Best Insanity class

NalaCin

Hey all.

I know ME3 have just been release, i was just wondering if the classes in ME3are the same as in ME2.

The most fun i had and easiest playthrough was with soldier and spam Adrenalin, i also have a Sentinel which i loved, but couldnt do insanity with it for some reason..

Are classes the same or ?

And what class did you ppl use or are using ?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing insanity run with Sentinel, it is much diffrent than in ME2 as the tactical armor works bit different. But I reassigned skills so I have as much as possible into shields and health and I went with Blood Dragon Armor

Blood Dragon Armor: Power Recharge Speed +10%, Power Damage + 30%, Shields +20%

and so far is not that bad but it seems I need to put more mind into tactics than in ME2 and manually start team powers. As well I watched few videos of guy doing insanity with Soldier and it seems it was much easier but he plays on PC so again this lowers difficulty

My engineer is on cruise control through Insanity.

Maxed out Chain Overload w/Neural shock decimates every non-armored unit, hits 3 enemies every cast and also knocks them on their asses so they can't fight back. It also drops shields/barriers completely in 1 hit. It only has like a 2 second cooldown with a pistol so its spammable.

My maxed out combat drone draws enemy attention, as well as stuns + adds another body for things to attack. I can summon it on them behind walls to break cover, it makes guardians turn around so I can Overload them to the ground. It makes brutes/banshees/Phantoms attack it so I'm safe. It also has a 1.6 second cooldown so its always up.

My Turret is another body for things to attack, plus it has Cryo ammo and Rockets that do a nice chunk of damage.

I use squad mates and armor that boost my tech damage. Oh yeah, I have incinerate as well for the (very few) armored enemies in the game.

I haven't come across a situation where I didn't have an answer for whatever was thrown at me, and its a blast to play.

My engineer is on cruise control through Insanity.

Maxed out Chain Overload w/Neural shock decimates every non-armored unit, hits 3 enemies every cast and also knocks them on their asses so they can't fight back. It also drops shields/barriers completely in 1 hit. It only has like a 2 second cooldown with a pistol so its spammable.

My maxed out combat drone draws enemy attention, as well as stuns + adds another body for things to attack. I can summon it on them behind walls to break cover, it makes guardians turn around so I can Overload them to the ground. It makes brutes/banshees/Phantoms attack it so I'm safe. It also has a 1.6 second cooldown so its always up.

My Turret is another body for things to attack, plus it has Cryo ammo and Rockets that do a nice chunk of damage.

I use squad mates and armor that boost my tech damage. Oh yeah, I have incinerate as well for the (very few) armored enemies in the game.

I haven't come across a situation where I didn't have an answer for whatever was thrown at me, and its a blast to play.

^This. My build is exactly like yours, except for my turret build. I went with 100% armor damage and Flame thrower. The turret shoot out the rockets too damn slow for my taste and Flame thrower does more damage per second. It's hilarious to see the enemies getting hit with Chain Stun from the drone + Chain Overload + Flame thrower from turret all at once. I can't believe how easy Insanity is with the Engineer class.

Edited by Pichsterz

I am currently on Insanity with an Engineer as well. I used it on my normal run first. I'm not very far into the game on Insanity but so far the Drone and Turret are making the game a lot easier than I expected at least so far. I got rockets for both of them they don't last long in a bit fire fight but against a couple guys they dominate them.

I've been doing insanity with a vanguard and I can't possibly see how any other class could be more fun. The new nova ability really lets you charge into any sized group of enemies without hesitation. I think vanguard is a solid choice for insanity while being *really* *really* fun!

Judging by the various classes other ppl have mentioned above i woukd say pick the class you think you will enjoy most as the classes seem very balanced and all capable of doing insanity without much trouble if you use the powers effectively. Ive used infiltrator and the sniper has just blown everything away and i have tech powers too so imho all pick what you will find most enjoyable

^This. My build is exactly like yours, except for my turret build. I went with 100% armor damage and Flame thrower. The turret shoot out the rockets too damn slow for my taste and Flame thrower does more damage per second. It's hilarious to see the enemies getting hit with Chain Stun from the drone + Chain Overload + Flame thrower from turret all at once. I can't believe how easy Insanity is with the Engineer class.

Wow, this is really interesting. I've not started my Insanity run yet but after reading yours and NovaSD, it sounds like Engineer class is fun. I've been using Soldier for a long time now. Time for a change. Thanks for the tips peeps =)

I have a different question. Which of the following helps more on insanity:

1. Insanity on imported character.

2. NG+ playthrough.

3. Fresh character [starting at level1]

Reason I ask is to know about weapons, armor etc. and how difficulty scales. In ME2, coz of a bug where-in you didn't get your weapons carried over to NG+, made sense to play Insanity on NG and keep character as low level as possible to offset weapon handicap.

What is recommended for this one?

I have a different question. Which of the following helps more on insanity:

1. Insanity on imported character.

2. NG+ playthrough.

3. Fresh character [starting at level1]

Reason I ask is to know about weapons, armor etc. and how difficulty scales. In ME2, coz of a bug where-in you didn't get your weapons carried over to NG+, made sense to play Insanity on NG and keep character as low level as possible to offset weapon handicap.

What is recommended for this one?

This one allows weapons to be carried over in NG+. You'll need to play through the beginning to Mars to the first weapon pick up to change to your better weapons and then make it to the work bench to put on the mods you earned.

So I'd recommend playing Insanity as NG+.

I started right away on Insanity with my imported level 30 Soldier.

It was definitely a struggle at first, but I attribute that to importing a high-level character and then having difficult enemies to begin the game.

I've been focusing my attention on shield strength, weapon damage, and health. I mainly use the Mattock with warp ammo, but the Chakram Launcher that you get from the Amalur demo is a close second. I pretty much only use Liara and James in my squad. James has a 20% squad shield strength bonus which helps, and Liara's biotics recharge so quickly.

finding adept to be a quite easy runthrough on my NG+ Insanity.

Pull them with normal health + throw a warp at them, dead. Rinse repeat. Take EDI with for overload and use Armor piercing ammo..

Had one tough spot while on the citadel, 2 phantoms and 2 nemesis gave me a 10 minute problem. but since then. Simple

Just started my Insanity run as my Infiltrator. I had a few combat problems with the Cerberus troops on Mars but once I could select my weapons and then reached the work bench to mod them, world of difference. I have my Javelin and Ash has her Widow, life's good.

THIS is my plan. Maybe next week I'll go back to my Infiltrator Fem Shep on Xbox and playthrough Insanity with her as a level 60 ME3 import and see how that goes. Still wondering if enemies scale like in ME2 tho.

Edited by julesthegr8

I found that my 60lvl engineer are failure all of the time. Drone and turret does not have a chance on battlefield, atlas and brute require to much work, and there is grenades (well, it's definitly misbalance). So now I change it for 9lvl somebody else.

I found that my 60lvl engineer are failure all of the time. Drone and turret does not have a chance on battlefield, atlas and brute require to much work, and there is grenades (well, it's definitly misbalance). So now I change it for 9lvl somebody else.

that's interesting the first couple of posts said that engineer was a good class to choose. not sure what class i'm going to use, someone should start a poll.

I took the advice of the first few posts here and started an Insanity playthrough as an engineer and it was awesome! the combat drone and turrets you throw are a life saver! Finished the playthrough today!

The kai leng or whatever fight was pretty unbelievably easy, the turret and drone kept him busy while my squadmates killed his stupid spawned enemies, I just kept using Incinerate and Overload on him (and bombs - my bonus power)..

The only psychotic part is of course the end battle of the game, but it shouldnt matter what class you are, that is going to be a pain for anyone!

Of course, squadmates help with every mission so its not just your class, its everyones!

I'm wondering: if you import a Mass Effect 3 character, can you still change your class at the beginning of the game? I was surprised to find out you could change classes from an imported ME2 character at the beginning of ME3, but you'd think it would make sense for the game to not allow that when you do NG+.

Easy enough to find out when you start Insanity, I know, but I was just wondering. ;)

I'm wondering: if you import a Mass Effect 3 character, can you still change your class at the beginning of the game? I was surprised to find out you could change classes from an imported ME2 character at the beginning of ME3, but you'd think it would make sense for the game to not allow that when you do NG+.

Easy enough to find out when you start Insanity, I know, but I was just wondering. ;)

When I imported my ME2 save I could change my class but when importing my ME3 save the class could not be changed again.

Ok, so I started my NG+ yesterday using my ME3 imported Infiltrator. Now that I have a Level 10 Black Widow and every single ability maxed out except for sticky grenades (LV4) My Fem Shep is a beast. That Sniper head shot will destroy everything. Plus I equipped Cryo Ammo for some more freeze damage. I dont think this will be that bad especially with Liara and later Tali or Edi to keep enemies occupied with a drone or body double (whatever EDIs ability is called.)

Edited by julesthegr8

Ok, so I started my NG+ yesterday using my ME3 imported Infiltrator. Now that I have a Level 10 Black Widow and every single ability maxed out except for sticky grenades (LV4) My Fem Shep is a beast. That Sniper head shot will destroy everything. Plus I equipped Cryo Ammo for some more freeze damage. I dont think this will be that bad especially with Liara and later Tali or Edi to keep enemies occupied with a drone or body double (whatever EDIs ability is called.

Hmm. Interesting. Ive completed the game as Infiltrator and want to do insanity run. But was afraid it would be too hard to import my ME3 character and continue. But after reading what you said, I think I might give it a shot! :p