Blazing Speed Trophy

gr42178

You need to not only make matches, but make them as quickly as possible. The way I found to get it was to start scanning a move ahead non-stop so that as soon as I made a match I was making another. There will be a meter that fills up as you're making them and drops down between matches.

Obviously, once you get into speed mode you're getting close, and it helps if you can get a group of matches together and just work from the top one down so you don't have to go back and forth across the screen. It definitely needs some luck to get it as you need to get some decent drops on the gems when you make a match, but once you find a rhythm it's definitely doable.

• 1 month later...

I got Blazing speed yesterday for the 1st time as Maldovar says you got to be quick and hope you get some favourable drops plus plan ahead. I tried for hour after hour only then to discover you can change the controller settings (in the pause menu) to 'Blitz' this is recommended as it cuts down the time by a fraction and when speed is essential it kind of helps.

• 7 months later...
...There will be a meter that fills up as you're making them and drops down between matches.

Noob question - where is this meter? I don't see it on the screen - even in the videos in the trophy guide. EDIT: found it. Not a meter, just a number and combo counter in the top left corner (purple area).

Yeah, it's not related to how long you can keep the combo counter going (which does depend on speed, but is more forgiving), but how fast you do it. Got Blazing Speed around 20-ish combo's (screen had a red tinge to it). Didn't get it when I got to 40 on a previous attempt.

Edited by Stork77

• 3 months later...

this trophy is just so difficult to do...impossible with a ps controller...need splitfish or what's the name of this thing if you want to use a mouse for ps3...still don't know how to do it :( shame it's not only one game with such a difficult trophy,still lots of them don't know how to do even when I looked for tips and hints in the guides...pushing buttons on the controller is not so easy :D

Edited by Lubajz10

• 3 months later...