Final charge, on Insanity..

Multitasking

Seriously..... 3 husks and a marauder and you have a pistol...

20 tries and still no luck.. can't even damage that final marauder...

Anyone got some decent advice/tips for the very last marauder on Insanity?

Playing a level 60 adept. Though at that part there's nothing you can do to take more damage, two shots from that marauder and you die. I'm talking about the very very last enemy before you go to pick your ending.

Edited by Multitasking

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hard to say since you don't say which partners you have, and I have no idea what abilities a Adept has.

Took a look on the ME wiki to see what abilities Adepts has but I have no idea on how I would use them, so here are some ideas instead.

Doing a spoiler tag to be safe.

[spoiler=ID] Guessing your preparing the missiles to launch against the Reaper, so here are some ideas if you have any of these chars.

-Liara use Singularity on Husks, it has a fast Cooldown and can make 2-3 husks fly depending on your upgrades.

-If Adepts can upgraded the same way as Liara (cutting cooldowns) you should be able to throw a Singularity every 2 seconds.

-EDI, Garrus or Kaiden has overload, if you have upgraded it in damage it should take the marauders shield away the moment it hits, that is if it hits.

overload hits where you aim, so aim at your target in tactical pause mode (or whatever its called).

-Kaiden have Cryo Blast which should be able to freeze the husks (have no idea since I had Ashley).

-Ashley and Garrus have Concussive Shot which have an okay cooldown. Should throw Marauders of the feet for a few seconds if they don't have any shield.

My way to take down enemies on Insanity

-Husks: if there aren't many you should be able to Heavy melee it and a normal melee attack after the Heavy melee - should result in killing the husk. It won't work if there are multiple husks since they will hit you while doing the Heavy melee.

-Marauders: Get that shield away from the and headshoot them, grenades if they deal anough damage. Just anything the can secure a fast kill without to much damage to yourself

-Brutes: Well your gonna meet 4-5 at the same time after the first missile has been launched. Run around and spam all Abilities that can hit good on armor. I don't think there was any other enemies when the brutes come.

So it should be safe to run around and avoiding them, remember to command your partners away with you or else they die quickly.

-Banshees: Get the barrier away and kill em fast if you can. overload hits well on the Barries and then abilities the hit armor while keeping your distance and are able to move into cover quickly if they throw the Damage-over-time Ball.

-THE FINAL WAVE: I don't remember if there appears any banshees after the first missile has launched, but there are 2 in the last wave before the 2nd missile can fire.

I just ran around in this part keep getting over in the different cover areas and avoiding the beam from the Reaper. My best movement plan was like this.

If you are in the Building to the left of the first missile launcher (there is also a Rocket launcher and a medic pack here) Move over to the building on the right side of the missile launcher when the banshees come inside the building (a medic in this building as well).

After you shield is up and health is up run in the direction the Reaper is.

Run over to either the phone booth or the fallen concrete cover to the right of the 2nd missile launcher.

Health and Shield up, run into the building on the left side of the 2nd Missile launcher (I think there was a medic pack here too) and wait till you shield and health is up.

When the banshee appears inside the building or the marauders come close you should have received the message that you can fire the 2nd missile launcher. Run out of the safest exit in that building and hurry and push that damn button.

Wave done without any kills.

You teammates should take some of the heat off ya when you use med packs to heal youself and you can use they abilities to aid you if the enemies get a bit to close.

Hope this can help is some way

Edited by Griever_Zero

Well hard to say since you don't say which partners you have, and I have no idea what abilities a Adept has.

Took a look on the ME wiki to see what abilities Adepts has but I have no idea on how I would use them, so here are some ideas instead.

Doing a spoiler tag to be safe.

[spoiler=ID] Guessing your preparing the missiles to launch against the Reaper, so here are some ideas if you have any of these chars.

-Liara use Singularity on Husks, it has a fast Cooldown and can make 2-3 husks fly depending on your upgrades.

-If Adepts can upgraded the same way as Liara (cutting cooldowns) you should be able to throw a Singularity every 2 seconds.

-EDI, Garrus or Kaiden has overload, if you have upgraded it in damage it should take the marauders shield away the moment it hits, that is if it hits.

overload hits where you aim, so aim at your target in tactical pause mode (or whatever its called).

-Kaiden have Cryo Blast which should be able to freeze the husks (have no idea since I had Ashley).

-Ashley and Garrus have Concussive Shot which have an okay cooldown. Should throw Marauders of the feet for a few seconds if they don't have any shield.

My way to take down enemies on Insanity

-Husks: if there aren't many you should be able to Heavy melee it and a normal melee attack after the Heavy melee - should result in killing the husk. It won't work if there are multiple husks since they will hit you while doing the Heavy melee.

-Marauders: Get that shield away from the and headshoot them, grenades if they deal anough damage. Just anything the can secure a fast kill without to much damage to yourself

-Brutes: Well your gonna meet 4-5 at the same time after the first missile has been launched. Run around and spam all Abilities that can hit good on armor. I don't think there was any other enemies when the brutes come.

So it should be safe to run around and avoiding them, remember to command your partners away with you or else they die quickly.

-Banshees: Get the barrier away and kill em fast if you can. overload hits well on the Barries and then abilities the hit armor while keeping your distance and are able to move into cover quickly if they throw the Damage-over-time Ball.

-THE FINAL WAVE: I don't remember if there appears any banshees after the first missile has launched, but there are 2 in the last wave before the 2nd missile can fire.

I just ran around in this part keep getting over in the different cover areas and avoiding the beam from the Reaper. My best movement plan was like this.

If you are in the Building to the left of the first missile launcher (there is also a Rocket launcher and a medic pack here) Move over to the building on the right side of the missile launcher when the banshees come inside the building (a medic in this building as well).

After you shield is up and health is up run in the direction the Reaper is.

Run over to either the phone booth or the fallen concrete cover to the right of the 2nd missile launcher.

Health and Shield up, run into the building on the left side of the 2nd Missile launcher (I think there was a medic pack here too) and wait till you shield and health is up.

When the banshee appears inside the building or the marauders come close you should have received the message that you can fire the 2nd missile launcher. Run out of the safest exit in that building and hurry and push that damn button.

Wave done without any kills.

You teammates should take some of the heat off ya when you use med packs to heal youself and you can use they abilities to aid you if the enemies get a bit to close.

Hope this can help is some way

Dude, he's already past that point...

Seriously..... 3 husks and a marauder and you have a pistol...

20 tries and still no luck.. can't even damage that final marauder...

Anyone got some decent advice/tips for the very last marauder on Insanity?

Playing a level 60 adept. Though at that part there's nothing you can do to take more damage, two shots from that marauder and you die. I'm talking about the very very last enemy before you go to pick your ending.

All i can say to you is keep trying and go for headshot. There's nothing else you can do since there no powers you can use.

lol I thought I was the only one who had a problem with this had to do it atleast 5 times. I was tired by now just done kaleng and earth back to back and just wanted it to be over.

but go for a headshot then body shots dont miss or your done for

Yah not sure why the smaller bosses or enemies are always tougher then the BIG BOSSES.

I have yet to do anything other then Mars on Insane so no idea what I will have in store.

that's cuz they have alot of support lol

but it's not that hard really...... not all shots have to be headshots but the majority do. I missed him twice and still took him down

I think it doesn't matter what level your character is on that part of the game.

Just try aiming so that almost every bullet hits them. I use the very highest speed for the aiming from the beginning of the game, i like fast aiming. Around 3 shots / husk and 10-15 ?? shots for maraduer, if u hit the maraduer, it will dizzy so u can keep shooting him more.

For all you having difficulity with this, don't use L1 to aim. It's a lot eaiser without it.

I tried about 10 times using L1 and didn't get close to killing him...without L1 I got him on the second attempt. :whistle:

Edited by tidus1199

Got it 2nd try.

Tips:

-Anticipate the spawn of the Marauder and stop moving immediately, aim for the head.

-Successful headshots will stagger the target, don't miss at this point.

-Once he recovers from the stagger dont rush your shots, final a rhythm that ensures accuracy (watch the reticule) and go for head.

Best of luck!

I finally got him, changing the camera/aim speed to low seemed to do it for me, took 4/5 shots total with 1 or 2 lucky headshots, like others have said it seems he wont fire back as long as all your shots connect.

Good idea. Changing the camera speed might actually help me. I think I've been killed by Marauder Shields about 50 times now.

Good idea. Changing the camera speed might actually help me. I think I've been killed by Marauder Shields about 50 times now.

so far not notice any change when altering the camera speed. At least when I was panning around with either max or min setting. Maybe it helps at the shooting part.

what type of ammo is the default for this part, or is there even a way to check?

and where did my Black Widow disappear to? :think:

They should have a built in safety net, once you fail 50-100 times it gets easier :rolleyes: