Numerous Endings?

kensredemption

I admit that when I started up ME3 I didn't expect the series to end the way it did. Half the time I was playing the game I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, mainly because I wanted things to smoothly for everyone. But, like BioWare said before, things weren't going to end up all happily-ever-after-ish.

I'd heard speculations, however, that there were more than just the 3 endings I've discovered as of yet. Can anyone confirm this? Or is this just a rumor?

There are just 3 endings. There are little things that happen within those 3 endings...but nothing dramatic. I won't spoil anything and I'm too lazy to look up how to put spoiler tags on, but I'm sure someone else will fill in the details. But to solidly answer your question, yes...there are 3 endings and that is all.

Hmm...fair enough then. That's all I needed to know.

[spoiler=masseffect3waswin]

In my third ending, everyone in the galaxy became a synthetic - biological structure with the longevity of a machine - after Shepard sacrificed himself. EDI and Joker all cuddly at the end of it all, with Tali, Garrus and the others slowly coming out of the ship in the end.

Yea, not too exciting really. These are the ones I had and the ones I looked up and that was it....

[spoiler=ME3 Endings]You can either have Anderson get shot (twice) by you and die, kill the Illusive man or have the Illusive man commit suicide. You can "save" Anderson, but he inevitable bleeds out though it's a heartwarming goodbye. That build up has really no effect on the actual endings though. The only 'slight' and I mean slight glimpse of hope is if you destroy the Reapers, your Shepard could live. I choice that ending. Right after the relays explode and such and you see Joker and them land, it goes back to the rubble and you see Shepard breathe in a gasp of breath for a fraction of a second then credits roll.

Oh and your opinion on the decaying state of gaming is insanely spot on. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Edited by warcrycz

there are far more than 3 endings there are 2 specific sets of 8 endings based on what you did in me2. And is determined by how many war assets you have, to get the best ending you need 4k to get the worst you need at least 1750

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

Spoiler-Free Zone

The 16 endings are described below, but spoilers are hidden behind "spoiler tags". Requirements are not hidden. Use this section to plan out additional playthroughs to view every ending.

Edited by dz06lt

Yea, not too exciting really. These are the ones I had and the ones I looked up and that was it....

[spoiler=ME3 Endings]You can either have Anderson get shot (twice) by you and die, kill the Illusive man or have the Illusive man commit suicide. You can "save" Anderson, but he inevitable bleeds out though it's a heartwarming goodbye. That build up has really no effect on the actual endings though. The only 'slight' and I mean slight glimpse of hope is if you destroy the Reapers, your Shepard could live. I choice that ending. Right after the relays explode and such and you see Joker and them land, it goes back to the rubble and you see Shepard breathe in a gasp of breath for a fraction of a second then credits roll.

Oh and your opinion on the decaying state of gaming is insanely spot on. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Hmm...could be BioWare's clever way of recreating the universe. Literally, ha ha ha. :) I should probably strive for that "perfect" ending, no? :D

And yeah, it's a shame that gaming's changed so much in the last decade. It makes me feel like an old man, especially because every so often I'm in my head screaming, "Those damn kids!". D:

I would use that number loosely. I still stand by my statement as there are 3 solid, ok, maybe 4 solid endings with slight variations. Read the "16" endings and you'll soon see that there are not in fact 16 DIFFERENT endings, but very small differences that really hold no grounds for seeing them all. It just feels pitiful really. No matter what you really do throughout the series, it has no REAL effect on the ending. You could start off on ME3 and see an ending just the same as someone who has toiled through the entire series dutifully. I can see people argue both ways, but I stay true to the fact it only has 3/4 endings with miniscule differences. Even so, someone couldn't possible even see all "16" without going above and beyond ME3 and changing certain things throughout and making sure everything lines up...or the power of youtube.

Edited by warcrycz

there are far more than 3 endings there are 2 specific sets of 8 endings based on what you did in me2. And is determined by how many war assets you have, to get the best ending you need 4k to get the worst you need at least 1750

Endings - Mass Effect 3 Wiki Guide - IGN

Thanks for the link. I'll go for the very last one, since that's pretty much where I am right now. Ha ha ha.

basically you have 3 options for the ending and those have 16 variations and it depends of your EMS, and 1 additional ending for New Game+ put i havent seen if the new game+ ending is true

This is true. My understanding is that the EMS number determines which of the 3 choices you are presented with at the end, as well as the outcome of the decision. But in all reality, the differences are very small and almost negligible. Over on the Bioware forums there has been LENGTHY discussion about the ending, and some interesting theories that seem to suggest an interesting twist to the final 20 mins of the game. I won't spoil anything there, but the theory seems pretty legit to me. Here is a link to the discussion regarding it. and of course, it is in a SPOILER forum so you have been warned:

Interesting Theory on the End

As for the "secret" ending, you can get it either by playing through twice, or importing a ME2 save and beating ME3 the single time. It's a scene after the credits that really isn't all that impressive IMO.

Edited by NeoMan555

This is true. My understanding is that the EMS number determines which of the 3 choices you are presented with at the end, as well as the outcome of the decision. But in all reality, the differences are very small and almost negligible. Over on the Bioware forums there has been LENGTHY discussion about the ending, and some interesting theories that seem to suggest an interesting twist to the final 20 mins of the game. I won't spoil anything there, but the theory seems pretty legit to me. Here is a link to the discussion regarding it. and of course, it is in a SPOILER forum so you have been warned:

Interesting Theory on the End

As for the "secret" sending, you can get it either by playing through twice, or importing a ME2 save and beating ME3 the single time. It's a scene after the credits that really isn't all that impressive IMO.

ohh that scene is "the secret ending"? then i got it and its crap

As for the "secret" ending, you can get it either by playing through twice, or importing a ME2 save and beating ME3 the single time. It's a scene after the credits that really isn't all that impressive IMO.

Ah thanks for clarifying that. Add that to the list of let downs for the ending. But at least I know now that is the "secret" ending.

• 2 weeks later...