List of bugged missions

Jigga82

Please use this thread to list bugged missions

I currently have the luxury of two glitched missions on my insanity playthrough and would like to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar. Currently, Hanar Diplomat is driving me nuts. I am unable to access the first terminal after enabling Embassay tracking. I had left the Citadel to do a few side quests and am now locked out of this mission.

The second issue I have is with the Ismar Frontier: Prototype Componets mission. I have scanned the required planet time and time again but to no avail. I also followed a Youtube guide and am still getting the same results!

Anyone else have these issues?

I've had the same problems with Citadel: Hanar Diplomat. What really bugs me about that is [spoiler=KasumiNogo]that's the mission required to get Kasumi as a War Asset.

I didn't have any problems with the Ismar Frontier one.

Shit I thought I just didn't understand the mission so it looks like that one bugged on me too. Now I can't get off the citadel cuz it freezes everytime I take an elevator ride. Didn't do this until I downloaded the patch.

The Hanar Diplomat mission, I heard, is bugged if you leave the Citadel whilst the mission is active.

I had no problems because I immediately did it.

To get around the elevator problem, I just went from Embassies to Presidium Commons, then from Commons to Refugee camp (D2)

The Hanar Diplomat mission, I heard, is bugged if you leave the Citadel whilst the mission is active.

I had no problems because I immediately did it.

To get around the elevator problem, I just went from Embassies to Presidium Commons, then from Commons to Refugee camp (D2)

Yeah, thats what I figured, too.

And now, I just save everytime before I use the elevator. Haven't had much of a problem.

I'm having trouble with the Dekuuna: Elcor Extraction mission. I have no idea why it glitched on me, but I scan Dekuuna and it's moon, Oltan, and get nothing.

Perhaps you already rescued the team? I rescued them before I even got the mission/sidequest. They appeared in my war assets, so I just left the citadel, returned, and then talked to the Elcor and finished the quest.

• 1 month later...

i know its been awhile since anyone has been on this thread but i figured i ask anyways

the moment i leave earth and head to Mars the game always freezes on me on the Normandy traveling loading screen it has done it three times already and this is after i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game data this started to happen after i began my second playthrough with my ME3 import character.

any help or ideas out there that can help me?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with the side mission, Citadel: Batarian Codes. It says get the Batarian Flag Codes then bring them back to the Batarian at the Citadel Refugee Holding. I got the codes but the Batarian is nowhere to be found.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it?

I'm having trouble with the side mission, Citadel: Batarian Codes. It says get the Batarian Flag Codes then bring them back to the Batarian at the Citadel Refugee Holding. I got the codes but the Batarian is nowhere to be found.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it?

are you sure you have found all the terminals? [spoiler=1]After talking to the girl in the commons to get the mission, there are 4 terminals you need to go to. the first is the spectre terminal up in the embassies, and the last is in the holding docks. After the last terminal is found it initiates the cutscene with a batarian which gives you the opportunity to gain their support.

Im unsure where the other terminals were off the top of my head, but just go floor to floor and check your map once the elevator opens. the terminals will be marked if the mission is still active.

All I can think of is you have a bad disc so try getting a replacement.

Well, that's what I was thinking of, until a bunch of friends that bought the game in different stores experienced the same as me. If it's some kind of issue in disc printing or fabrication, that must have affected a lot of products, cause a lot of people are complaining. That's why I don't think that's the real problem anymore.

are you sure you have found all the terminals?

The problem with the Hanar Diplomat mission is not related to finding the terminals, but to the interaction. The bug or glitch just prevents the game to make the terminals an interactive item. They don't even become highlighted when you approach, as it should.

It has been reported in the IGN Wiki Walkthrough page as a known issue. They say even Bioware is already aware of that and the PC players were taught how to edit their savefiles with an editor to correct the problem. Probably no patch can correct that. We, console users, apparently just have to live with it.

Being on my first playthrough, playing on Insanity difficulty, I pretended to nail the Insanity, Unwavering and Master and Commander trophies, by doing all side missions... Hope the problem with this singular side mission doesn't affect the requisite for that trophy...

Edited by antibes

The problem with the Hanar Diplomat mission is not related to finding the terminals, but to the interaction. The bug or glitch just prevents the game to make the terminals an interactive item. They don't even become highlighted when you approach, as it should.

It has been reported in the IGN Wiki Walkthrough page as a known issue. They say even Bioware is already aware of that and the PC players were taught how to edit their savefiles with an editor to correct the problem. Probably no patch can correct that. We, console users, apparently just have to live with it.

Being on my first playthrough, playing on Insanity difficulty, I pretended to nail the Insanity, Unwavering and Master and Commander trophies, by doing all side missions... Hope the problem with this singular side mission doesn't affect the requisite for that trophy...

Bloodedge was referring to a different mission alltogether. The one you get from the girl npc in the presidium commons, which leads to an encounter with the Batarian at the end that adds to your war assets. Both missions involve searching for terminals, but the hanar mission shows up earlier in the game. consequently, I just finished that mission a few minutes ago.

But, for what its worth, I completed the Hanar diplomat mission (which gives spectre assets) before completing Priority Tuchanka. Which according to the trophy guide is one of those 'point of no return' missions which lock out unfinished side missions. Not sure if your progressed past that yet.

Oh, sorry. Didn't pay attention that you were talking about Bloodedge's post... I'm at the beginning of the game and just completed Tuchanka: Turian Platoon.

I'm experiencing the same bug or glitch Jigga82 related in the first post, with the Hanar Diplomat side mission. Unfortunatelly there is a known issue that prevents the player from accessing the terminals if you don't complete it in the same visit you get the mission.

Leaving the Citadel after starting and without completing it to do any other mission may result in the glitch, making the terminals not accessible after your return.

If you completed without any problem, even after leaving the Citadel to finish it later, you were real lucky, cause a lot of people is complaining.

As I said, PC players now know how to fix it, but by editing the savefile. We, on the other hand, are struggling and waiting for a patch...

• 3 weeks later...