Promoted character - can't actually use in SP?

The Captain

So after considerable thought, I promoted my level 20 Engineer to SP. Its my favourite class in co-op, and I knew if I promoted my character, then all my class points would be wiped to zero and I would have to level that class all over again.. But hey, if I could use say my Salarian Engineer in SP, he would be a great asset to use in my squad on my insanity run - so doing the class all over in co-op isn't a problem.

However, I go to the Citadel and other far corners of the galaxy, and where is my buggy eyed character? Which airlock do I pick him up from? The Normandy awaits his presence to be used in battle!! The character from co-op whom I didn't want to restart the whole class levelling thing all over again with - but deemed ok if character now to be used in squad in SP - doesn't actually exist....!!

So, my promoted character has been beamed to SP campaign, and been warped into a N7 War asset with a value of 75 points. Which in short, means promoting a character does sweet f**k all except perk up your war asset stats, which is completly pointless and a total waste of time!! Why would you do that? What a pile of Krogan turd - Bioware make out you can promote and use a character from co-op into SP - but in reality, the concept sounds really good - but the deliverance is total turd

I did read multiple threads, on various forums about promoting a character, and not once did I read the result of would what happen, maybe I missed it but something as important as this should have been made clear, you would think. Surely its obvious the character would become a useable squad member - otherwise the whole concept is rubbish and pointless (just like the ending!)

Edited by The Captain

Not. At. All.

I really don't know where your logic comes from. One obvious thing is your imported squad member wouldn't be able to exchange conversations in the story...

/facepalm

Maybe I've watched too much Star Trek, and Vulcan logic doesn't apply to Bioware. If a game says 'Promote a character to SP campaign', what else other than having a new squad member would you think? Mass effect is a great series, I would think that they would write in some script (though probably limited) for any new character you imported.. The whole concept of gaining War assets in your campaign is uneccessary, totally. And to gain 10 points for your MP rating, wow big deal, yipee do..

When you do promote a character from MP, why on earth didn't the prompts tell you the full information required? You had three chances I believe to agree on the promotion, and nowhere did it say your character would be liquidised into an asset. At the very least you could meet your character somewhere as a one-off event, that Bioware could have done easily enough.

Well I hope this posts serves as a warning to others about this issue so others don't make the same mistake.

Maybe I've watched too much Star Trek, and Vulcan logic doesn't apply to Bioware. If a game says 'Promote a character to SP campaign', what else other than having a new squad member would you think? Mass effect is a great series, I would think that they would write in some script (though probably limited) for any new character you imported.. The whole concept of gaining War assets in your campaign is uneccessary, totally. And to gain 10 points for your MP rating, wow big deal, yipee do..

When you do promote a character from MP, why on earth didn't the prompts tell you the full information required? You had three chances I believe to agree on the promotion, and nowhere did it say your character would be liquidised into an asset. At the very least you could meet your character somewhere as a one-off event, that Bioware could have done easily enough.

Well I hope this posts serves as a warning to others about this issue so others don't make the same mistake.

look t the Battle-Scarred trophy it says promote a MP characther to the galaxy at war, and galaxy at war is not the singleplayer; galaxy at war is a component of SP located on the war room where you check your war assets, your readiness, and your military force. So i wouldnt think by any chance that you could use your MP characther in SP

On this topic I have promoted several lvl 20s to the Galaxy at War but I do not see where they have become an asset. Does it add across all playthroughs/characters or is there something specific you have to do in single-player to make your promoted multiplayer character a war asset?

I looked carefully at all the assets and I am not seeing it. How many points is a lvl 20 worth anyways?

On this topic I have promoted several lvl 20s to the Galaxy at War but I do not see where they have become an asset. Does it add across all playthroughs/characters or is there something specific you have to do in single-player to make your promoted multiplayer character a war asset?

I looked carefully at all the assets and I am not seeing it. How many points is a lvl 20 worth anyways?

I believe it appears at N7 Special Ops Squad or something along those lines. Each time you promote a class it adds 75 points to that war asset.

I'm a big Star Trek fan too and you don't seem to understand what "logic" is. In this case, it is stated you "promote" your character to the singleplayer but it doesn't specify in what form. You just assumed from your sense without taking into the game design (which is illogical): how and from where will your character be defined? This is a customized character, and this customized character comes from many templates (classes, galactic ethnicity, etc) therefore too many ingredients (a lot more than your customized Shepard) to include full possible outcomes (conversations, decisions, etc) for each and every single customized MP character you'll promote into SP.

look t the Battle-Scarred trophy it says promote a MP characther to the galaxy at war, and galaxy at war is not the singleplayer; galaxy at war is a component of SP located on the war room where you check your war assets, your readiness, and your military force. So i wouldnt think by any chance that you could use your MP characther in SP

^And this. kenjikazama has a more logical reading comprehension than you.

Edited by OceanH