge at some point.

She walks away, and as soon as her hand comes off Marcus's head he starts bobbing again...I think to myself, I won this battle but not the war, then look to Marcus...he nods in agreement.

So anyone else in the same boat? Do you buy stuff upfront knowing that you will pay more, but do so anyways, not only to play early, but to help support the devs, or do you hold off and figure why bother and just go for the more than likely GOTY edition down the road?

Eh, I usually stay away from "collectors editions", in my opinion, a big waste of money...I buy a game to play the game, I could care less about a bobblehead( that my son would possibly destroy), an art book or any of these "extras" that I can definitely live without and still enjoy the game for only 60 dollars. Now I pre-order it so I got the creature slaughter dome and premiere club incentives but that didnt cost me anything extra. In addition, I also tend to stay away from season pass DLC, here's why, Walking Dead season pass ok $20.00 did I buy it? Absolutely not and it was too my advantage because they have already given episode 1 and 2 for free to ps plus....also I'm not going to invest money into a DLC that may or may not be good. I want to now what I'm getting before I pay for it not have it be shrouded in mystery.

I do pick up games early instead of waiting for a GOTY edition, but only when I am truly psyched or the game is on sale or some other similar situation. I would have loved to wait for the Borderlands GOTY edition or BL2 GOTY edition but they were both early purchases with BL2 being a pre-order simply because I need the satisfaction of playing them give or take immediately. I don't often get that super excited about a game where I need to pre-order but in this case I feel it was justified and I'd do it again without question.

Collector's Edition though I normally avoid just simply because I tend not to care about the bonus content.

I've never bought a Collectors Edition before this one. But I absolutely loved BL. Got into it late and was in the middle of it when the pre-order options were released to I popped for the Ultimate Edition. Love the chest and love that little bobblehead.

Marcus is the business man. :)

Anyway, had I played BL when it first came out and wasn't all psyched because I was in the middle of it, the outcome might have been different.

Don't mind though. The concept art book is awesome too.

Went through everything last night and enjoyed it all before even putting the disc in.

Don't regret it a bit.