Battlefield: Bad Company Road Map

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Road Map:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 10/10

-Offline: 30/51

-Online: 20/51

-Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 100+ hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2

-Number of missable trophies: 14

-Glitched trophies: 1 for some people

-Do cheat codes disable trophies: No cheat codes available

Overview:

Battlefield: Bad Company is a very neat first person shooter. It is very directed, but in a very open maps. The trophies are very well put together, as most can be gotten by doing the story. The online trophies are definitely the hardest trophies of the game. Basically, offline, there are story trophies, trophies for searching for stuff, and trophies for using things a certain number of times. The story trophies can all be gotten by playing through the story on Normal and Hard difficulties. There are 14 story trophies in total. The trophies for searching are all in the story, but you have to search the map for collectable weapons and gold. There are 7 searching trophies in total. The trophies for using things are all gotten by using certain objects a certain number of times. Some include blowing holes in walls, while others are driving all the types of vehicles. There are 9 trophies for using things, total.

Online, there are rank trophies, kill trophies, and other trophies. Rank trophies are obtained by gaining online rank, there are a total of 4 rank trophies. The kill trophies are obtained by killing enemies online in different ways, as well as a total number of kills. There are 5 kill trophies in total. Other trophies make the the bulk of the online trophies, as they include things like: getting all of the awards, destroying a certain number of objects, and staying in the air for 3 seconds. There are 11 of the other online trophies.

This of course leaves the glorious platinum trophy. This platinum is one of the hardest to achieve and is very well respected if you do obtain it. It takes an immense amount of time, due to the online trophies. If you are looking to platinum Battlefield: Bad Company, you better commit yourself to it, as you are in for a while.

Step by step:

Step 1: Starting your offline game.

As soon as you start up Battlefield, select Single Player and start a new game on the Hard difficulty. (Starting on hard is best, as you will get to know the maps and get the hard stuff out of the way) Now, you play through the game and beat it. You will most likely get a lot of the trophies for using things and you will get half of the story trophies.

Step 2: Starting your offline trophy hunt.

After you have beaten the game on Hard, you have to do it again on Normal. But this time, it will be much easier and you will be able to go out of your way to get the rest of the offline trophies. My advice would be to use a guide (http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/battlefield-bad-company/8828-weapon-gold-bar-locations.html)to get all of the gold and collectable weapons, but if guides aren't your thing, then just search everywhere. (Tip: When looking for collectables, look for X's on your map, as they are a sign of either a collectable weapons or a combat item. Also, if you see an “Acta Non Verba” sign, there IS gold somewhere nearby.) While going through the story on this playthrough, try to get any of the uses trophies you have missed out on during your first playthrough. And I recommend that you try to get the “Staying Alive”, by not dying, trophy during first level as it will be the easiest. Providing that you find everything and obtain all of the uses trophies, you will not have to play the story again.

Step 3: Starting the online trophies.

Now comes the hardest part. I recommend starting with a friend or two. Invite them to your squad by selecting custom match and squad invite. With a couple of people, try to get the “There is no I in Squad” trophy, by sticking to the back of the map and tell your squadmates to spawn on you. Once you get that trophy, go all out. Once the first round is done, you should get “Get me Started” and “With my Devil Dogs”. In your next round, try to go to the map “Oasis” and as soon as it starts, run to the helicopter and fly straight up. Once you have reached the max altitude, simply jump out. You will lose 10 points for suicide unless you fall in the water, so try to be over the water. Either way, you will earn the “Darwin's Parachute” trophy. Once you respawn, hit the up button on the D-Pad three times, a few seconds apart, and you will receive the “Catch the 'Bad' Moment” trophy for taking three screenshots. Next, try to get a kill in the helicopter, then in the boat, tank, and finally, the hummer/jeep and you will get the “Vehikill” trophy. After these two rounds, all of the easy online trophies will be complete. Now all you have left to do is spend countless hours getting 10,002 kills and all of the awards.

Step 4: Finishing the online trophies.

Now is the hardest part. Basically, aim for the “Beans Bullets Bandages” trophy and many of the others will come. If you want to boost for the destruction trophies, I suggest an AA gun for trees and light tank for walls. While trying for 10,002 kills, keep an eye on your awards. Getting the “I am Bad Company!” trophy is known to be one of the hardest/ most unfair trophies, seeing as how it is only a bronze. Use each of the classes and try to get their patches in order. For example, start on Assault until you get the Gold Assault patch and then move on to Demolition. There is no need to worry about the “General of the Army” trophy, which is ranking up to level 25, as this will come somewhere around 750 – 1,000 kills. So basically, spend your time playing online. Aim to get a certain number of kills every day, and you will most likely surprise yourself. The trophy will come over time, just be patient and keep playing!

I hope this road map has been helpful. Good luck! And if you need any boosting help, send me a friend request. Special thanks to BeerMoose for reviewing.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

Sorry, but achieving Platinum for this isn't that straight forward. The reason for that is simple - the awards are akin to winning the lottery. Even after 10,002 kills I estimate you still can't get saviour and 5 kills in 2 seconds. I don't see how they can be boosted either.

I for one am not going for 10,002 without getting the worst awards first, I don't want to waste my time for nothing.

Edited by jordan79

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry, but achieving Platinum for this isn't that straight forward. The reason for that is simple - the awards are akin to winning the lottery. Even after 10,002 kills I estimate you still can't get saviour and 5 kills in 2 seconds. I don't see how they can be boosted either.

I for one am not going for 10,002 without getting the worst awards first, I don't want to waste my time for nothing.

Yes you can get Saviour and Strike. All it takes is to work WITH your squad.

By the time you get to 8-9k you will have gained alot of experience with this game , You will know where to go , what kit for what job , will know the maps and spawns like the back of your hand etc etc..

I made this mistake of boosting the Saviour wildcard ,, after my Platinum i ended up having 78 Saviours ...

I mean there's nothing wrong with getting them out the way , but i suggest up untill 8000 kills Don't bother with boosting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thx for the tips, btw i followed a different path for the offline. I first played on normal goin for all the various trophies then i did the campaign on hard, so i perfectly knew what to expect and i only was focused on finishing the chapters. It has been very easy must say.

Also i went first for the online trophies since it is an old game. The community seems to be still solid but i guess whoever gonna begin now goin for this plat shld take care about online trophies ASAP, theyr gonna take so long and gonna b that pain!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good roadmap, for me getting the kills has been the hardest part of this game. I was in some boosting sessions with some really cool people (except one redneck, but not going to get into that) where I was lucky enough to get all the awards i needed to boost in about a week. Now it seems like we can never get an empty room and the online is thriving. I haven't gotten a room with less then 5 v 5 people in over two days now. I try setting a goal of 300 kills a day, taking a break every 100 kills but this game gets so boring fast.

• 10 months later...