Crown Guide

I have decided to make this as I haven't found a complete guide on the net, most of them included only descriptions for each Crown. In time, I will add more information with details. Please note that it is for European version of the game so instead of "Yards" and "Feet", there will be "Meters". I don't have any experience in making guides, as this is my first one, I apologize if it's a bit "unhelpful" for some of you. Ok, without further excuses here we go:

Remember, that besides filling the requirements for a specific Crown, you also have to win the round.

--------------------------------------

Crown 1-1: Win with over 2,000 Points!

This should be very easy, as long as you bring a character you feel comfortable playing with. Maple Leaf is flat like a pancake, so you should focus on getting a Birdie on every hole. This will be enough to gain over 2000 points. To make it even more easier, a power hitting character/gear is advised to get on green as fast as possible for additional GIR bonuses.

---------------------------------------------

Crown 1-2: Win with at least one Rising Shot!

Bring a character with loyalty lvl 3 or more for this. It is best if he/she has affinity to shoot straight (not curl ball left/right). Get as close as possible to Green, best to do it from the Fringe. Make sure your lie is as flat as possible, so the ball won't go left or right. Then just hit Super Top Spin (hold down, then up) so the ball hits the pin. It doesn't matter if it rolls on the ground first and hit the pin or hit the pin in mid-air. Both will activate Rising Shot.

------------------------------------------------

Crown 1-3: Hit GIR in 1 stroke on Par 4 and win!

This is easy. Bring a power hitting character like Max or Pancho, load on Big Air/Big Air gear and just get to Green with one shot on Par 4. The easiest one is Hole 2 or 3. Make sure you score Perfect Impact, as probably your control stat will be crap and without PI, you will shoot way of the course. Not a bad idea is to train the specific hole first in Practice Mode and then go for the Crown in challenge Mode. BTW, Hole 2 was the one I accidentally scored a Hole-in-One and Albatross at the same time, while grinding for this crown. It took me two tries and I got two trophies... lucky me:)

------------------------------------

Crown 1-4: Keep hitting GIR and win!

It's not GIR actually bur Par Pace, which require from you to get on the Green in one shot on Par 3, two shots on Par 4 and three shots on Par 5. Bring a character you are most accurate with landing the ball where you desire. Then go for Par Pace for every hole on this course and win.

Crown 1-5: Win with at least 3 Bogeys!

Yes, you read it right - 3 Bogeys:) My advice is to pick 3 holes that are most troublesome for you and get Bogeys on them. For the easy ones try to compensate with Birdies/Eagles. If you still can't win it - easy mode is your friend here:)

Crown 1-VS & 1-VS2: Win with at least one Eagle!

Bring an expert character that shoots far and can get to Green with two shots on Par 5. Land as close to the pin as possible and you third shot should be a put. score it, win the match and the Crown is yours!

-------------------------------------------------------

Crown 2-1: Keep a Perfect Impact Rate over 50% and Win!

To get Perfect Impact (PI) you have to not only avoid getting a Rabbit/Turtle, but be EXACTLY on the white dot when shooting. You will see "Nice Shot" above and cloud with "the treble clef". The total will count for your every stroke, not only off the tee, so try to be perfect all the time. Ok I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but even with the same impact and control stat, some characters have more luck getting Perfect Impact the others. While I got this after my 15th try with Chang (I struggled only because I was grinding his loyalty at the same time), I switched to Isabel and I got >50% without even focusing on it so my advice is, if you can't get it with one character, try switching to different one.

-----------------------------------------------

Crown 2-2: Keep a Fairway Rate of 100% and Win!

Luckily, it only matters for the first shot of the tee, on every hole. As long as you taking care of your first stroke to land the ball on the fairway, you should be alright. After that you can get bunker/water hazard, whatever...just remember to win the round :). That's it, piece of cake.

------------------------------------------

Crown 2-3: Put Spin on Every Ball and Win!

Again, very simple. Remember to ALWAYS spin the ball. Hold up/down/left or right on D-Pad when taking shot and win the round. Oops, another Crown..;).

Crown 2-4: Win with Over 2,000 points!

Refer to Crown 1-1.

-----------------------------------------

Crown 2-5: Win without Using Spin Shots!

Opposite then Crown 2-3. Let me clear this up - Don't touch that D-Pad at all for the whole round. Only when taking a shot that is :).

----------------------------------------------------------

Crown 2-VS & 2-VS2: Complete Victory in the first 3 Holes!

This may take you couple of tries but eventually you will get it. When computer will score Bogey, you need to have par, when he will score par, you need to get A Birdie. If you mess it up on one of the holes, restart the challenge. For VS2, which is a points match, try to always land on the fairway for +20 and get Par Pace for even more points. If you struggle too much, switch to easy mode so the A.I will be worse.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Crown 3-1: Win with at least one Putt over 10m (Par or better)!

The best option here is find yourself a hole that has the flattest green. Switch to Practice Mode and train it until you can putt a 10-meter almost every time from different positions. Easy, right? Well, not really:P For me, after I trained Par 3 hole 50th times, I finally got it on Par 4 AND it was 15-meter, which got me a trophy at the same time:) So it's a bit of a luck based Crown.

------------------------------------------

Crown 3-2: Win with at least one Pin shot!

Ok if hitting the pin intentionally wasn't hard enough, there are some more requirements for this. First, you need to hit the pin in mid-air. You can't get the ball to bounce from the ground and then hit the pin. Second, it has to be done with PAR or better - no Bogeys! Just be sure that you will see sign "Pin Shot! +30 points" when you hit the pin. If not - it will not count. I am not sure if you can use Rising Shot here, as I didn't try it, so I need someone to confirm this. Anyway, I did it from the Fringe after few tries.

Crown 3-3: Win with at least 3 Birdies in a Row!

Not hard at all, compared to crown 3-5. By now, you should have more or less mastered your putting skills, so pick the 3 easiest holes and go for it! Few tries later...

Crown 3-4: Stay Off the Rough and Win!

Getting Perfect Impact, or at least not getting a Rabbit/Turtle will help here. Don't play aggressively, plan your every shot and compensate for the wind, slope and height carefully. Don't go for Birdies/Eagles here, but try to stay on par. If computer gives you an headache, switch to easy mode. BTW, you CAN get bunkers and water hazards, just not the Rough.

Crown 3-5: Win with at least 3 Birdies in a Row!

Similar as Crown 3-4, but this time you have also a teeny cup...Yes, this will be pain in the butt. I think the first three holes are the easiest ones to perform Birdies (at least I did it on them) but if you mess the first hole, don't quit yet. If you manage to get a birdie on 2nd & 3rd hole, try the 4th one. Important thing is to bring a character that you have the most experience with landing the ball were you want it (which is close to the pin, obviously) - it helps a lot. Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------

Crown 3-VS & 3-VS2: Sink All Holes with 1 Putt and Win!

You may or may not even need to beat your opponent in the first three holes. When you land on the Green, be sure that your ball is as close to the cup as possible because your next shot has to be hole out. In other words - after your ball lands on Green, you have only one chance to score a put. If you fail or the A.I beats you anyway, restart the challenge. Now, if you have problems sending your ball where you want to, it's sometimes better to add one more stroke to your stroke count. For example: you have 450 yards from the tee to the cup. You strike 1st getting 250 yards and 2nd for 200 yards but you land 30 feet from cup (on the Green) and you miss the putt. Fail! Now, if you strike 1st for 250y, then 150y you will have only 50y to the green and can be more accurate, of course you also need to beat the A.I so if it's par 4 you have to hope for his Bogey :D. Remember - practice makes perfect!

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

--------------------------------------------------

Crown 4-1: Win with a Total Score of -3 or Better!

Nothing special here, just play best as you can, so your final score is -3 or better. The only advice I can give you is to get to green as soon as possible to have better chance for birdie so if you get to the green in 2 strokes on par 5 and you miss an eagle, you will probably score a birdie anyway.

Crown 4-2: Keep a Fairway Rate over 80% and Win!

The same strategy applies as with Crown 2-2

Crown 4-3: Keep Hitting GIR and Win!

The same strategy applies, as in Crown 1-4 but this time the weather conditions are BAD! You will be facing strong wind and rain so compensate for it with much precision. Remember that the ball in rain acts differently than in sunny conditions - it doesn't fly that far and doesn't roll that much after hitting the ground.

--------------------------------------------------

Crown 4-4: Win with a Total Score of -4 or Better!

Remember Crown 4-1? Well it's the same here but you have to be a bit better.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Crown 4-5: Win without Getting Out of Bounds/Water Hazards!

Just be cautious on this course, as it is build like it forces you to go WH/OOB. Play safe, win. Nothing more to add.

-------------------------------------------------

Crown 4-VS & 4-VS2: Win with consecutive birdies!

Just to be clear on this one - you don't have to win by 3 birdies in a row, or even by a complete victory. You just need to score somewhere in the match 2 birdies in a row. Then just win by 1UP/2UP or something.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Crown 5-1: Land Within 1m of the Pin (GIR or better) and Win!

When you strike the ball from anywhere except green and it closes to the pin, you can see three circles around the pin which represent distance of 1 meter, 2 meters and 3 meters. What you have to do is land the ball, so it stops inside the very first circle. Good advice here is to land your ball as close as possible to the green (preferably on the fringe) so you are more accurate to putt it within first circle. Remember that it has to be Par Pace - your 1st shot on par 3, 2nd on par 4 and 3rd on par 5. If you have trouble with it, choose a hole that you think you have most chance with and go practice it in Practice Mode.

----------------------------------------

Crown 5-2: Win without Using Spin Shots!

Resist from pressing D-Pad when you strike the ball and this easy Crown is yours.

Crown 5-3: Keep Hitting GIR and Win!

Again, see crown 1-4 and 4-3.

Crown 5-4: Win with Over 1,500 Points!

Even though this is played on a difficult course, I found it easier to score 1,500 points then 2,000 points on easier courses. Maybe it was because I had experience gained so far. Anyway, this isn't hard at all - you will be playing a lot on Legacy of Golf Links.

Crown 5-5: Win with a Chip-in (Birdie or better)!

Do not grind for this crown. This is the course that you will be playing sooooo many times on your way to the Platinum, because it yields ~10,000 points per win in a matter of 10 minutes if you are fast (and you WILL BE fast after several tries) and because after 10 matches your character loyalty goes from 0 to 4. I have levelled 7 characters on this course...7ch x 10 matches x 10,000 points = 700,000 points. Enough to buy what's left from the shop. I am sure that you will score a birdie chip-in somewhere along this long grind. Believe me, ALWAYS play this on easy mode to make sure you will win (not to waste time and points).

Crown 5-VS & 5-VS2: Win without Getting a Bogey!

Be careful not to putt a bogey along the match and you will be fine. If you scoring par all the time, switch to easy mode so AI is weaker.

Crown 6-1: Land Within 2m of the Pin (GIR or better) and Win!

Please refer to Crown 5-1 for advices.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Crown 6-2: Win without Getting Out of Bounds/Water Hazards!

Same story as Crown 4-5.

-------------------------------------------

Crown 6-3: Win without Landing in a Bunker!

Take careful strikes here and make sure the ball doesn't end up in a bunker. Ironically - out of bounds, water hazards and rough is fine :).

Crown 6-4: Land Within 3m of the Pin (GIR or better) and Win!

Almost the same as Crown 6-1 but this time you are playing in Real Golf Mode, which means you will have no wind and height indication and your Caddy won't give you any advice how strong you need to strike (no pin flag on your power bar). What you will have to do is: check the wind direction and speed by looking how leaves fall by pressing down on your D-Pad; check the distance to the pin in lower-down corner and choose a club right for the job. In example, if the distance to pin is 135 yards and you choose a club that hits 150 yards, then you have to roughly subtract ~10% from power bar (because 10% from 150 yards is 15 yards). Of course you need to include other factors like wind and slope after that and compensate your power. Thankfully, this round is played on Maple Leaf, which is the easiest course in whole game and the distance required is 3m, so it's quite a lot. You shouldn't have to much trouble with this Crown.

Crown 6-5: Get a Birdie on the Last Hole and Win!

This might sound scary, as it forces you to play 17 holes, only yo test you on hole 18. If you mess it up, all is lost so first, go to Practice Mode, choose hole 18 and grind it with different wind direction, speed, various weather conditions (you never know what to expect in challenge mode), until you can get a birdie almost all of the time. Now go and claim that Crown in challenge Mode!

Crown 6-VS & 6-VS2: Win without Using Power Shot!

Simple - avoid pressing square to activate Power Shot during whole round and win. Beat Pandora's ass on first three holes if you can (easy mode someone?).

---------------------------------------------

Crown 7-VS & 7-VS2: Win with a set number club!

I have heard some people having trouble with understanding what it means. It means that you cannot choose a club that you think will be the best for you to strike a ball. NEVER in this round. You need to rely on the club that computer chooses for you. It's not that bad at all, believe me. If you need to strike for half of the distance given, DON'T change the club, just set the power two times lower on power bar. Note, that you may also Accidentally press L or R to change the club, but as long as you haven't strike yet, it's ok! Switch it back to computer chosen club and strike! I will be repeating myself one last time - easy mode will help, if you cannot beat Izzak normally. Good luck!

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

i've got a question....how did you knew what'd you had to do to get the descriptions?...because on the events,for me (european game),it says "you can win a crown"...yet NO description about it..unless you unlock the description when you finish the game? <<

Exactly. The conditions for crowns will be avaiable to you after you beat Pandora on VS. They will be shown in challenge window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got all my stars & crowns last week (the day after that last post i think)

still have 5 characters to max out...takes forever leveling these people up. not to mention getting enough $$$$$ to buy everything. they really should have given us like 100,000 bonus when we got all the stars and another 100,000 for the crowns.

got all my stars & crowns last week (the day after that last post i think)

still have 5 characters to max out...takes forever leveling these people up. not to mention getting enough $$$$$ to buy everything. they really should have given us like 100,000 bonus when we got all the stars and another 100,000 for the crowns.

I hear your pain:) While maxing out characters, you can play course 5-5. I think this is 18 hole on Arabian... It's easy >10k every win (~15 minutes). Anyway, after maxing all characters you will still need to play some more to get all the money you need.

Btw. Have you got all special shots (rising, homing, spiral)?

I hear your pain:) While maxing out characters, you can play course 5-5. I think this is 18 hole on Arabian... It's easy >10k every win (~15 minutes). Anyway, after maxing all characters you will still need to play some more to get all the money you need.

Btw. Have you got all special shots (rising, homing, spiral)?

i got the rising one, but not the homing or spiral...or the water skipper one

3.5 characters to max

Was just wondering, you can do all this in easy mode right? or Easy mode crowns does not count?

yes, i did about half regular and half on easy. i'm sure i could redo the easy ones, but why bother if you dont have to

Edited by dh4645

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, could you do the perfect impact over 50% crown for me? :p

That's the last one I need and I can't get it. Did hit 48% once, but damn it's killing me :whistle:

Beat the rest of the game on normal without difficulty. It's seriously messed up that you need 43/44 crowns in order to unlock the last vs. So you can't get all stars, or even all items, without essentially getting all crowns. Grrr :mad: