Has anyone ever noticed that...

Metalboy921

...Gay people are EVERYWHERE in this game! Not that there's anything wrong with that honestly, but holy crap they are everywhere. There's a couple on the crew, and at least 3 or 4 you hear talking to random people on the Citadel. Has anyone else noticed this? I've never seen it so prevalent in this kind of game... kind of interesting.

I think Bioware might ahve overdone the gay part in the game. I have nothing against gays at all. But this really is a bit over the extreme. A few here and there would be alright. But they are everywhere you go on the citadel.

Its cool that Bioware are saying, gay in games is rare, and is alright. But there was no reason to overdo it :p

Edited by Rawanz

...Gay people are EVERYWHERE in this game! Not that there's anything wrong with that honestly, but holy crap they are everywhere. There's a couple on the crew, and at least 3 or 4 you hear talking to random people on the Citadel. Has anyone else noticed this? I've never seen it so prevalent in this kind of game... kind of interesting.

Really? :think: I only remember Cortez is one and the other was a couple in Citadel but that was about it..

Well, to be honest, it isn't much different from real life. Just because BioWare's given them more of a voice doesn't really change anything.

yeah it is actually

However if you are correct it seems that they have taken the MTV approach by making sure you know they are out there, and sadly in greater quantity vs population then there is in reality.

Like i said "IF" he is correct.

aparently you didnt read my post...

No, I definitely did. But if you're comparing the game to the "MTV version" of how gay people are, then I would say that your view/experience on the reality of how gay people live is very sheltered.

And, I'm pretty sure that olsen mentioned that he didn't notice much gay people in the game. Which I am in agreement with. And that's definitely different than the "MTV style" of in-your-face homsexuality.

No, I definitely did. But if you're comparing the game to the "MTV version" of how gay people are, then I would say that your view/experience on the reality of how gay people live is very sheltered.

And, I'm pretty sure that olsen mentioned that he didn't notice much gay people in the game. Which I am in agreement with. And that's definitely different than the "MTV style" of in-your-face homsexuality.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, can you read?

yeah i agree with olsen i havent heard or seen anything other than Cortez. However if you are correct it seems that they have taken the MTV approach by making sure you know they are out there, and sadly in greater quantity vs population then there is in reality.
Edited by dz06lt

There are two openly gay people on the Normandy (that I know of so far...) one couple in the Presidium, another one in the Embassies... I'm tellin ya, just listen to people talk and you'll see what I mean... But I must reiterate, I have no problem with anyone, it's just interesting to see it so prominently in a game. (Lucky post #666 haha)

You can't count relationships with Asari as homosexual since no male/female gender when it comes to Asari, they only use the female tense because it is easier for the other races to understand based on appearance.

As for the amount of homosexual relationships in the game, maybe it's because I come from a big city but 4 relationships out of all the people you run across is not a large number. It's actually statistically speaking extremely small.

You can't count relationships with Asari as homosexual since no male/female gender when it comes to Asari, they only use the female tense because it is easier for the other races to understand based on appearance.

As for the amount of homosexual relationships in the game, maybe it's because I come from a big city but 4 relationships out of all the people you run across is not a large number. It's actually statistically speaking extremely small.

I wasn't counting an Asari in to the equation. There's one person in the shuttle bay, one person in the CIC, one couple straight ahead as you get off the elevator in the Presidium, one woman looking for their wife at the counter on the Embassy floor, and one more I can't remember where. Go take a look if no one believes me.

The only thing that annoyed me about this is that I felt they screwed over Kelly Chambers character just so they could have a true lesbian character in Traynor. Not going to give anything away but after saving Kelly and getting her to actualy be my love interest in ME2 I felt like it was a slap in the face the way they told the rest of Kelly's story.

The only thing that annoyed me about this is that I felt they screwed over Kelly Chambers character just so they could have a true lesbian character in Traynor. Not going to give anything away but after saving Kelly and getting her to actualy be my love interest in ME2 I felt like it was a slap in the face the way they told the rest of Kelly's story.

I agree, I was pissed off about the rest of her story too.

I was also disapointed that they changed the way kelly looked in this game

Did someone earlier seriously compare the % of gays in a fictional, intergalactic, multi species world in the future with warping mass relays to the our modern day? :applause: :eek:

Yah I think so. Not sure if the encounters in the Citadel are with aliens or earth humans as I did not pay attention to random dialogs unless there was a popup that added a mission.

My FemShep has no issue making Blue babies :p

I think even Legion was in love with Shepard "There was a hole"

Yah I think so. Not sure if the encounters in the Citadel are with aliens or earth humans as I did not pay attention to random dialogs unless there was a popup that added a mission.

My FemShep has no issue making Blue babies :p

I think even Legion was in love with Shepard "There was a hole"

More than likely... lonely synthetic organism.