Tips for Unlocking and Upgrading Weapons/Mods in Multiplayer

Wreckon Dracgon

Hopefully this will help some folks out in understanding how those Recruit, Veteran, and Spectre work.

Firstly until you have unlocked and upgraded nearly all your basic, and uncommon weapons it is pointless in buying Veteran and Spectre Crates.

Once you have those items up to level X then you can start buying Veteran packs. All told there is no reason to buy a Spectre pack. Here's why?

You can spend 60,000 credits on one Spectre pack and come away with

5 - Medi Gel

5 - Survival Ops

5 - Cobra Missiles

Cryo/Disruptor/Inferno/Warp Ammo III

Hornet Weapon or Upgrade II-X

For that same 60,000 in credits you can by 12 Recruit packs and come away with...

12 - Medi Gel

12 - Survival Ops

12 - Cobra Missiles

12 - Cryo/Disruptor/Inferno/Warp Ammo

12 - Upgrades/Unlocks to Weapons and Characters

Trying to get upgrades for my Black Widow and Geth Shotgun I brought enough damn Spectre crates only to get nothing enough times to advise against it. Trust me you get much better equipment once you have all those Avengers, Shruiken, Eviscerator, Viper, Mattock, etc... up to level X and you are no longer getting those upgrades.

After you have those upgrades buying Veteran packs are still the way to go... remember they guarantee an uncommon card, but there is a chance for a rare card. So if you have your uncommon items maxed you'll receive rare items.

Plus again for the price of one Spectre pack you can get three Veteran packs which again means

9 - Medi Gel

9 - Survival Ops

9 - Cobra Missiles

3 - Cryo/Disruptor/Inferno/Warp Ammo II

3 - Upgrades/Unlocks to Weapons and Characters

Edited by Wreckon Dracgon

That's wrong. You will still receive uncommon items even if you have them upgraded to the highest level.
I've purchased a ton of crates since getting my Avenger, Eviscerator, etc... to level X and since then I've not received duplicates of those cards. Besides ammo, medi-gel, capacity upgrades and character unlocks I've not received any duplicates.

beating gold gives 72k not hard to beat if you set it to enemies and map your great at

plus scorpion is rare rare

i only got level 1 and my friend has level 2

Indeed it is, I've found two Quarian Inflitrators, a Quarian Engineer, and Sentinel are great for Geth.

Sentinel, 2 Battlefield 3 Soliders, and Quarian Engineer are great against the Reapers.

And for Cerberus, four Asari Adepts (max stasis) are just deadly. Their ability to just destroy those Engineers, Phantoms and Snipers just kills, and for those Mechs... four Warp and Throw combos are just awesomeness.

Plus picking the right weapons can keep your power recharge at 200% which helps greatly on Gold.

Indeed it is, I've found two Quarian Inflitrators, a Quarian Engineer, and Sentinel are great for Geth.

Sentinel, 2 Battlefield 3 Soliders, and Quarian Engineer are great against the Reapers.

And for Cerberus, four Asari Adepts (max stasis) are just deadly. Their ability to just destroy those Engineers, Phantoms and Snipers just kills, and for those Mechs... four Warp and Throw combos are just awesomeness.

Plus picking the right weapons can keep your power recharge at 200% which helps greatly on Gold.

I've yet to encounter BF3 Soldiers, and I'm curious as to how they're obtained. I bought the Limited Edition, but only received the early access to the demo.

From what I have read, they are only obtainable on PC and XBOX360

Correct. A friend has them. I told them how hard the multiplayer was compared to the single player and he said that he had no trouble with even gold because of the BF3 class, thanks to the Carnage power. If you have someone like a human engineer that can incinerate, have them cast it on someone in the middle of a group then cast carnage and you have a high chance of blowing everyone in that group up. Fucking ridiculous that something like this is exclusive. Hate that crap.

Good tips for someone just starting to get in on multiplayer. Was worried I'd have to trudge through a few missions with an underequipped character in order to save up enough to get a decent pack.

Just picking up the starter packs though it seems like they all contain mostly single-use items, an upgrade, and a new weapon/character. Is that how it always is or is it chance-based? As in, do you sometimes get 2+ weapons/upgrades in a pack if you're lucky?

I am glad this thread exists. I was going to start one on this exact topic.

I too am purchasing only the Recruitment pack (5000) each time and thus far I have received: (just the highlights)

Drell Adept (with 50,000 Class XP)

Quarian Infiltrator (with 50,000 Class XP)

Asari Vanguard (with 50,000 Class XP)

Salarian Engineer (with 12,500 Class XP)

I have also gotten the Incisor, Mantis, & Viper sniper rifles. (Though perhaps one of those was on the single Veteran pack I have purchased)

On the single Spectre pack I saved up for, I received a Claymore shotgun as my Rare (hardly worth it if you ask me, a Level 1 Claymore, or practically any other weapon at Level 1, is useless on Gold difficulty)

I bought 1 Equipment pack as well and that was just single-use mods.

So I agree, Recruitment Packs (& lots of ‘em) until you have just about every Uncommon then on to Veteran Packs.

I too have yet to receive a duplicate item (other than upgrading levels for my Avenger).

They have a new pack out for 33,000 credits. You get two uncommons in the pack and have a chance to get two rares.

"Advanced Hardware and training for experienced operatives looking for an edge."

Includes 5 random items or characters, with at least 2 Uncommons or better and higher chance for rares.

Edited by dividedbyn1ght

a quick MP noob question :p if say I already have the maximum medi-gels I can carry into a game, what happens to the extra medi-gels I get from buying the packs? do they get added to a stockpile? or are the extras wasted?

same applies to other limited in-game consumables... I've been afraid to use them :p

They get added to your stockpile. Go to equipment and it will show you how many of each you have.

They have a new pack out for 33,000 credits. You get two uncommons in the pack and have a chance to get two rares.

"Advanced Hardware and training for experienced operatives looking for an edge."

Includes 5 random items or characters, with at least 2 Uncommons or better and higher chance for rares.

The new premium veteran packs feel like a good deal. I bought 3 so far and 2 of them had rares. I am hoping that the rate for rares is around 30-40%. 1 pack I bought had 2 uncommons (1 weapon and 1 weapon mod) and a rare (reverent). The only downside is that there is only 1 supply card so if you tend to use your supplies a lot like medi gels you might feel a pinch down the road if you just buy these packs. Another possible may be that it is impossible to get N7 gear.

On another note, if you buy recruit packs and max out all weapons, you will still very commonly receive human class cards, even for ones that you maxed out all of the appearance unlocks. Too bad it doesn't start giving you uncommon weapons more frequently. I don't have all of the common weapon mods and 10 human appearance unlocks yet, but I don't want to waste 5,000 credits on possible repeats.

Edited by MacrossFan
Adding more info

Just purchased another premium veteran pack and got 2 rares, the geth pulse rifle (now lvl 2) and the arc pistol. It feels like the chance for rares for this pack is very good, making the premium veteran pack a very good buy. I wonder how long it will last.

Just purchased another premium veteran pack and got 2 rares, the geth pulse rifle (now lvl 2) and the arc pistol. It feels like the chance for rares for this pack is very good, making the premium veteran pack a very good buy. I wonder how long it will last.

Yea, I got two characters in one premium veteran pack. I didn't have either of the two I got.

Edited by dividedbyn1ght

I hate the whole randomness of these packs. I really wish I could just buy whichever items I wanted and not have to bother wading through all shit I unlock. Been trying to get the Falcon assault rifle and Paladin pistol for the longest time, it sucks shelling out 60,000 for a Spectre pack only to get some crappy SMG that I don't want.

I hate the whole randomness of these packs. I really wish I could just buy whichever items I wanted and not have to bother wading through all shit I unlock. Been trying to get the Falcon assault rifle and Paladin pistol for the longest time, it sucks shelling out 60,000 for a Spectre pack only to get some crappy SMG that I don't want.

If I could give you my Falcon, I would. I have no use for it and don't need it.

I managed to pick up a Falcon in this special 33k pack that has been mentioned. Another of this pack I bought contained a Salarian engineer and a Quarian infiltrator, neither of which I had yet. I haven't had much luck until then unlocking the other races.

Thank you for this thread. I've bought a number of Spectre kits and been mostly disappointed, though I got 3 rares in one pack once.

I'll now buy a ton of 5k packs to upgrade my basic gear and hope for a few rares.

Question: What determines the amount of credits earned after a match? I've really only played Bronze and get around 15k after a completed match. I played a Silver and we lost after round 3 but got no credits. So just wondering what determines credits. Are they just earned on the waves with goals? (I just realized this is probably the case)

Thank you for this thread. I've bought a number of Spectre kits and been mostly disappointed, though I got 3 rares in one pack once.

I'll now buy a ton of 5k packs to upgrade my basic gear and hope for a few rares.

Question: What determines the amount of credits earned after a match? I've really only played Bronze and get around 15k after a completed match. I played a Silver and we lost after round 3 but got no credits. So just wondering what determines credits. Are they just earned on the waves with goals? (I just realized this is probably the case)

Completing objectives is where you start getting the credits.

The starting weapons are easy to rank up to X with recruit packs. They have the benefit of being the lightest weapons around and getting them to their highest ranks will increase their damage by quite a bit. My Mantis X has close to the same damage as my Widow I while also being much lighter (helps keep my Salarian Infiltrator cooldown very low). Unlocking races will be difficult since recruit packs have a low chance for uncommons and the races are either uncommon or rare unlocks. The only race I unlocked with the recruit pack was a turian soldier.

You earn credits by completing objectives on the 3rd, 6th, and 10th rounds. Most of the credits you can earn in a match will come from the 10th round. You get about 15K in bronze, 30K in silver, and 70K in gold. You get a time bonus that depends on how fast you complete the objective. My Salarian Infiltrator excels at the target assassinations and object disarms because I can cloak and run around the map with impunity. I hate the hacking missions because the game can royally screw you over by placing it in a difficult-to-defend position and have hard hitting enemies spawn near the objective.

I plan to farm credits so if anyone is interested watch this vid and send me a friend request if you are up for it. mkvsdcfighter

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOqcNOLOMps&feature=g-u-u&context=G298ef2bFUAAAAAAAAAA]Mass Effect 3 Infinite Credits Glitch - YouTube[/ame]