How do I start the subquest for Mecha Sophie?

I've been trying to find out how to start the Mecha Sophie subquest and all I've read is that I have to talk to one of the humanoids in Telos Astue, go to records, and then bring certain crystals to the Research Center. I've spoken to every humanoid in the city and none of them have anything special to say. I've also checked records and nothing there seems to act as a trigger either.

Was this something that could only be started the first time you get to Telos Astue and I've missed it this playthrogh or is there some other prerequisite that I don't know about?

Are you in the future arc? I believe this can only be done during the adult arc. That's the only thing I can think of, because you do indeed start this sidequest (#66) by speaking to a humanoid on the first floor of Telos Astue.

At the moment I am in the Future Arc, but I have checked during the Adult Arc and still found nothing. Now that I'm thinking about it, I will check my current subquests. It may be possible that I've started it already, though I don't remember seeing anything relative. Just in case, is this humanoid supposed to be hidden somewhere on the floor so I haven't seen it?

No, it shouldn't be hidden away, it's standing in the open with a smiley-face bubble for a sidequest over its head I believe. It should be startable right after the shuttle is repaired, time-wise, in the adult arc. Future arc locks out a lot of side quests temporarily to focus on the new stuff, but they will come back after you've completed the future arc.

I must have already started it at some point then, as there definitely are no humanoids with that bubble around. I suppose I'll gather those crystals and head to the facility when I get back to the main game.

EDIT: Yep, I'm just stupid. The side quest is already in my notes. Thanks for the help though guys.

Edited by Argento Scudo