How common are freezing problems?

Berny18

I was planning to start ME3 today.

But now that I read of troubles like freezing, bugs, lost or corrupted files, etc. I am unsure whether I should play this game.

My main question would be how common freezes are? I liked ME1 and ME2 (both played on XBox360), but ME3 would not be worth killing my PS3 ...

Will it be safer to play offline so that I don´t need to patch? (Although this will only work up to the point when I go after defender and the other trophy for bringing enough war assets ...)

Thanks for any answers / personal experiences / advices!!!

I was planning to start ME3 today.

But now that I read of troubles like freezing, bugs, lost or corrupted files, etc. I am unsure whether I should play this game.

My main question would be how common freezes are? I liked ME1 and ME2 (both played on XBox360), but ME3 would not be worth killing my PS3 ...

Will it be safer to play offline so that I don´t need to patch? (Although this will only work up to the point when I go after defender and the other trophy for bringing enough war assets ...)

Thanks for any answers / personal experiences / advices!!!

To me the freezes aren't common, they are rare. I do get kicked from the game servers every once in a while. No other issue for me. Multiplayer and single player work good.

For me first freeze was within under 10 hours of play (not continuous) iirc it was around 5-7 hour mark as shown by the save file progress. (FYI ME2 did not start crashing until much later in the game progress)

then the 2nd one was about 10-20 hours of game time later.

For Bioware games in the ME world freezes are very common.

Mind you ME3 seems to be a bit better then ME2 which had a serious memory leak after 1-2 hours of play.

Heard that the 1.02 patch added more freezes , not confirmed yet.

I recommend having PSN+ so you can back your profile/data which contains all your multi-item trophy progress (those that need 10/10 kills and 1000/1000 kills etc of a certain type)

Also recommend USB backup or PSN+ of save data file.

It does not matter how many manual saves you have as they are all part of the same data folder and if one of them corrupts they all go in one shot. This is not confirmed in ME3 yet just based on ME2 PS3 version.

Also if indeed ME3 is based on the NEW Unreal engine that was beta tested in ME2 then it does not play nice with PS3.

Thanks everyone!

I think I try it out anyway.

As long as it doesn´t kill my PS 3 I will be fine ...

The stat reset thing sounds awful; but seeing the trophy list I am not sure whether I get the Platinum anyway (Unwavering, the level trophies - i dont have a character to import so i will start at lvl 1, etc. - can be tricky I guess).

Thanks everyone!

I think I try it out anyway.

As long as it doesn´t kill my PS 3 I will be fine ...

The stat reset thing sounds awful; but seeing the trophy list I am not sure whether I get the Platinum anyway (Unwavering, the level trophies - i dont have a character to import so i will start at lvl 1, etc. - can be tricky I guess).

it won't kill your ps3, I've had 5-7 random freezing, none in the citadel freeze spot though. but then again I play it like 4-6 hours at a time......

The freezes tend to be the same for most people, the citadel or mars mission. To avoid freezing, press the PS button when a new area is loading. Then, the loading will finish and you will get a black screen, leave the PS button menu and the area should be loaded fine.

So, this is what I do: Play a certain mission or go to an area. Press the PS button. Wait for the area to load. Press the button again to continue playing.

Thanks everyone!

I started nevertheless, no freezes during the first evening, but yesterday I had my first black screen freeze ... and of course during the Hanar Diplomat sidequest! (Between Terminal 1 and 2)

Was able to finish the quest after reloading, now I hope it will run smooth again.