NYM Hardcore - You must complete it in one sitting

klujma

EDIT: What the fuck??? They sent me email right after that they answered wrong :eek: really sorry for make new thread... they said we dont need to play game without dying then they sent another mail that we do, that is really sad... sorry, we have to complete game in one sitting

So I messaged R* and they send me this -

Thanks for the great feedback about trophies. We have made sure that the trophies are challenging and fun. Here is the full list if you are interested in checking them out.

They do not have to be done in 1 sitting, and hardcore is a difficulty level. < this is answer on my question. I asked about NYM HC and NYM. NYM is chapter by chapter with time and on any difficulty and NYM HC is the same but on hardcore difficulty.

The Max Payne 3 Story can be played at five difficulty settings that can be adjusted on the fly and provide varying levels of challenge as follows:

Easy: Increased Health and Bullet Time® Rewards. A satisfying challenge

Medium: Moderate Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A stiff challenge

Hard: Low Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A real test

Hardcore: Minimal Health and Bullet Time rewards. Very challenging

Old School: Last Man Standing is disabled.

Medium is the default setting for all - so you can start the game and decide from there on the fly whether you'd like to adjust your difficulty for more of a challenge or an easier go as you play.

Easy and Medium settings feature dynamic difficulty which provides access to extra painkillers to help you pass particular parts of the game if you've died repeatedly. On Easy and Medium settings, when you die at a checkpoint, you restart the checkpoint with at least one full magazine of ammo in each gun (except grenade launchers) and the number of painkillers that you started with. For every three times you die at a checkpoint, you get one extra painkiller. So if you started a checkpoint with 2 painkillers, and died 3 times, on each subsequent retry of that checkpoint, you'd start with 3 painkillers. If you died 3 more times (6 total), you'd start with 4 painkillers on each subsequent restart. On Easy and Medium, this can continue until you are respawning with a full 9 painkillers.

On the Hard setting, there is also dynamic difficulty however it is intentionally much more limited to ensure a tougher go. On Hard, if you die 5 times, you will get a bonus painkiller on subsequent respawns, and if you've died 10 times, you can get one more. However, it will never give you bonus painkillers that make your total go above 2. So if you started a checkpoint with 1 painkiller and died 5 times, you'd start with 2; but if you died 5 more times (10 total), you would not get an extra - you would continue to respawn with 2. Likewise, if you start a checkpoint with 3 painkillers, you would never get a bonus painkiller in Hard mode.

Hardcore and Old School modes are unlocked by beating the Story on Hard difficulty.

Cheers,

R*

So its just difficulty!! I dont know who said you must beat the game without dead.... Iam happy and I will buy this game ;)

Edited by klujma

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hardcore NYM we are worried about, which isn't alluded to in the reply.

Yes it is > They do not have to be done in 1 sitting, and hardcore is a difficulty level < this is answer on my question. I asked about NYM HC and NYM. NYM is chapter by chapter with time and on any difficulty and NYM HC is the same but on hardcore difficulty.

Yes it is > They do not have to be done in 1 sitting, and hardcore is a difficulty level < this is answer on my question. I asked about NYM HC and NYM. NYM is chapter by chapter with time and on any difficulty and NYM HC is the same but on hardcore difficulty.

Fair enough, I didn't know it was chapter by chapter. My apologies.

Please everybody send message here - support@rockstargames.com that NYM HC is really bad idea.

It's not a BAD IDEA...it's just very very challenging.

Trophies aren't meant to be easy. Sometimes, like this one...they are very very hard. You might not get this trophy. You might not get a FEW trophies in this game. It doesn't mean it's a bad idea for a trophy.

Lecture aside...my understanding of this is that NYM mode is chapter by chapter. Again, I could be wrong...it seems like we won't know until someone actually accomplishes it.

Please everybody send message here - support@rockstargames.com that NYM HC is really bad idea.

You know, for a guy who rates ninja gaiden sigma 2 a 8.5 and has platted dead space 2, it seems like you play tough games. So why are you bitching about NYM HC? You obviously have skills, so step up to the plate and play it. I mean dead space 2 had 3 save slots for its hardcore difficulty, this is just the next step up.

Back in the day, there used to be games that you had to finish in one sitting. If its too hard for you, too bad, either you get it or you don't. I dislike this recent trend with games to making trophies too easy. This is a challenging trophy for a challenging game. Max Payne is supposed to be hard. BRING ON the PAYNE!

You know, for a guy who rates ninja gaiden sigma 2 a 8.5 and has platted dead space 2, it seems like you play tough games. So why are you bitching about NYM HC? You obviously have skills, so step up to the plate and play it. I mean dead space 2 had 3 save slots for its hardcore difficulty, this is just the next step up.

Back in the day, there used to be games that you had to finish in one sitting. If its too hard for you, too bad, either you get it or you don't. I dislike this recent trend with games to making trophies too easy. This is a challenging trophy for a challenging game. Max Payne is supposed to be hard. BRING ON the PAYNE!

Lol how can you compare dead space with max, dead space 2 is 7 hours and had 3 saves it was joke, max has no saves and is 8 hours long... 10/10 difficulty with checkpoint would be much better than 8/10 with no dead because i cant play straight 8 fuckinh hours..

It is chapter to chapter for NYM HC. Don't die a chapter, hey, you're doing great. Die the next chapter, heyyyy replay that chapter.

And you do get soft aim in hardcore. Just advise free aim based trophies in medium or hard, whichever you'd rather, so you can focus all your time and effort on NYM HC, rather than worrying about getting a headshot during tremors or other trophies similar to that.

Lol how can you compare dead space with max, dead space 2 is 7 hours and had 3 saves it was joke, max has no saves and is 8 hours long... 10/10 difficulty with checkpoint would be much better than 8/10 with no dead because i cant play straight 8 fuckinh hours..

Lol do you not know what comparison means? I can compare them because it is a similar thing. This is maybe a little harder - that doesn't mean they are NOT similar.

By your logic i could say lol how can you give ninja gaiden 2 an 8.5 its obviously a 10, its so hard with all the lag online herp derp. Its called opinion and comparison.

You're really saying its hard because you can't play for 8 hours in a row but hey people can do that. Its like the endless setlist trophy from rockband.

This is essentially a survival gauntlet so it is an accurate comparison.