Is It Just Me?

AnCafe14

Is it just me, or does it this game have alot of graphical issues on the PS3? My games skips alot, there are stupid weird glitchy things that happen, and sometimes (like the begining where shep and anderson are talking before the reapers attack) the graphics just look like shit. I don't know if i'm just playing to much in one sitting. I noticed multiplayer is fine, but the story mode is shaky. Don't get me wrong i'm enjoying the game, but it is preventing me from thinking this is a GREAT game like ME2.

Any issues I've had are relatively minor. I love the game, the only thing I can think of that I liked better from ME2 was being able to mine for resources. It gave a reason to explore the galaxy. Now if it isn't Reaper controlled and doesn't have a mission there's no real point in going there which is a bit disappointing as the galactic exploration aspect is one of the many things that appeal to me with the franchise.

I noticed some glitches in conversations... (faces not looking at each other)

Then there was that black out/no screen on Citadel D2..

Heard there were some glitches with side missions on Citadel like Aria: Eclipse and Hanar Embassy

Edited by HaoleDave

Well like when you are riding in the Trucks on Tuchanka or however its spelled the framerate is terrible. I really think that is what i mean by saying it looks like shit. its just bothersome. Combat looks great, multiplayer is great, just the cutscenes are just subpar.

Is it just me, or does it this game have alot of graphical issues on the PS3? My games skips alot, there are stupid weird glitchy things that happen, and sometimes (like the begining where shep and anderson are talking before the reapers attack) the graphics just look like shit. I don't know if i'm just playing to much in one sitting. I noticed multiplayer is fine, but the story mode is shaky. Don't get me wrong i'm enjoying the game, but it is preventing me from thinking this is a GREAT game like ME2.

hey, you know at first i totaly agreed with you, initialy i too (and still) found it to be 'skippy' and i was having a hard time deciding if i even thought this was half the game ME2 was, which was a 2011 top 5 for sure - for me.

But like a lot of ps3 users (i presume) playing ME2 for the first time, having no concept of what ME1 was about (dispite the back story comic and referensing me1 a lot, i found i still never felt like i was totally in the loop). My first playthrough was all about learning about this new "mass effect", second playthrough i mainly tried just to make all different choices and go opposite karma rating cos i wanted to learn more about it.

anyway, to cut it short, i went back and played ME2 again to change some of my decisions which previously i just went opposite just to see, i wanted it to be a true reflection of the choices i wanted to make... point is this, me3 actually is much, much better graphically and gameplay wise, its smoother, controls better. dont know why but i thought it was lagging to at first, but i think after so long since ME2 i became unfamiliar with it, but me3 is the bomb.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/1200/thedarknessof66.png

What I experienced in my play-through:

• Frame rate isn't always stable.
  • Cut-scene camera sometimes pans to where someone should be standing, but aren't.
  • Character shadows sometimes disappear or snap to a certain position.
  • I have quick freezes or hangs when walking around the Citadel or the Normandy.
  • The characters sometimes wait a bit before saying their dialogue.
  • Cinematic cut-scenes aren't stable at all. They stutter quite a bit.

Yeah I kinda stopped playing the game for the past few days. With the annoying lagging in the Citadel and the blacking out while going to the docks is garbage. There are a lot of frame rate issues that cause to the game to stall which is stupid of bioware not to notice, OH I forgot its EA running the show now...not a surprise there...hope they get their act together and fix this piece of shit. Its like a really good game dropped the ball thanks to developing issues.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/1173/X2AStrikeFreedom.png

The only thing that bugs me that I've noticed so far (other than minor skips every once in a while I don't really care about) is the slight static noise it gives off if you play with a headset. I've loved the new Sony wireless headset since I got it, but this is the only game that has a constant static sound as soon as it loads up. It's a minor nitpick but it made me think my headset was shot or something.

The only thing that bugs me that I've noticed so far (other than minor skips every once in a while I don't really care about) is the slight static noise it gives off if you play with a headset. I've loved the new Sony wireless headset since I got it, but this is the only game that has a constant static sound as soon as it loads up. It's a minor nitpick but it made me think my headset was shot or something.

I also have that static sound in my Logitech F540 and sometimes the sound going off for a second.

I also have the 360 version but can't play it because the optical drive of my 360 Slim crapped out and have to send to Microsoft for repair :rolleyes:

We might have lots of framerate issue, but from the 360 forums, the 360 gamers have to constantly swap discs like 4 times in a couple of hours.