Multiplayer Class builds and strategies

dividedbyn1ght

If anyone is looking for some tips on how to specc a certain Race/Class, go here: ME3 MULTIPLAYER

This is an example of what you can find on the website.

Human Sentinel Caster (The Poor Man’s Asari Adept)

Build Title:

Human Sentinel Caster (The Poor Man’s Asari Adept)

Power Evolutions:

Tech Armor: N/A* (*need to acquire a respec card to achieve this)

Warp: detonate (4), expose(5), recharge speed(6)

Throw: force (4), detonate(5), damage(6)

Alliance Training: weight reduction(4), power damage(5), weight reduction(6)

Fitness: durability(4), shields(5), durability(6)

Weapons:

Carnifex, I dont recomend using anything else.

Strategy:

Playstyle? Spam throw! I’ll just note a few important things: Phantoms will own you but reapers are pretty easy with this build. While you don’t have stasis, you will be more durable than an asari adept and also have stronger biotic explosions.

Noob Rating: (scale 1-5, 1 is easy for everybody!)

3. The focus of the build is the powers which generally require less aim which allows you to do huge damage very easily with the explosions. However, if you want to take full advantage of this class you will need to hit your explosions around corners and over cover. The carnifex also requires head shots to be a good weapon.

Nice site, but I'm a bit confused by the powers. What does the (4) ,(5), etc. indicate? At first I figured it was order to put into things, but I had almost everything "maxed" out that way by level 10.

I believe the (#) numbers show you where on that ability line something is.

This is a line from a Human Engineer.

The 4 next to damage means that you will pick damage for incinerate instead of the other. The 5th ability you will choose Recharge Speed, and at the end you will choose Armor Damage.

Incinerate: Damage (4), Recharge Speed (5), Armor Damage (6)

http://gbatemp.net/reviews/games/4500/large_MassEffect3%202012-03-12%2021-46-52-43.jpg

That's how I built my krogan sentinel. It takes some getting used to.

My krogan sentinel is armed with the widow for long range sniping and the graal spike thrower for closer damage and boss encounters. I literally feel like a walking tank with the kind of firepower I'm packing. I struggle against the really tough barriers and shields on banshees, atli and geth primes but once those are gone I can go to town on them.

One question: which of the three shotguns is the best?

Geth shotgun (has some target tracking, may not be the strongest of the three)

Graal spike thrower (slow projectile makes hitting moving targets more difficult)

Claymore (doesn't need to charge but very slow ROF)

Edited by MacrossFan
fixing grammatical issues

I'm new to the multiplayer mode, currently a level 10 human adept. Here are my questions.

-why does the readyness decrease when i didn't play for 1 day?

-what does the N7 point mean and what is it's usage?

-when i purchase equipment, why does it link to PS store, since i'm using just the money from missions ?

I'm new to the multiplayer mode, currently a level 10 human adept. Here are my questions.

-why does the readyness decrease when i didn't play for 1 day?

-what does the N7 point mean and what is it's usage?

-when i purchase equipment, why does it link to PS store, since i'm using just the money from missions ?

1. The readiness decreases by a certain percentage over a period of time. Sorry but I don't know the specific numbers, but it's how it's designed. In a way it's that the enemy is fighting back, so the longer you don't play the multiplayer, the further the number will drop (back to the original 50%).

2. N7 point is essentially a level of you as a player. So as you level up the different classes, get weapon packs, promote characters into the single player etc, that number will increase. I don't think there's any perks to having a high N7 rating, it's just so you have an idea of how much someone has played multiplayer I guess haha.

3. It links to the Playstation Store because you can choose to use real money to buy equipment packs, as an alternative to using in-game credits. EA do it a bit, you can buy in-game credits on SSX, I remember Need For Speed games letting you buy cars on the Playstation Store that were already unlockable in the game, etc. So instead of doing a few rounds to get 60,000 credits for a Spectre pack, you could use a few dollars and buy some yourself early in the game

My krogan sentinel is armed with the widow for long range sniping and the graal spike thrower for closer damage and boss encounters. I literally feel like a walking tank with the kind of firepower I'm packing. I struggle against the really tough barriers and shields on banshees, atli and geth primes but once those are gone I can go to town on them.

Graal spike thrower (slow projectile makes hitting moving targets more difficult)

I've been switching back and forth between the Geth shotgun and the Spike thrower. For me the Geth shotgun is better just because I get trigger happy when I see a group of husks running towards me and 4 bullets to a clip is too small. The Spike thrower is a little to slow to fire and the range on the Geth shotgun can be used as a long range weapon as well as short range.

Well so far I have been dabbling with different builds and am having the most success with a human engineer that is nearly identical to the 'fire and lightning' build found there. It maxes out incinerate and overload power/recharge with 200% recharge to rip apart shields and burn through armor like butter every 2 seconds. I left combat drone at 1 only as a distraction for guardians and brutes. Its pretty beast getting 50 tech kills regularly (I know its not a race and only the squad score matters) while also helping the team to break defenses and is easy to use. And the very light avenger-X is backup but you could get by without firing a shot. Throw in some cryo-ammo for tech burst fun!

the claymore is suppose to be strongest but when u upgrade the gets it does become Better then the spike thrower

I believe the (#) numbers show you where on that ability line something is.

This is a line from a Human Engineer.

The 4 next to damage means that you will pick damage for incinerate instead of the other. The 5th ability you will choose Recharge Speed, and at the end you will choose Armor Damage.

Incinerate: Damage (4), Recharge Speed (5), Armor Damage (6)

http://gbatemp.net/reviews/games/4500/large_MassEffect3%202012-03-12%2021-46-52-43.jpg

Sorry, completely forgot I posted this. Figured it out after a couple hours. Thanks for the info though, maybe it will help someone else who got confused, lol.

I've been switching back and forth between the Geth shotgun and the Spike thrower. For me the Geth shotgun is better just because I get trigger happy when I see a group of husks running towards me and 4 bullets to a clip is too small. The Spike thrower is a little to slow to fire and the range on the Geth shotgun can be used as a long range weapon as well as short range.

I'm going to have to try to unlock the geth shotgun then. The spike thrower is the only one of the three I have unlocked. Seeing more people use that online than the spike thrower has convinced me to try to unlock it.

The Widow is a lot of fun. I call it the kill stealer because of all of the times I see my teammates spending 5-10 seconds trying to take down a grunt with an assault rifle and I take it down in one hit. It would be nice to get the Black Widow for my Krogan Sentinel though. Missing a shot is pretty frustrating.

I'm going to have to try to unlock the geth shotgun then. The spike thrower is the only one of the three I have unlocked. Seeing more people use that online than the spike thrower has convinced me to try to unlock it.

The Widow is a lot of fun. I call it the kill stealer because of all of the times I see my teammates spending 5-10 seconds trying to take down a grunt with an assault rifle and I take it down in one hit. It would be nice to get the Black Widow for my Krogan Sentinel though. Missing a shot is pretty frustrating.

The Geth Plasma Shotgun is a lot more versatile than the spike thrower.

I dig my Drell Adept

He rolls with an Avenger ONLY (adds 194% Power Recharge Speed), but his real strength is his Cluster Grenades & Reave.

Reave to max -- Duration (4) Damage Reduction (5) Damage & Duration (6)

Cluster Grenade to max -- Force & Damage (4) Max Grenades (5) Force & Damage (6)

Fitness at max

I would have Drell Assassin at Max but stupidly spent 3 points on Pull (which I don't need) - any idea how I can reassign points? Do I have to get a Rare item or something?

I dig my Drell Adept

He rolls with an Avenger ONLY (adds 194% Power Recharge Speed), but his real strength is his Cluster Grenades & Reave.

Cluster Grenade to max -- Force & Damage (4) Max Grenades (5) Force & Damage (6)

Fitness at max

I would have Drell Assassin at Max but stupidly spent 3 points on Pull (which I don't need) - any idea how I can reassign points? Do I have to get a Rare item or something?

Yea it's a rare respecc card

I dig my Drell Adept

Fitness at max

The other option would be to promote him. He ends up at level 1 again though afterwards, but it may be easier than trying to get a respec drop.

I dig my Drell Adept

Fitness at max

I have the exact same build as you, except I went with radius instead of duration on Reave power selection. Hitting more targets with it kill things a lot faster. I only use a Carnifex pistol, I think my recharge speed is 180% or something. Pull is great for setting biotic detonation with Reave, I use it quite a lot. Reave+Cluster Grenades is OP, can kill a Brute, Banshee, etc in a few seconds on silver, haven't tried it on gold yet.