Please help insanity mode end game toubles!

sepheroithisgod

• 4 weeks later...

My personal bad game design detector: when a boss battle involves getting swarmed by regular enemies, it's bad game design. Happens to the best, but is still worth rolling one's eyes at every time.

That being said, I'm there on Insanity, too. Phantoms are the problem, there's pretty much no cover. Guess one has to be lucky or something. Brought EDI and Kaidan with my SoldierShep.

I don't know how I did it on Normal, mainly because I didn't even realize it - I wasn't paying attention to Kai Leng at all and still busy fending off his minions, when all of a sudden *cutscene* battle over.

My teammates both have Overload and Kai Leng isn't really the problem - it's his minions. This is upsetting me quite a bit, stupid Phantoms and Nemesis' ... no place to effectively take cover.

Man, I got them down to one Phantom left, but then the other Phantom rushed me and I couldn't do anything to fend it off. *aaarghlst*

This boss is a lot to do with luck. I was a soldier and didn't have the bonus power that restores your shields. It's fine when Kai Leng is on his own, but when he calls reinforcements, that's when it becomes ridiculous. I also had EDI & Liara with me.

When he calls his troopers, I use Singularity to lift them off the ground and and then finish them off with a Warp explosion and bullets. If you can get through those enemies fast enough, it should be okay. On the next wave of enemies, I always target the Nemesis first, because they do the most damage. I use the same strat. Use Singularity and Overload on the Nemesis. Then Warp her and shoot at her. The Phantoms take it up a level, though. You just have to hope that Kai Leng glitches out and doesn't move. It gives you some time to take the Phantoms out. I used Statis and Overload to take the Barriers down on the Phantoms. While you're dealing with one, the other one always rushes you. Kai Leng does too, which is why you have to hope that he glitches out.

Edited by NathanW18

I did it as Infiltrator and spammed cloak.

iirc I had Liara and spammed her Stasis on KL. it slows him down a bit

Also Cloak , roll, heal. I used like 6-7 heals to keep my own health up.

also I used a pistol instead of rifle. or possibly my Locust SMG I forget.

iirc single shot weapons work better on KL.

also I usually have James Vega as he can usually survive on his own. And double carnage works wonders (my bonus power)

Edited by ecto69

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...!

I managed to kill the f-ing him before he f-ing summoned his f-ing third group of f-ing minions and now the f-ing game won't f-ing proceed because the f-ing cutscene with him being f-ing defeated was never f-ing shown!

I'm stuck in the Illusive Man's office and have no other choice than to restart the battle. I swear, if the guy responsible for this part of the game was here right now, he'd need a dentist tomorrow!

Edit: Wow, to make up for it, the next try went pretty much ... perfectly!

First troup of minions: adrenaline rush and incendiary ammo - they were gone before they knew it.

Second troup: as soon as they fell down, threw two grenades there and used overload to stun them so they wouldn't dodge them. All of them gone immediately!

Third: two Phantoms, okay, here I guess I got a bit lucky because Kai Leng didn't rush me but the team instead, however, quick use of Overload against the Phantoms destroyed their barriers (weird, usually, barriers are a bit stronger, no?) and incendiary ammo let them fall within two seconds.

Then, Kai Leng himself was no threat at all, just overload and shoot him - done. Man, the relief ...

Edited by SoPoF

I truly wish you were an Infiltrator. If you were you would have never made this posting. LOL. As a soldier I would spam AR as much as possible. Use an assault rifle with disruptor ammo and shoot the hell out of him. Spam Liaras singularity while shooting the troopers, Nemesis' and Phantoms. Use EDI's decoy as much as possible and have her overload on a hotkey. This battle isnt too bad.

To be honest, I consider all the extra powers available pretty much useless. And as I said, if you are really quick and know where the enemies apear, even as a soldier, you can take them out before they even have a chance to open fire on you - maybe a little luck with the Phantoms.

I lost my shields exactly once from a blast by Kai Leng I didn't dodge, other than that - I feel my PS3 took pity on me or something.^^