Sword jump HTA#3 (Gaius) tips please

I have been trying my best to reproduce the sword jump from Gaius's sword to his elbow or waist or anywhere useful, but not too successfully, end up with a good jump once in 20-30 attempts.

And I have seen quite a lot of different videos with sword jumps and discussion on forums everyone asks to just master it, but none of them explains how, as in where do you position yourself at, at what time do you jump, what are the exact buttons (and their sequence) to be pressed, camera angles(most frustrating part), etc.

A detailed explanation on all these would be spoon feeding, but after utter failure on the sword jump, I am just curious where am I failing.

I have seen other videos without sword jumps too, sword to leg to armband jump, even breaking the armor and killing, etc.

Most probably will adopt the leg to armband jump technique, but wanted to know what was i doing wrong.

I only have about a 30% success rate on the sword jump, but here is what I do:

I start by getting onto the sword and holding R1 just above where the sword is buried in the dirt. I also stay slightly off center, sometimes going almost to the left edge. Then, I turn the camera so that the middle of the screen is aiming at where I want to go. I have used this method to go to both the belt and the bracelet.

Continue holding R1 as he pulls the sword up. Near the top of the swing, just before he dips his arm, I release R1, hold the left stick up so Wander takes a step or two, then jump and pray. Sometimes I get a great jump (I have even landed on his shoulder in the past), and sometimes Wander just floats off into space without jumping at all. The whole thing is very frustrating.

Anyway, as I said, I'm not very consistent but maybe someone else has a better method. This is the last one I need for the plat, but I'm not sure I have the patience anymore.

Edited by Evermeet
Spelling

I personally wouldnt bother doing the sword jump , try the jump from sword to leg to bracelet.

I tried unsuccessfully for 3 or so days to perfect it without much success like yourself. I didnt want to try the sword leg bracelet coz it seemed too complicated.

However within half an hour of trying that way I had him beat.

Crouch on the sword about midway up , once its level jump to leg (last but one ledge) then to the bracelet.

I did tricep vital, head then stomach with 50 secs to spare.

Hope it helps and good luck

I finally got him today. I couldn't completely put the game away with just one fight left, so I've been doing a couple hours a day on this stupid thing.

I always had problems with the sword > leg > bracelet jump, so I just kept at the sword to bracelet. The bonus of landing on the bracelet is that he goes into the same motion as when you stand on his right shoulder, so I went straight for the waist got a couple shots in, then jumped back to the bracelet. On the next stop, I finished off the waist, then climbed up to his shoulder. Two goes at the head and one go at the arm and I finally had it. Shaved almost a minute off all of my previous less successful runs.

Anyway, I won't be playing this game again for awhile. It was good the first couple times through, but the HTA really sucked out all the fun for me as I'm not really good at time trials, etc. Good luck to all you others trying for this plat!

Congrats!! I've spent already about 10 hrs for HTA#3, and have been consistent at getting onto his bracelet from the leg half the times. The part after that is what I've to concentrate on now.

Its true, HTA3 took away all the fun i had with the game, thats why giving long enough breaks to retry HTA3. Just cannot give up for that one fight. :)

UPDATE: Finally killed the wretched Gaius with just 4.38 seconds left on the clock. 5 fully charged attacks to the stomach, 2 rounds of 2.5 fully charged attacks to the head and 3 fully charged attacks to the arm.

Found the sword to leg to bracelet a thousand times easier than the damned sword jump.

Edited by samirbvr
Update