So to Platinum this game....

desmayer

Using the datapad, With 5 ships and 3 shifts each you will get at least 15% gross readiness. However you lose 1% every 6 hours and 4% everyday you don't play multiplayer. So this leaves you with a net gain of 7% a day. Also getting the 5 ships isn't that hard and you. can upgrade your ships to gain more readiness and finish missions faster

The multiplayer achievements could be alot worst. Just be glad there is only one, and its actually really easy to get. I played a bunch of games one night and before I knew it I was 80%. Also helps with the other achivements such as the kill ones (and in the case of the overlord or whatnot if you dont make that type of character in single player.)

In addition to the ME3 Datapad app that was already mentioned, you can also play Mass Effect: Infiltrator on your iOS device. You can gather and upload intel during that game that will add to your galactic readiness percentage.

At $6.99, Infiltrator is a bit cheaper than an online pass. ME3 Datapad is free, so it's probably the better choice.

how do you up the readiness using the datapad then?

The galaxy is divided into 5 parts, and each part has three options: a 1-hour option that gives you a bit more than 1% readiness rating and a very small amount of money, a 3-hour option which gives you a bit more of both, and a 5-hour option that gives you the most readiness rating (still only 1.6 or so) and money. If you want to go for money, the 5-hour option is the best. If you´re more interested in getting the readiness rating up as fast as possible, go for the 1-hour option. You can select more than one option from a single area if you want to though, as long as you have enough fleets to deploy.

When you start the ME3 Datapad game you have two fleets to deploy. However, the money you collect can be used to buy upgrades. These upgrades are: More fleets, more readiness rating, less chance of a fleet needing repairs after they completed their mission, and faster completion of the missions. If you bought all these upgrades you´ll have 5 fleets, so you can send a fleet to all 5 areas of the map.

Earlier today I reached 100% on all parts of the map (without playing a single MP game), and as soon as I started up ME3 and it showed the map on the menu screen, the Defender trophy popped.

Edited by Toontje

I also got my GaW map to 100%, it took about 1 week running datapad app 24 hours a day. At first I ran the 5-6 hour missions and upgraded the stats to full on all speed/shields/readiness rating.

I started running the 1 hour events once I had all upgrades and except over night I ran the 5 hour ones.

I was actually in the war room and viewing the war map when my iPad hit 100% on the last section and shortly after that the trophy popped.