Increase galactic readiness using iPhone app

p9ul

EA have released the "Mass Effect 3 Datapad" iPhone app which features a minigame that lets you increase the galactic readiness stats in your SP game.

Seems like you just select a system from the galaxy map, and a fleet is deployed - each has a little timer to completion next to it. Rewards are % and credits - but nothing to shout about unfortunately!

Every little helps as they say...

Not tried the MP yet personally, too busy in SP!

I've not even entered my redeem code yet so no idea if I'll be able to access any benefits of the app either yet.

The MP is actually really enjoyable. Some people say that there is more off time in the SP with all the dialogue and running around the Citadel. The MP is a great contrast to that. It's non stop combat for 20 minutes at a time.

I started using this the other day

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/ecto9/me3/app.jpg

It seems like you need to do it in each of the 5 areas as much as possible other wise the % starts to drop.

You start off with 2 fleets and can by more, you can by 3, these cost about 6,000 1st one may have been 3,000.

also Shields , Speed and Bonus readiness rating. There is 10 of each of these.

In about 1 day I have increased Speed to 10, Fleet by 1 (3/5), Shielding 9/10, Bonus readiness rating 7/10.

Edited by ecto69

Neat little app, but don't count on it to make significant gains to the readiness percentage. Some of these missions seem like they take hours and only grant about 1% at most for a particular system.

Must say though that the codex is really interesting to read through.

I have already got it up to about 55% total in a few days (2 days or so)

It is a slow grind but at least it can run when the gamer (me) has to sleep.

Setup 4-5 6 hour missions for over night.

You don't need to do anything and it runs in the background.

I have already got it up to about 55% total in a few days (2 days or so)

It is a slow grind but at least it can run when the gamer (me) has to sleep.

Setup 4-5 6 hour missions for over night.

You don't need to do anything and it runs in the background.

Yeah, I do agree it helps, even if it's just a bit. I actually spent a little more time with it upgrading the fleets and having some systems go back up 1% every six hours is actually really helpful. Coupled with playing a round or two of multiplayer every other day and I've got all my systems over 80%. :dance:

Could u do this instead of redeeming online pass? Or is it still required for platinum?

since galactic readiness is stored on your EA account, I don't think you can get Defender without an online pass. unless the game actually allows you to connect to EA without the pass.

Yeah, I do agree it helps, even if it's just a bit. I actually spent a little more time with it upgrading the fleets and having some systems go back up 1% every six hours is actually really helpful. Coupled with playing a round or two of multiplayer every other day and I've got all my systems over 80%. :dance:

actually, the quickest way to farm readiness using the app, is by doing the shortest missions. 6hr long missions yields most money per hour, but grants least readiness % per hour. the 1hr missions are the opposite, least money, but most readiness.

if you don't mind "babysitting" your iOS devices, it doesn't take much effort to check it every hour...

I am currently at over 63% in all areas and have yet to play MP online.

Have played the money making 6 hour ones and buying all upgrades which are maxed , just need to make 5,000 more to get the 5th fleet and then can run 1 hour missions in each area at the same time.

My guess is that it takes about 4-5 days to max out the upgrades, which also speeds up missions, the 6 hour ones turn into 5 hour.

Edited by ecto69
Typos

Once you upgrade all the stats, you get another stat to upgrade (first upgrade cost $500,000) which tells you that it will greatly increase your galactic readiness. I've only been using the app and I'm up to 70% in all areas without playing multiplayer. I'm an old school single player only type of gamer so this app has been a life saver for me.

I am currently at over 63% in all areas and have yet to play MP online.

Have played the money making 6 hour ones and buying all upgrades which are maxed , just need to make 5,000 more to get the 5th fleet and then can run 1 hour missions in each area at he same time.

My guess is that I takes about 4-5 days to max out the upgrades, which also speeds up missions, the 6 hour ones turn into 5 hour.

as long as you're logging into Origin, you'll lose 1% readiness rating every 6hrs... so running 6hr missions isn't really that effective. the key for boosting readiness is 1hr missions.

don't bother with shields/time/bonus upgrades, run 6hr upgrades until you max out your fleet. after that, farm 1hr missions whenever you can babysit the device, only run 6hr ones before bedtime :p use the leftover cash on other upgrades as you see fit.

I've purchased all upgrades, apart from the advanced ones (starting at $500,000)... and they are not really worth the credits. I still get a broken ship every now and then, and 6hr missions are ~5:30.

If you have your PS3 off for say 1 week (or even 1 day)

and do not run the App for the same amount of time, does the % readiness drop still or is it static?

on the app I have noticed it drop even when it is running but not in that part of space. Or is the drop based on the fact that I am connected on the PS3 to the servers?

The App needs to always be connected to the internet to run, and seems to also require a login. not 100% confirmed yet

If you have your PS3 off for say 1 week (or even 1 day)

and do not run the App for the same amount of time, does the % readiness drop still or is it static?

on the app I have noticed it drop even when it is running but not in that part of space. Or is the drop based on the fact that I am connected on the PS3 to the servers?

The App needs to always be connected to the internet to run, and seems to also require a login. not 100% confirmed yet

when I was on PS3 playing MP on and off, I certainly noticed the % deterioration every few hours, when I return to the game's main menu, because I was connected to PSN all the time.

but in another thread, someone else informed me that once you reach 100% GRR, you can go play SP offline and keep that 100%, as long as your console doesn't login to Origin. that makes sense to me.

and yes, the iOS apps need constant internet connection. there is no way to bypass that requirement, making it impossible to farm/maintain GRR % offline. even though I've been constantly farming every sector within the app, I can still see natural deterioration in all sectors.

so it's obvious that GRR % is stored on Origin servers, but only gets applied to your SP game when you connect to Origin on PS3. without doing any actual testing, I would say by logic, GRR % will deteriorate on its own, even if you don't login anywhere.

Edited by CatNZ

what's the best way to farm the GRR then? i'm on about 56% on each sector with 4 fleets and most upgrades bought. i don't want to be playing the multiplayer for hours because i don't like it and prefer the SP.

If you are using the iPad datapad app, run 1 hour missions once you have 5 fleets and if you want to leave it for a bit longer run either 3 or 5 hour missions

repeat this until you reach 100% or close. once you are almost at 100% go to the game and go to the war room and access the screen.

best guess you need 5 fleets running as in one hour your 100% drops to 99.x

it took me 6-7 days running it close to 24 hours per day.

what's the best way to farm the GRR then? i'm on about 56% on each sector with 4 fleets and most upgrades bought. i don't want to be playing the multiplayer for hours because i don't like it and prefer the SP.

I started farming at ~60% GRR, so wasn't that much ahead of you. got it up to 100% in about 4 days, and I wasn't always paying attention to the app either. it's possible to get it done under 3 days if you're really keen!

general idea is that 6hr mission yields most credits per hour, 1hr missions yields most GRR per hour. you start off with 3 ships, but 5 sectors.

so stick with 6hr missions until you have all 5 ships. then keep running 1hr missions whenever you can babysit the app... only run 6hr/3hr missions if you're sleeping or busy.

Edited by CatNZ

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I just started Mass Effect 3 and I am on the Normandy after the first Citadel visit. I have about 53-55% completed in each section on the Mass Effect Datapad, but when I check my war computer on my ship, it says I am at 50% and I cannot connect since I don't have an online pass.

I thought I would be able to avoid purchasing an online pass (my significant other has already played the game and used the pass) and STILL get a platinum, but it looks like I need an online pass to get ME3 to import my ME datapad info to the main game.

Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, it kinda sucks, since I don't want to shell out another 10 dollars (on a pretty tight budget at the moment).

Any help would be appreciated. I am playing on ps3 so if I just need to log-in to origin from ME3, please let me know what menu to go to.

Thanks!

This was how I got my readiness up as well since I don't like playing mp either. I would do 1 section at a time though as it is much quicker that way. Either way once you have all the upgrades and are at 100% in each theater, maintenance is super easy. There are 5 theaters with 5 ships and the 1 hour missions each give you just under 3% once fully upgraded. You just need to run it twice a day at that point. Once in the am and then one in the evening. I would collect my second set right before playing so my readiness was always at 100% while playing sp. Went in to the final fight at over 7000 total readiness on insanity this way.