Keep getting asked if I'm a "hacker"

tbond22

I know what the term "hacker" means, but I am not sure why I have had people on my friends list ask me if I am a hacker. Through the years of having a PS3 I have added people to my friends list for help with other games, actual friends and accepting friend requests. Like most of you I don't actually know all of these people.

Over the past 2 weeks I have had 3 different people on my friends list ask me if I am "hacker". I am not exactly sure what they are talking about. A hacker of what?

I know what the term "hacker" means, but I am not sure why I have had people on my friends list ask me if I am a hacker. Through the years of having a PS3 I have added people to my friends list for help with other games, actual friends and accepting friend requests. Like most of you I don't actually know all of these people.

Over the past 2 weeks I have had 3 different people on my friends list ask me if I am "hacker". I am not exactly sure what they are talking about. A hacker of what?

Ignore them. They see you have 123 platinums and assume that you must have cheated to get them, jealousy :p

They saying you hacked your trophies. What you do with your trophies is your business. If someone thinks you hacked and are pestering you about it, delete them. They're not your 'friends'. Anyone who has a significantly high trophy count, heck even a smaller trophy count with a few (P) or couple hundred trophies will be the target of being called a hacker.

If you're getting random messages accusing you of hacking, go to account management, privacy settings and set that you don't get messages from randoms. Simple as that.

That's funny. I never even really thought I had that many platinums. I have seen people with anywhere from 150 to 350 platinums. I do have to confess I only earned 122 of those. My wife got the X-Factor platinum.

I guess I can take that question as a compliment if people think I have a lot of platinums. Part of it is OCD, it drives me crazy when I can't get 100% on my games. I had to give up that when I played Super Street Fighter IV.

congrats on all your trophies.

OP, the best thing to do with people accusing you of hacking is to tell them if they're so concerned about it they can go into each one of your Platted games and check the timestamps of those games. It might take them a couple hours to do, but at least at the end of the process it'll eliminate any questions they have.

They are clearly jelous. Just ignore it, you have an insane trophy count there!

Thanks. Too bad my trophy count is going to slow down big time. Part of the reason I have so many is I was unemployeed for a while, but now with a new baby I don't have hardly any time to play. I am ok with that though just happy to be a dad.

Ignore them. They see you have 123 platinums and assume that you must have cheated to get them, jealousy :p

i don't think jalousy is the case jack. it's envy.

let's be honest, +100 plats is exceptional basicaly everywhere but on this forum and even here it's limited in numbers. how do we do it? we simply spend too much of our free time on it.

not everybody can imagine that there's people out there who spend so much time on 1 little thing in their life so hacker kinda seems like a logic answer to think about.

sides, hacker or not i think the OP should see it from the bright side, in the gaming world it's sometimes best being called a hacker out of the blue then a no-life. we are within our right to decline our involvement with cheats and hacks but we can't allways deny that we spend too much time on games :p

Edited by SIE

What you do with your trophies is your business.
Until you come on the internet and start bragging about them, in which case you'd damn well better be legit or people will (quite deservedly) tear you apart for being a cheater.

I do have to confess I only earned 122 of those. My wife got the X-Factor platinum.

Like this guy. Your trophy count may as well be 0 now. You have no right to brag and you should not be looked upon with respect by other trophy collectors. The only question is, did you only cheat for that one, or did you cheat for more of them but think you can get away with it by admitting to cheating for just one? Answer: doesn't matter, you're still a cheater and your profile will never be impressive to honest collectors. :thumbsdown:

My 20 platinums I earned by myself > your 123 platinums your wife helped you get.

Like this guy. Your trophy count may as well be 0 now. You have no right to brag and you should not be looked upon with respect by other trophy collectors. The only question is, did you only cheat for that one, or did you cheat for more of them but think you can get away with it by admitting to cheating for just one? Answer: doesn't matter, you're still a cheater and your profile will never be impressive to honest collectors. :thumbsdown:

My 20 platinums I earned by myself > your 123 platinums your wife helped you get.

talking about legit then, that brings us to the part of online boosting. to do something (unfair) the game did not intend falls under exploiting and/or cheating.

oh well, old discussion is old. everybody sucks in a way ._.

Maybe it has something to do with something else?

[ATTACH]4646[/ATTACH]

don't you think you're taking it a little harsh? people other than the like of us, who don't understand hunting for trophies, and just want to play, may be oblivious to the fact that it would "harm" us if they do not use a another account.. I experienced it myself, when my brother took my ps3 to play some pes, which left me with some ugly 0% stains of PES on my trophy record..

True, he may in fact be covering up for more than 1 platinum by saying only one isn't his, but first, he deserves the benefit of the doubt, and secondly, as I previously stated, it may just be his wife's fault, no need to start a witch hunt after him just because she lacks understanding (no harm intended to your wife, OP).

OP, the best thing to do with people accusing you of hacking is to tell them if they're so concerned about it they can go into each one of your Platted games and check the timestamps of those games. It might take them a couple hours to do, but at least at the end of the process it'll eliminate any questions they have.

Not needed, most people on this site knows there are 2 easily hacked games, Socom & FUEL. And would you look at that, throws FUEL on the fire (no pun intended), he has hacked FUEL.

Kind of ironic, creating a thread not knowing why he's called a hacker yet the label suits him perfectly fine. But I'm sure he earned those other 100+ legit (with or without his wife) since they aren't as easily to hack by just finding a save file on the net.

Like others have said, they've probably looked at your profile seen 100+ platinums and gone "OMG a hacker!" :rolleyes:

To be honest trophies have been out for about 4 years now and 123 is only about 30 platinums a year or about 2 and a half a month.

With all the easy platinum games that take a couple of days to complete, it's not that much considering.

Is that sarcasm or do you really refuse to acknowledge his plat count because his wife obtained 1 plat?

They are husband and wife. They share everything. :p

Edited by TheDearGunther

to honest collectors. :thumbsdown:

That is the funniest shit I have ever heard. It wasn't like I had some random person get trophies. It was my wife who knows zero about video games, but enjoys singing games. Shame on me for not getting this easy 6 hour platinum myself.

Until you come on the internet and start bragging about them, in which case you'd damn well better be legit or people will (quite deservedly) tear you apart for being a cheater.

So do I throw out trophies I got from sports games while playing with friends at my house? Some sports games call for X number of stats like steals, interceptions, sacks, etc. I wasn't the one to get all of those, so I should throw those out too.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter they are little digital trophies that no one other than people on this website give a shit about. Thank you all for your input. Didn't think I would get this many responses.

So do I throw out trophies I got from sports games while playing with friends at my house? Some sports games call for X number of stats like steals, interceptions, sacks, etc. I wasn't the one to get all of those, so I should throw those out too.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter they are little digital trophies that no one other than people on this website give a shit about. Thank you all for your input. Didn't think I would get this many responses.

Again, I don't think he was serious, calm down. :shrugs: