which one did you find harder on insanity ME2 or ME3

halo22

Starting from scratch in ME2 was actually recommended.

ME3 is harder because the enemies actually go around your cover or throw grenade while in ME2, when you found a cover, you are pretty safe and just kill 1 by 1 the enemies since they will stay in their spot and they only had flash grenade.

all I have to say is WOW........ mass effect 3 IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY easier with a ME2+ME3 import meaning a lvl 55+ with level 5 minimum wepons. and I use infiltrator so the only good perks were incinerate and sabotage, hate using cloak, doesn't make the battle seem fair.

mass effect 2 has like 3-4 rage spots meanwhile mass effect 3 had like 2 at most. but then again banshees are a bitch!

Edited by Pure_Breed-1

I breezed through ME2 insanity to such an extent that I actually double checked the difficulty a few times to make sure it hadnt accidentally been changed. Me3 though was a real battle sometimes, which is what I wanted really. Grenades especially made it tough; the amount of times I was hiding behind a small amount of cover while enemies were on all sides and then a grenade gets thrown its like arghhh

Banshees and Phantoms didnt help either. Phantoms did a ridiculous amount of damage. The final fight with the ninja guy had me cursing at my television due to all the phantoms suddenly dropping out of nowhere.

ME3 is MUCH harder, mostly because of the different enemies. Banshees are particularly brutal, especially with their one shot kill if they grab you. Grenades also make staying in cover for long periods impossible, and if one blows up too close, you're dead regardless of your shields and full health.

Most of it was not too bad, but certain points are insane. Kai Lang gave me fits for some reason, especially when the Phantoms got thrown at you. Some of the end periods with multiple Banshees and Brutes were frustrating too. It's manageable though, and pretty damn rewarding when you get through it.

Both of them were pretty average as far as difficulty.

I think ME2 was easier though because there wasn't much that would break your cover except for harbinger.

In ME3 you have to worry about grenades, banshees, brutes and phantoms. The enemies seem to be more aggresive with flanking as well.

So yeah, ME2 was easier, but anyone with a bit of shooter experience should be able to make it through insanity in either game.

I'm finding ME3 a hell of a lot easier - maybe I've just managed to get my character set up very well and I'm taking two squad members with me that suit my play style a lot.

Sentinel, plus EDI & Liara mostly - good mix of powers, when an enemy gets in too close you can zap them with singularity, works with all enemies except the "bosses" and has a 6sec recharge time. :applause:

I never finished ME2 on Insanity, because I didn't do New Game+ there and gave up on a few timed sequences in the early missions: sitting in cover and taking out enemies was no problem, but going forward in a race against the clock was a bit frustrating.

Now that I'm playing as a Sentinel in ME3 and I'm getting to the point where my most important abilities have about a 1 second cooldown so I can spam like crazy... I think I will not only give NG+ Insanity a try for this game, but I might go back to ME2 NG+ Insanity. I have a feeling I could get through the parts that were giving me trouble in ME2's Insanity if I have access to maxed out abilities.

I'm finding ME3 a hell of a lot easier - maybe I've just managed to get my character set up very well and I'm taking two squad members with me that suit my play style a lot.

Sentinel, plus EDI & Liara mostly - good mix of powers, when an enemy gets in too close you can zap them with singularity, works with all enemies except the "bosses" and has a 6sec recharge time. :applause:

My concussion shot as a soldier gets charged in 2 seconds :dance:

Imported my Lv.30 infiltrator female Shephard from ME2 and started on insanity, even with full weapon damage upgrade and cryo/disruptor ammo was much more difficult then the 2nd game. My Black Widow V does insane high damage on everything with warp/overload/incinarate support, the rest was skill. Kai Leng was a difficult opponent.

In overall ME 3 is hard on insanity, more and tougher enemies , they allways trying to flank you, not like they did in Me2. In Me3 the partners are very useful, in the final assault i used them only for the warp/overload/incinarate spells and for enemy distraction.

ME3 was hard to get through on insanity, but ME2 was harder in my opinion.

But none of the games were that hard.

ME3 I could just spam every ability I had easily every 2 seconds and the party AI was pretty good, most of the times.

I haven't played ME2 for a while, But tactics had a bigger part and every enemy had barrier and/or shield in ME2 than they had in ME3 if you ask me

Edited by Griever_Zero